Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Sadly u get put into the same category as the people I see on the track in NMDs when u mention running in casual shoes. Not worth the injury risk. He definitely could of said it in a more nicer way though haha.

FWIW, I've run in the vapor street before and felt perfectly fine from a cushioning/stability standpoint. Now the disclaimers: I've only done this running to and from work (2 miles) in order to cut down on my commute so I was just cruising at a 7:30 pace not actually trying to get in a hard workout; I weigh 136 lbs, so I'm not stressing the foam as someone who weighs more, I could see someone having more of an issue with stability if they're putting more weigh on their heels than I do when I run (heel striking, over striding, whatever you want to call it). And there have been other people who run in them:

Oh, and I also don't like Vomero 14. I think it's the worst of both worlds, with both worlds being the Peg 34 and Epic React. But that's why they make so many different shoes -- so everyone can find what works for them. I absolutely love the turbos but I know some folks don't like them, and that's perfectly fine.

saw it in person at a local store yesterday, the midsole is reallu stiff, so it has a plate inside

It's because lIfestyle use a different react compound
FWIW, I've run in the vapor street before and felt perfectly fine from a cushioning/stability standpoint. Now the disclaimers: I've only done this running to and from work (2 miles) in order to cut down on my commute so I was just cruising at a 7:30 pace not actually trying to get in a hard workout; I weigh 136 lbs, so I'm not stressing the foam as someone who weighs more, I could see someone having more of an issue with stability if they're putting more weigh on their heels than I do when I run (heel striking, over striding, whatever you want to call it). And there have been other people who run in them:

Oh, and I also don't like Vomero 14. I think it's the worst of both worlds, with both worlds being the Peg 34 and Epic React. But that's why they make so many different shoes -- so everyone can find what works for them. I absolutely love the turbos but I know some folks don't like them, and that's perfectly fine.

My point is that the Vaporstreet/ Peg SP are made by Nike's Lifestyle team who don't know how to make a running shoe and don't care how a shoe performs when being used for running.

All the Nike Running shoes you mentioned are done by the same team... Nike Running. They are a brilliant team who have a passion for running and care about ypu, the runner.

Last edited:
I don't like the V14.

But yes, continue talking down to a person you know nothing about. I have a pair of V1 VaporFly, two pairs of VF FK, two pairs of Zoom Fly Flyknits, a pair of Epic React, Odyssey Reacts, Peg Turbos, new Free 5s, Vomero 14s, a few misc (Hoka, Brooks) - obviously I know nothing about running. I've only ran 300mi so far this year, after all :rolleyes

videotogif_2019.05.16_22.31.28.gif

Cool

Grabbed the white VF with the member discount. I’ve been debating on these for a while but at $200 I couldn’t pass them up.

i wish there was more cw

to this day i dont think they've released a simple blk/wht cw of the VFs

and why have two bright crimson based cws if you're only going to release a handful to begin with?
imgrc0074872809.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2019%2F04%2Fnike-vaporfly-4-flyknit-bright-crimson-sapphire-release-1.jpg

i mean its still a $250 shoes and was only selling out because resellers thought they were gon' profit from it but runners aren't like bball fans

runners actually run in these, not keep 'em ds in hopes it sells for 10x the value in a decade

plus next% already released (somewhat) so they are going to try and move them sooner than later

i mean its still a $250 shoes and was only selling out because resellers thought they were gon' profit from it but runners aren't like bball fans

runners actually run in these, not keep 'em ds in hopes it sells for 10x the value in a decade

plus next% already released (somewhat) so they are going to try and move them sooner than later
Oh yeah, for sure. I just remember around this time last year trying to get a pair of VFs and it was nearly impossible without paying a big premium to a reseller.

f**k resellers

On another note, just looking forward to the ZF3 when they release.

ER1’s on their way out and my ZF1’s are just too stiff for me

Got some Peg33’s that have light mileage but want some something to rotate with

Any of the tri-State guys in here run the in Popular Brooklyn Half yesterday?

Hope you guys had fun! Weather was great yesterday. Was a bit jealous, I did it in the rain last year lol

Any of the tri-State guys in here run the in Popular Brooklyn Half yesterday?

Hope you guys had fun! Weather was great yesterday. Was a bit jealous, I did it in the rain last year lol

Yeh it was pretty hot tho. Managed to run a 1.26 which is not what I was aiming for but didn’t feel good on the day

Yeh it was pretty hot tho. Managed to run a 1.26 which is not what I was aiming for but didn’t feel good on the day

Didn’t the race start around 7/7:30? Surprised the temps rose and felt like that. It was cool from what I recall.

Still a good time nonetheless. Finished off with a beer? 8)

Picked up plum dust Vapor Peg's online in my size and picked up another pair but went up 1/2 size to see which one fits better. I'm not a runner. These are for casual use

Back
Top Bottom