Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

Originally Posted by Dric

Yo Jay_Jetson617 you just gave them away? Shoot, if you can afford to do that again, holla at me. 
laugh.gif

Lol to keep a long story short my cousin does Body art painting and was doing an event so i gave him an outfit and i dont really rock nikes and jays so i gave them to him...he wore the $!$# out them too...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by bjamintrotter

510 865 1640 is doing phone orders for the binary's $210 shipped

Where is that?

district seems like some cool dudes. i ordered from them yesterday and they shipped out yesterday as well. gave me tracking today. i told them an NTer posted their info and that i'd most likely be doing future business w/ them.
pimp.gif
once again, good looks macgyver35

The Binary blues are hitting my HOH on the 12th.
Again, these will be limited, straight from the manager.

Originally Posted by NikeRider

They're like everywhere...gonna be discounted on swoosh as well..

good to see dudes helping out. thats the old spirit of niketalk that seems to be lacking somewhat nowadays. thanks to those that commented on the cushioning. anyone elses opinion is welcomed. especially dudes at footlocker that can try them on or those that have their pairs. seems to be that the forefoot is lacking from what i can tell. i haven't seen or tried them on. did a chat with nike cs, and of course they had no info on the cushioning set up, and said would email me on tuesday with the info. we will see. its a shame when even the shoe designers don't even mention the cushioning (like that marc dolce video on $C)

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Bro, where you from? Share the love and let us know what places have lots of stock.

Around my way (NJ) only a few places are getting them. Also, I doubt they will sit unsold for long on NDC .
If they don't sell well and NDC does put them on clearance, I will be the first to grab two extra pairs. 
However, we can all dream but the chance of this happening is very low in my humble opinion.   

Originally Posted by SNKR INDSTRY JOSHBASKIN

^ It's just forefoot foam. There's no cushioning up front. The heel Zoom is fairly small too.
WHAT!? Almost $200 and there's basically no zoom in these.... I was expecting full length zoom!
NIKE execs get a kick in the chest for doing this!

Bro, where you from? Share the love and let us know what places have lots of stock.

Around my way (NJ) only a few places are getting them. Also, I doubt they will sit unsold for long on NDC .
If they don't sell well and NDC does put them on clearance, I will be the first to grab two extra pairs. 
However, we can all dream but the chance of this happening is very low in my humble opinion.   
Well I know for a fact they will drop for $120 on swoosh which typically (I know not always) means they will be a GR.  Several other sites have already been selling them for $210 (I believe someone posted a few places some pages back), just seems like there are going to be a lot of these as it is the first color for a big release (GITD never hit nike.com), thats just my opinion though and what I have seen

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

Originally Posted by bjamintrotter

510 865 1640 is doing phone orders for the binary's $210 shipped

Where is that?

district seems like some cool dudes. i ordered from them yesterday and they shipped out yesterday as well. gave me tracking today. i told them an NTer posted their info and that i'd most likely be doing future business w/ them.
pimp.gif
once again, good looks macgyver35
same here made a order with them also  

mane, ya boy is so tight i couldnt get my hands on them black and white boys, and then the guy who got my size wouldnt stop starin at me and im like man i like the shoes but not long enough to have 30+ seconds of uninterrupted eye contact with another grown man, creepers mane

Originally Posted by clkru

good god, is there another athlete in the history of sports who has benefited from HYPE as much as Penny Hardaway!? Yeah he had a few good seasons and was full of promise before injuries ruined his career, but the closest he ever came to accomplishing anything as a team member or individual was getting swept in the Finals (with Shaq) in 1995 by the Houston Rockets.

It's truly amazing to think about how much Penny's legacy and reputation stands on manufactured HYPE versus it's own two feet.
umm..he did win a gold medal in 96

Well I know for a fact they will drop for $120 on swoosh which typically (I know not always) means they will be a GR.  Several other sites have already been selling them for $210 (I believe someone posted a few places some pages back), just seems like there are going to be a lot of these as it is the first color for a big release (GITD never hit nike.com), thats just my opinion though and what I have seen
Well considering that my local FTL has them in stock I gotta go with WITNESSkb24 and say that these are looking like a GR.

Originally Posted by si3n4

Originally Posted by DR DAMON

Originally Posted by DZ

Anyone hoop in these yet?

i doubt it,  no one will comment on the cushioning setup question. 
I find that fascinating that no one will comment on the cushioning set up. Should be such an easy thing to figure out and post. Maybe people will start playing in these once the market floods in a few months with all the other colors releasing. I'm very curious to find out how they perform...

Also, the grey/blues do nothing for me. The grey mutes the blue....
i wore em 2 days straight, i believe its heel and fore foot zoom air..it isn't a full zoom air unit like da foamposite one/pros

I got the colors I want.. I think I am done.. Maybe the all black ones... Non the less, I am very happy with these kicks.. 
pimp.gif

152cgop.jpg

Originally Posted by slickp42189

mane, ya boy is so tight i couldnt get my hands on them black and white boys, and then the guy who got my size wouldnt stop starin at me and im like man i like the shoes but not long enough to have 30+ seconds of uninterrupted eye contact with another grown man, creepers mane

so i copped a pair a pair sz 10.5 db 4's from ndc and now im going to try and flip them so i can pay for the atlantics, db 4's will be easy to get at retail when they restock at niketowns across the country. the atlantics are so dope, really the only pair im feelin other than the max orange joints. im trying to get the atlantics for under $400 but most people are asking $400+, hopefully i can find a seller with a sz 10.5 or 11 that will bite for $350-$400 shipped.

these arent really comfy to be honest. im probably gonna put insoles in my pairs in the future.

that said, they look dope tho. i wore my GITD up Security Mall yesterday and broke necks for days.

EDIT:
Not sure why people think NY is the central for all style. People from NY generally admit they go with trends. Foams wasnt even on the radar until recent years. Dudes in the DMV been rocking them since day 1.
And to say DMV dude were only wearing AF1s and what not... thats just stupid. Back in the day, everyone were rocking AF1s AKA UPTOWNS.

AND

what research is there to do? Charm is from Bmore and so am I. we BOTH know what was good with foams back in the day. I still
laugh.gif
when I used to see dudes from DC putting glitter on the flightposite 1s to go with their Shooters outfits.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom