Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

not sure if mentioned but olympic cw of the zoom fly 3s are up along with the pegs

Just got a pair of the Alphas from my local running store. I assumed they wouldn't have them and it didn't occur to me to check until about an hour ago, but am glad I did.

How was everyone’s luck?

I won’t lie. I tried to Lewiup. Only got one pair. Which I’m happy...with. Not trying to spend a grip on a pair of shoes.

I’m bummed to strike out on the AF today. I thought these would be easier to grab since they were at other retailers besides NDC. Hopefully future CWs are attainable.

I’m bummed to strike out on the AF today. I thought these would be easier to grab since they were at other retailers besides NDC. Hopefully future CWs are attainable.

me too, I thought it was going to be easy since even dicks sporting goods had them. After “pending“ on the Nike app for 2 hours they gave me my L”

I had the Eastbay AlphaFly page up and was sitting on it but then stupidly refreshed like 50 seconds before the drop and the page timed out. Then went to the Nike app and got through, carted and went to check out only to find I hadn’t updated my credit card which had expired in April, and then I figured by the time I had that updated I’d be SOL so I gave up. If this was a CW I was really wanting I would’ve lined that up beforehand.

Oh well, I’m going for the Olympic CW next%, that’s what I really want, whenever it drops

These AlphaFly drops have been just stupid. It’s making me not want to buy them. Plus I’m just gonna go ahead and say it, the AlphaFly is a ridiculous looking shoe. I really think I’d only be wearing it in a marathon setting. I’d kinda feel like a tool showing up to my local 5k/5mile or even a decent sized 10k/HM in those things.

I was lucky enough to check out this morning after watching news on this shoe for the last 2 months or so. I didn't get a chance in Feb, didn't receive the text on Jun 2, so it wasn't even sure if I'd try.

I wanted the vaporfly next last year but they didn't make a size 14 in the initial launch.
Whenever I was invited to an NRC event, like the Joyride pre-release/workout last year, I alwways would go and find someone who had to report back to HQ in Oregon & implore that big feet people run too lol

These AlphaFly drops have been just stupid. It’s making me not want to buy them. Plus I’m just gonna go ahead and say it, the AlphaFly is a ridiculous looking shoe. I really think I’d only be wearing it in a marathon setting. I’d kinda feel like a tool showing up to my local 5k/5mile or even a decent sized 10k/HM in those things.

I do agree that the releases haven't been easy (unfortunately they never are for me) but we know the biggest reason for these problems is the pandemic. The Jun 2 release that never happened was right around the time that Nike pushed back everything.

I know I wanted them, yeah they're big, but I'm already pushing 6'3 anyway. IDC what anyone else would think in whatever setting, race or otherwise. I chose these because I wasn't sure about Zoom Flys and could never get my hands on a Vaporfly in my size, esp when COVID took over. Unfortunately, everyone became a runner (or reseller) once the gyms initially closed.

the air zoom tempo flyknit is a gs model

you and DeletedCSaccount DeletedCSaccount needs to correct these ig dudes, yall got the inside info while the rest are just speculations

i mean the “rumors“ posted is something i guessed just from looking at the pic just from comparing it to the tempo next% (so its not hard) and still never would i have guessed its a gs model

yall should get some credits for all these infos

you and DeletedCSaccount DeletedCSaccount needs to correct these ig dudes, yall got the inside info while the rest are just speculations

i mean the “rumors“ posted is something i guessed just from looking at the pic just from comparing it to the tempo next% (so its not hard) and still never would i have guessed its a gs model

yall should get some credits for all these infos

Mate, I'm too busy having to correct Nike themselves...

maybe the pandemic is mostly to blame for this release but it wasn’t in february. i’m done with the alphafly. on to the endorphin pro.

maybe the pandemic is mostly to blame for this release but it wasn’t in february. i’m done with the alphafly. on to the endorphin pro.

This goes to my previous post - Nike is HORRIBLE at releases. The pandemic has nothing to do with it.

This goes to my previous post - Nike is HORRIBLE at releases. The pandemic has nothing to do with it.

man I gotta agree. making these great technical strides for athletes isn’t much use when a drop disintegrates in minutes. that being said, restocks and the Olympic cw are hopefully around the corner. I gotta imagine all that data of people who took the L will help their supply chain meet the demand

They probably already have produced that run. So that release will probably play no part except to gauge sales potential and interest.

But at this point, the VF 4% lineage has performed this way for quite some time.

I think the Olympics and race cancellations are hurting them more. That’s how they generated hype.

production of shoes are planned/manufactured well before the release date so we this drop won't be playing a role in how much will be released in the olympic cw and first couple releases of the tempos. only thing you can hope is that nike already made a big production of those shoes so that it is at least a bit more attainable

like with most hyped drops, the pandemic is making things harder to cop because a lot of people are bored/have bots set up to cop whatever comes out each week. really stupid since a lot of GRs sell out and the resellers are either barely breaking even or making a slight profit of these shoes. even with the AF, after fees there isn't much profit to be made and cant even image there being a big market of buyers for them on the resell side. just my two cents though

They probably already have produced that run. So that release will probably play no part except to gauge sales potential and interest.

But at this point, the VF 4% lineage has performed this way for quite some time.

I think the Olympics and race cancellations are hurting them more. That’s how they generated hype.

yeah im talking about potential interest.

On one hand, folks might use this time to run, get fresh air and exercise during the pandemic. I’d think the Tempo Next would have the higher interest.

On the other hand, most of the hype was from Breaking 2, major marathons, etc.

Blown out pair via IG .. claiming a month of use .. 147km (91.3 miles)

Attachments

• 4D379CBE-9C4E-47A8-A217-334344BA16B3.jpeg
    4D379CBE-9C4E-47A8-A217-334344BA16B3.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 125
  • AB3D3DB2-8BD8-4D54-9B12-C369380EACF9.jpeg
    AB3D3DB2-8BD8-4D54-9B12-C369380EACF9.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 72A24725-D59A-4811-A737-E4F502EF3F56.jpeg
    72A24725-D59A-4811-A737-E4F502EF3F56.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 325
Well one thing unrelated to the pandemic is this... f’ing STOP making my shoes heavier:

Peg36 8.9oz Sz 9 / Peg37 9.6oz Sz 9
ZFFK 8.4oz Size 9/ ZF3 8.9oz Sz 9
Epic React 7.8 oz Sz 9/Infinity React 9.6oz Sz 9
VFNXT 6.6oz Sz 9/AlphaFly 7.4oz Sz 9

Additionally, I live in the Midwest, meaning over the winter it’s f’ing cold. Guess what happens to React foam when it’s frozen - it turns into a brick. Stop jacking all of that extra react foam into my midsoles. They did it to the ZF first, then the Epic React with the Infinity Run, and now the Pegasus.

Back
Top Bottom