Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I’m liking the aethestetics of the VF2 over the VF3. What’s the difference in tech? I can only tell that the sole is a bit chunkier; so more ZoomX?

And those Light Blues are on my lookout list.

Crimson overload

43B06CDC-B298-4236-8B71-9A1AE9B52F7F.jpeg

I went +1/2 size up from my true size in the VF2s like I did in the OGs.

Here are some comparison pics in re: to sizing...

P35 (TTS) vs. VF2 (+1/2)
4A3E7630-8EAB-4788-97D2-6CEF07A6F3AD.jpeg

Turbo (TTS) X VF2 (+1/2 up)
531345D1-B94C-475B-BEEC-9226C8B54F68.jpeg

ZF2 (TTS) vs. VF2 (+1/2)
9A6A341E-7F56-47F5-8E82-01DB3EAA5EB2.jpeg

VF1 (+1/2) vs. VF2(+1/2)
0C065D05-A170-4F9A-9D66-C0FF15161D3A.jpeg

For me, going +1/2 worked out perfectly. :smile:

Last edited:
Finished my furthest race to date.

15k.

Looking forward to completing a half towards the end of the year.

Ran in gen 1 4%, and maybe I do like them more than I originally thought lol

Ran a solid time considering this was 2.5 miles further than what I’ve ever ran previous.

9:15 pace.

47D11393-4CF2-403F-ADAE-E04344B86E80.jpeg

Finished my furthest race to date.

15k.

Looking forward to completing a half towards the end of the year.

Ran in gen 1 4%, and maybe I do like them more than I originally thought lol

Ran a solid time considering this was 2.5 miles further than what I’ve ever ran previous.

9:15 pace.

47D11393-4CF2-403F-ADAE-E04344B86E80.jpeg
:pimp::pimp::pimp:My Man

This is from the Shamrock 8k in Portland yesterday. I was next to the BTC crew at the start and of course noticed the 5% (or VF Next). They look much better in person than all the spy shots that have been posted. The upper looked very form fitting and not sloppy like some of the pics I have seen.

This is from the Shamrock 8k in Portland yesterday. I was next to the BTC crew at the start and of course noticed the 5% (or VF Next). They look much better in person than all the spy shots that have been posted. The upper looked very form fitting and not sloppy like some of the pics I have seen.
Did you see Jordan Hasay?

would be awesome if the green filling inside the midsole is just one thick *ss zoom bag

like quadruple stacked zoom bag :lol:

If you had the opportunity to sit down with one of the developers of the 4% (and presumably 5%) what would you ask them?

(and yes, it looks like I'll have this opportunity next weekend as I'm currently testing a prototype)

I would ask them why they continue to use uppers that aren't great! The streak 6 upper, which they prototyped would have been fantastic, or something similar that is light, has a real tongue, and is very form fitting. I think they nailed the ride for the most part, but I would also ask why the made the last so curved. Personally, I would be willing to give up a little weight to have it be a tad wider so it's more supportive, which in theory would be even more efficient. Have you seen how bad most people crush the medial side? Even the elites are crushing it down and pronating a ton. So in summary, a racing flat upper that is very adjustable and form fitting and a wider platform. Hope you can share any info after meeting with them!

If you had the opportunity to sit down with one of the developers of the 4% (and presumably 5%) what would you ask them?

(and yes, it looks like I'll have this opportunity next weekend as I'm currently testing a prototype)

Doesn't look like it'll be an issue with the next iteration, but why did they stick with the outsole design that makes suction cup noises on every stride? And is ZoomX really that loud? I make zero noise all the way through from foot strike to toe off in every other Nike shoe that I wear (Peg, Peg Turbo, Elite, Fly, and Streak), but the 4% is the noisiest shoe ever. And it's not just me - its every person wearing it.

Again, it looks like the design of the 5% will (hopefully) cure that issue.

Back
Top Bottom