Nike Zoom Rookie - another Penny Hardaway hybrid (August 2011)

nike-zoom-rookie-lwp-galaxy.jpg

these actually exist! http://tinyurl.com/882vku3
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope they make so many of those galaxy rookies that everyone that wants a pair can have 2.

Can't wait for those eggplants. Still waiting for my anthracites to come in from the outlet!

looking back, hoping some of the newer generation of sneakerheads learned a valuable lesson about patience with these/future releases.

Some simple sneaker mathematics:

Resist the initial hype, exercise some patience, and be rewarded by saving some $$$.

Opposed to

give into the hype, make a compulsive decision, and over pay...loosing some $$$.

Originally Posted by sorianotron

looking back, hoping some of the newer generation of sneakerheads learned a valuable lesson about patience with these/future releases.

Resist the initial hype, exercise some patience, and be rewarded by saving some $$$.

Opposed to

give into the hype, make a compulsive decision, and over pay...loosing some $$$.

In general, your statement is point on. The one exception is the larger sizes 12-14.
When you get to these sizes the outlets will not have these. I've tried several times and I'm always told nothing above a sz 11.m

Finally able to pick up the Wht/Blk and All Blk colorways below retail. Had to scoop them up before they were gone. I also picked this up as well and turned them into real Zoom Rookie's. 

Loving the way they feel. Its a shame Nike couldn't do this for us from the beginning.Early 2000's Nike's would have no doubt had em but its all about cost cutting now. Charging $200 and having the nerve to call em "Zoom" Rookie with the lil stick of gum Zoom unit in the heel 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by NikeRider

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Opposed to

In general, your statement is point on. The one exception is the larger sizes 12-14.
When you get to these sizes the outlets will not have these. I've tried several times and I'm always told nothing above a sz 11.m

I want to say I usually see these sizes more and way later than RD, BUT you probably know more about the 12-14 market than I do so Ill give you that, but regardless if anyone(sneaker heads) in general, payed retail or over retail for any of these GR's, you shoulda known better.

These joints are amazing in person. I'll post pics at some point. Not as comfy as the Red joints.. feel more like all the others. Still pretty on the feet.

Back
Top Bottom