Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

As is, I prefer the VF2s' upper material (Flyknit) over the VFN's. Overall, I certainly feel that the VFN is the better performer of the two.

Another consideration for the VFN swap (quick PS lol)
Nike-Flyknit-Lunar1-Electric-Green-Dark-Obsidian-Blue-Tint.jpg

Also received the Sail VFNs last night. I LOVE them! DSLR Pics this weekend if I'm not too lazy lol

Last edited:
Hoping to pickup the BRS VF Next on Saturday. I returned my Ekiden so hopefully the BRS aren’t hard to get on NDC.

I'm debating whether or not to head down to Santa Monica for the release. I think it may be crazy because it's the actual Blue Ribbon Sports location though.

I'm debating whether or not to head down to Santa Monica for the release. I think it may be crazy because it's the actual Blue Ribbon Sports location though.
There's gonna be some events and celebrations at BRS and SM Nike this Saturday so come on down.

if they do ban the alphafly, would that just apply to the pros only?

i mean if i wore ‘em for the la marathon, are they gon kick me out?

if they do ban the alphafly, would that just apply to the pros only?

i mean if i wore ‘em for the la marathon, are they gon kick me out?

unless they do a gear check on people, not sure how the ban would be enforced on us commoners. doubt they would kick out anyone though, just feel like if anything, your finish time just wouldn’t be recorded? idk just all speculation

are they gon rip off the tracker on my bib?

along with the other hundreds who would like run in ‘em too if the shoe releases

what if i paint my nike to look oike another brand...

:lol:

So after my training run this morning I decided to head out to Santa Monica to BRS for the event. I'm pretty jaded when it comes to Nike hosting these types of things, ie: NikeTown or The Vault. There always seems to be secret handshakes and back room conversations involved.

I was blown away at the vibe and sense of community at BRS. They made everyone feel like family. Lined up for maybe 5 minutes, got a wrist band (for those of age to drink the free beers) and a bib for the mile race. Hung around for about 30 min then it was a group jog down to the college track. Quick warm up and we were off! Jog back and returned to mountains of pizza boxes. The male and female winners of the mile race won a pair of BRS NXT%, they raffled off a few entries to the LA 13.1 race, a few hoodies (I won one), and two pairs of NXT%. Oh, and everyone got a free BRS Nike shirt.

If you're in town, go visit BRS. Full of history and you won't be disappointed.

20200125_145657.jpg

20200125_105404.jpg

So after my training run this morning I decided to head out to Santa Monica to BRS for the event. I'm pretty jaded when it comes to Nike hosting these types of things, ie: NikeTown or The Vault. There always seems to be secret handshakes and back room conversations involved.

I was blown away at the vibe and sense of community at BRS. They made everyone feel like family. Lined up for maybe 5 minutes, got a wrist band (for those of age to drink the free beers) and a bib for the mile race. Hung around for about 30 min then it was a group jog down to the college track. Quick warm up and we were off! Jog back and returned to mountains of pizza boxes. The male and female winners of the mile race won a pair of BRS NXT%, they raffled off a few entries to the LA 13.1 race, a few hoodies (I won one), and two pairs of NXT%. Oh, and everyone got a free BRS Nike shirt.

20200125_145657.jpg

20200125_105404.jpg
Great to hear about the experience. I’d like to stop by BRS if I’m ever in Santa Monica. Also, those shoes look dope. Glad I returned my Ekidens in favor of these. I’ll likely wear them in Boston unless we get a release of the Alphafly before April 20.

20200125_145657.jpg

20200125_105404.jpg

nice! gotta get myself to drive out to visit BRS one of these days

damn i should have went but santa monica always got me stressed with traffic and parking

20200125_145657.jpg

20200125_105404.jpg

Now, that is DOPE!

Finally stopped being lazy and photographed the Sails from SNS (France).

VaporFly Next% - Sail.png

When I was in Europe during the first half of December, I checked out many sneaker/running shops looking for specifically these. None of them had the Sails. All they had were the Greens and Pinks. I ended up leaving Europe Sail-less :frown:. They would've been a great souvenir. Nonetheless, I'm glad that I finally have them in my possession, and it all worked out. BIG UPs again for the info!

Last edited:
I saw this in the background of a picture of the Pegasus 37. Is this the Zoom Fly 4? If so, does anybody know any details about it (Zoom units, only upper tweak, anything)?

Attachments

• 62B04B9B-F89A-47E4-B6E6-E61FB5F09433.jpeg
    62B04B9B-F89A-47E4-B6E6-E61FB5F09433.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 872
Any good marathon docs/movies (or about running in general) recommendations available on any streaming services available? I want to watch a few after my long run.

Any good marathon docs/movies (or about running in general) recommendations available on any streaming services available? I want to watch a few after my long run.

"The Barkley Marathons: The Race That Eats Its Young"... Always a good one.

Not running but endurance sport related that gets REALLY good and dives into Russian doping is "Icarus"

Cut my long run to 18mi after I got a notification from the NBA about Kobe :frown: . Right after I completed mile 15, I looked at my phone for the time. Then I glanced at it as I was running. I thought to myself, “WTF?! Is this for real?!”. I was pretty relaxed throughout run until that point. I decided to cut it after mile 18 and head home. I’m still in disbelief. I don’t feel like doing ish today now :frown:

Back
Top Bottom