Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Just surpassed 400mi after my 17miler yesterday in my first VF2s.

2BD41776-DEB3-4DE1-A99B-78D3386D0F92.jpeg

From Nike's Q2 December earnings investors call...

"Running continues to create tremendous energy with consumers across both performance and lifestyle. At Nike, we leverage innovation to help athletes perform better while catalyzing energy and growth in running-inspired Sportswear styles. That starts with serving the widest range of runners, and over the past two years, we've introduced several performance innovation platforms into the running category including React, Vaporfly 4%, NEXT% and Joyride.

Vaporfly 4% and NEXT% continue to transform the sport, taking over the fields in marathons around the world, including this quarters sub-two-hour marathon from Eliud Kipchoge in Vienna and Brigid Kosgei’s women's
marathon world record in Chicago. While Joyride and React continue to fuel the everyday runner, early next year, we'll keep the cadence of new platforms going. In January, we'll start with the Nike React Infinity Run which blends responsiveness and comfort for both efficiency and impact reduction. And for Tokyo 2020, we'll introduce a new Zoom Air Running platform that'll scale across both performance and lifestyle."

Last sentence has me intrigued...

That article also claims that Kosgei’s “modified” Next%’s would also be banned. In what way were her pair “modified”. My understanding was that they were stock Next%’s.

That article also claims that Kosgei’s “modified” Next%’s would also be banned. In what way were her pair “modified”. My understanding was that they were stock Next%’s.
Maybe they’re referring, improperly, to stack height compared to gen 1 and 2?

Anyways, you called it earlier for the most likely outcome — 4% and Next% get a pass but not Kipchoge’s 1:59 shoe

Last edited:
Kipchoge insists that focusing on his Nike shoes is wrong. “They are fair,” he told the Telegraph. “I trained hard. Technology is growing and we can’t deny it – we must go with technology.”
Very interesting article...

Back
Top Bottom