Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

nice. Funniest thing to me is casual wearers of the % - with the hype machine that is Nike, casual or street wear use is odd to me.

not that comfortable just lounging around.

I ran a half a few weeks ago and was amazed that there were people running a 2:45 half wearing the Next%. But hey, to each their own - a half is a half - whatever helps you get to the finish line is a good thing!

a lot less runners for todays 10k (1,000 runners in comparison to 5,000 yesterday for the 5k) but it also consisted more serious runners and the ones that was first places was running back and i saw them and mostly wearing VFs

i was gon do the same and wear VFs but i had to go to with a more cushioned shoe one that i feel is better for hills and one of the best ever running shoe ever that balances performance and look... lunarepics!

101421D8-A72B-4A04-953E-85D37E8E4003.jpeg

Is that the inaugural race? I never heard of it before you posted. I’d love to run those races next year! How are the prices compared to Disney?

Last edited:
its the second one, first one was the minions this past april

next one is next april and its Trolls themed

price is about the same as disneys, to run both 5k and 10k and get the third challenger medal is ~$150

its the second one, first one was the minions this past april

next one is next april and its Trolls themed

price is about the same as disneys, to run both 5k and 10k and get the third challenger medal is ~$150

Ahhh... I’m planning to do run the Star Wars one (10K + HM) in DW next April. That challenge is $360.

If Universal does JW races next year, I’ll definitely run the challenge.

a lot less runners for todays 10k (1,000 runners in comparison to 5,000 yesterday for the 5k) but it also consisted more serious runners and the ones that was first places was running back and i saw them and mostly wearing VFs

i was gon do the same and wear VFs but i had to go to with a more cushioned shoe one that i feel is better for hills and one of the best ever running shoe ever that balances performance and look... lunarepics!

101421D8-A72B-4A04-953E-85D37E8E4003.jpeg
I was just running in mine yesterday. Forgot how much I do actually like running in them.

i think theyll try and hit up their different ips, im hoping for universal monsters and of course harry potter

since youre going to florida, universal there is gon have their very first tun next year in feb: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/events/running-universal-orlando

it just says character run so it might just be all their ip in one run but check it out

i really miss the rundisney here in ca

Looking at the finisher paces for the 10K, I think I could've placed in the top 5-10 overall.

I miss RunDisney in LA too! I wanted to run the Marvel one.

I ran a half a few weeks ago and was amazed that there were people running a 2:45 half wearing the Next%. But hey, to each their own - a half is a half - whatever helps you get to the finish line is a good thing!
Confused are you saying they shouldn’t be wearing them?

Not sure if you run marathons but that life get expensive real fast....

that and if you decide to participate in any race that anticipates a lot of runners.

I’m a big fan of NYRR events - the NYC HM I did was $150, including insurance, Popular Brooklyn HM was $110 or $140 and I believe the NYCM is $200+ (Going to try for that in 2020)

Am I the only one who thinks it’s crazy to pay anything over $125 to run a race?

you're definitely not the only one, i have a lot of friends who wonders why i pay a cent to run at all, i tried to get them to come and change their mind but they're not having it

~$150 for a 5k and 10k inside a theme park thats pretty well organized (and this makes a difference, ive been to cheaper ones that felt like it was simply a cash grab and organize by elementary students) and clean feels like a good deal

plus if you consider the swag you get, it makes it less painful, at least thats what i tell myself 😭 for the $150 run i just did this weekend, i got two shirt ($25-$30 each), a commemorative pin ($15-$20) and 3 amazing medals (they are hefty and great quality, honestly the best medals ive gotten and better than disneys) and you do get some a decent selection of refreshments and snacks after the race

oh and free parking, universal charges $27 for general parking, when i did the rundisney challenge, i had to pick up the packets on friday, run the 10k on saturday and half on sunday and each of those days cost $20 for parking (disney charges $25 parking now), easily $60 for the weekend and would have been $80 if i ran the 5k on a friday and picked up the packet on thursday,

Looking at the finisher paces for the 10K, I think I could've placed in the top 5-10 overall.

I miss RunDisney in LA too! I wanted to run the Marvel one.

if you are used to really, really steep hills, you have a good chance

not sure how well you know universal studios hollywood is but the tram tour and the entrance/exit to the 101, those are all insane inclines, there are several of that too and my lower calves are sore right now. according to nrc elevation gain is 572ft and iirc every 100ft slows down your per mile pace by ~5%-6%? i sort of remember reading that when I ran the minion run earlier this year but probably worse in this course just because its not a steady incline

i was just looking through my emails to compare to Disney and I actually paid ~$400 for the 10k/Half Challenge before the $60 parking

that and if you decide to participate in any race that anticipates a lot of runners.

I’m a big fan of NYRR events - the NYC HM I did was $150, including insurance, Popular Brooklyn HM was $110 or $140 and I believe the NYCM is $200+ (Going to try for that in 2020)
NYC is $295 I believe and Chicago is around $250 or a little more.....

Again, that marathon life gets expensive real fast.....

Not to mention travel and stay......

you're definitely not the only one, i have a lot of friends who wonders why i pay a cent to run at all, i tried to get them to come and change their mind but they're not having it

~$150 for a 5k and 10k inside a theme park thats pretty well organized (and this makes a difference, ive been to cheaper ones that felt like it was simply a cash grab and organize by elementary students) and clean feels like a good deal

plus if you consider the swag you get, it makes it less painful, at least thats what i tell myself 😭 for the $150 run i just did this weekend, i got two shirt ($25-$30 each), a commemorative pin ($15-$20) and 3 amazing medals (they are hefty and great quality, honestly the best medals ive gotten and better than disneys) and you do get some a decent selection of refreshments and snacks after the race

oh and free parking, universal charges $27 for general parking, when i did the rundisney challenge, i had to pick up the packets on friday, run the 10k on saturday and half on sunday and each of those days cost $20 for parking (disney charges $25 parking now), easily $60 for the weekend and would have been $80 if i ran the 5k on a friday and picked up the packet on thursday,

if you are used to really, really steep hills, you have a good chance

not sure how well you know universal studios hollywood is but the tram tour and the entrance/exit to the 101, those are all insane inclines, there are several of that too and my lower calves are sore right now. according to nrc elevation gain is 572ft and iirc every 100ft slows down your per mile pace by ~5%-6%? i sort of remember reading that when I ran the minion run earlier this year but probably worse in this course just because its not a steady incline

yeah, I remember running from my GF’s mom’s house in Burbank to Universal Studios/City Walk when visiting one year. It was intense but similar to most inclines around SF.

Regarding race entry fees, I think I paid ~$150 for Disney’s 10K. Excluding the race entry, I paid about 2G for a 5 night stay, 2 day park hopper, meal plan and flight as a package. Disney provided transportation via shuttle from and to the airport, to and from the expo, the start line/ finish line and to their four parks and more. It was a very convenient and enjoyable experience, and I’d do it again (Star Wars next year).

Back
Top Bottom