Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Yeah that’s what I do, keep a pair exclusively for racing, train in my other older pairs. Last year I raced in a single pair of bright crimsons - did a 10km, two half marathons, one full marathon, and one 5 miler in them. I’ll probably do one more 5 miler in them in March before I retire them to the training stable. I plan on racing in some bright crimson Flyknits this year.

As for training, some people on here might already know, but I do two 1hr (10-11mi) Steady state tempo runs and a 2.5hr long run (22-24mi) each week, and I do those in VFs. I also have a weekly Fartlek that I sometimes do in VF too, but usually in ZF. So I put 45’ish miles on my VF each week. They can handle a lot of miles. The rest of the week is easy running in epic react or turbos, short recovery runs in regular Pegs. My body has been really happy with this rotation.
#beast

Salute to the dedication

Long time lurker who took forever to even make an account and high 2:30s marathoner (fingers crossed I'll be be able to claim mid or low at the end of this training block) but I'll chime in that I love the Maurten gels. Gatorade was always kinda meh for me, my stomach hates cliff blocks with a passion, and its always been a coin flip how my stomach reacts to GU on hard long mileage efforts. No caffeine but they're waaayyy easier on my stomach that other stuff. I've also found them easier to get down in the later stages during races since they aren't flavored (though to be fair I've never actually sought out anything that wasn't flavored in the past).

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve used a variety of gels during races and have been fortunate to never have a stomachs issue. I’m more curious if taking Maurten can help with performance.

I'd like to give Maurten a shot but like drugs the problem is if you like it...its gonna be too damn expensive to maintain so I'm better off not even experimenting...lol

I used to be a Gels guy...specifically GU..and I hated the crash afterwards and the peaks and valleys during...

I switched to Ucann and honestly best thing I could have ever done...drink before you race and you are good...for 10+ miles day...drink another during the run...and it's good sustained energy with no peaks and valleys and most important zero crash after...I can do 18-20 and after a good shower carry on with the rest of my day...

I also run with Pedolyte instead of water...sip every 2 miles and im charged and good...

I know someone posted about running in the streets...and I know someone here has all the VaporFly Elites...can someone comment or compare the two?

Since picking up a pair I did an easy 6 and a hard 8 and i have to be honest I love these things...they were firm at first but broken in really quick...im getting a better response from them then my ZF....

Are the streets basically the Elites minus the Plate???

Man I could only imagine with these would feel like with the CF Plate inside...

For $47 I grabbed another pair yesterday...

Well running warehouse delivers in less than a day. Anyways I feel like I couldve went tts. Fits just like epic reacts. Never owned a pair of these I feel like the bounce return on these immediately. Going for a quick jog to test it out.

Attachments

• 15473162180976649253005107650557.jpg
    15473162180976649253005107650557.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 61
How are you guys getting your outlet vapor streets for $47? Stopped by my local outlet today and they were $109.

How are you guys getting your outlet vapor streets for $47? Stopped by my local outlet today and they were $109.

At one outlet, I got the beige flyknit trainers for $35 (FSR @ $150 marked down to $50... plus an additional 30% in store promotion).... At a different outlet, on the same day, and only about 30 miles away, they had the same shoes for $155 (yes a FSR that was $5 more than msrp on the box) :rofl: :rofl:

I’ll never understand how Nike comes up with the prices, other than it’s different everywhere, and I never expect to know what they’re thinking.

Have them scan them...at my spot the greens were marked $59 with 20% off...all other colors were marked different prices...

I had one of the guys scan the other colors and they all came up the same price they just weren't labeled correctly...

Also...if you go to an outlet and they marked down but down have your size but another outlet close to you does...buy whatever size at the cheap price bring them to the other spot and swap size...even if the price is different they will honor an even size exchange....

I have to eat some crow on Kipchoge going to London.

I love watching him race, and will gladly wake up at 2am for it. But I still think this is somewhat disappointing. What does he have to prove at London? I can't imagine he'll lower his WR time there. It just isn't that exciting to watch him do London and Berlin over and over again. It'd be more fun if he ran Boston, and it'd be way more fun if he did another Breaking 2.

I have to eat some crow on Kipchoge going to London.

I love watching him race, and will gladly wake up at 2am for it. But I still think this is somewhat disappointing. What does he have to prove at London? I can't imagine he'll lower his WR time there. It just isn't that exciting to watch him do London and Berlin over and over again. It'd be more fun if he ran Boston, and it'd be way more fun if he did another Breaking 2.

I agree about seeing Kipchoge run on a more difficult course. i've run all 6 majors and would love to see what he could do in nyc.

I think Nike got what they wanted out of marketing Breaking 2 so i don't think we'll see another one.

On a good weather day I think he could run 2:02 in London, maybe 2:01. He ran 2:03 back in 2016 without even realizing he was on that kind of pace. I think if the weather is good and he has pacers to go out aggressively with, that he could run well there

On a good weather day I think he could run 2:02 in London, maybe 2:01. He ran 2:03 back in 2016 without even realizing he was on that kind of pace. I think if the weather is good and he has pacers to go out aggressively with, that he could run well there

But does a 2:02 in London really excite you? I suppose any time Kipchoge races it's exciting. But we have a unique opportunity to witness the greatest marathoner of all time... it would be more exciting to see him do something new.

I previously put ~200mi on these... now, they’re back to life with ZF1 tooling!

Done up by the good people at GOVRN
95B73420-E5A4-43FD-9CAE-1701EED0F9D2.jpeg

Very cool! Could you provide some feedback for us? It looks like they do some sort of heat press/glue with the upper to the midsole instead of stitching it on like it originally came. Does this hold up for serious running, or will it come apart at some point? I would love to swap some uppers on some zoom fly flyknits and some vaporflys, but don't want them coming apart after a few miles. Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

Got my pair of "Deep Royal" VF in today and they look even better in person. I like that the red accent is bright and the blue isn't too dark. Can't wait to race in these in a week.

Very cool! Could you provide some feedback for us? It looks like they do some sort of heat press/glue with the upper to the midsole instead of stitching it on like it originally came. Does this hold up for serious running, or will it come apart at some point? I would love to swap some uppers on some zoom fly flyknits and some vaporflys, but don't want them coming apart after a few miles. Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

I’ve gotten the same swap from Govrn and ended up only using them a handful of times. My shins were aching a ton after doing a speed workout in them. The flyknit upper on the racer doesnt support the weight on the ZF outsole IMO. I never felt it was going to fall apart though.

Back
Top Bottom