Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

my favorite reviewer is still ginger runner even though he is more of a trail runner, he just breaks down the tech and specs well, i just wish he did more shoe reviews these days

Alphas just arrived today. Stack height is definitely not understated, but I feel the urge to go sprint immediately once putting them on. I can't wait in to take them out on an early run tomorrow.

I may pick up the new Jordan Trunner or Peg 37 to give these a little more life.

The cushion is extremely responsive which is great because I have bigger feet. Running in react is great at first, but for me it gets stiff and harder on my feet once it wears down. My epic react 1s are just walk arounds at this point and I'd rather run in Joyrides

This is the 1st zoom x running shoe I've been able to get. I wanted the Vaporfly next (in any color) was hell finding a 14 after the pandemic & Nike's original vaporfly release didn't include my size.

Now vaporfly's on the resell market for 14 was more than these alphas were retail. I still don't see how people can wear these super racing shoes for casual...

Attachments

• 8684107C-476C-4A97-896F-6B2B94B8AD34.jpeg
    8684107C-476C-4A97-896F-6B2B94B8AD34.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 34
  • 52F85CF0-1F41-4465-A30D-0EAE9FD74F74.jpeg
    52F85CF0-1F41-4465-A30D-0EAE9FD74F74.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 214
  • AC6D43E8-4282-4A38-B873-E692EC9F31F2.jpeg
    AC6D43E8-4282-4A38-B873-E692EC9F31F2.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 231
I know he reviewed the Peg 37 and thought he was back on board with Nike; however, I commented on one of his videos asking if he was going to review the Alphafly and he responded that he doesn’t plan to. It’s a little hard to believe he’s ok with Nike now as he was a big fan of the VF and Next%. He’s reviewing every carbon plated shoe on the market but is going to pass on the AF.

that is weird... maybe he doesnt want to pay $275 or knew how difficult it is to get a pair?

he'll probably review it if he can easily get a pair

i’ve enjoyed watching fordy run‘s channel of late for shoe reviews

I've been watching Fordy for a while, but while I enjoy them and like his "everyman" perspective, his reviews can be too superficial, especially compared to kofuzi, Seth, Edd Budd, FOD, Run Testers, etc....even Jami

intricateimages intricateimages How is the sizing? Same as Next%?

Id say the AF are TTS. Just threw on a pair. I felt the Next% was also TTS.

I'd agree with true to size.

As far as feeling, the atomknit is almost like a fuse between the best properties of vaporweave / flyknit. It's light, but flexible and not as tight on your feet as other previous flyknit pairs

There's definitely an energy return in each step. I felt the need to take off as soon as I put them on, but there isn't much of a forward lean as compared to what others have expressed about zoom fly 3s or the Vaporfly next

I gave up on getting a pair of vaporfly next's for a decent price in my size, well, unless those black & whites ever reach the US.

Last edited:
hopefully and id be able to catch it

in the meantime finally got a apair of VFN, always surprises me how light the shoe is, it weighs nothing so i always think the box is empty

:lol:

also, did these come with a shoebag?

909A0593-E741-4D55-BDA7-0F70B1FE338C.jpeg

that toe wrinkle is annoying to look at though

FE11DB04-D6A2-48A3-B3B8-BC2A0DBD8717.jpeg

All of my VFN have come with a white shoe bag. I did see someone unboxing the OC VFN on instagram and he didn’t get a shoe bag either.

hopefully and id be able to catch it

in the meantime finally got a apair of VFN, always surprises me how light the shoe is, it weighs nothing so i always think the box is empty

:lol:

also, did these come with a shoebag?

909A0593-E741-4D55-BDA7-0F70B1FE338C.jpeg

that toe wrinkle is annoying to look at though

FE11DB04-D6A2-48A3-B3B8-BC2A0DBD8717.jpeg

fwiw, this colorway was my 5th pair and this was the first time I didn't have a bag either...

thats weird that it varies or maybe for those that didnt get 'em, the store employee stole em?

either way i guess it couldnt hurt to ask the store

When I ordered my two pairs of valerian blue (sz 11/11.5) from RW, they did not come with bags.

Returned them along with my Peg 37's for NB 1080v10 and Saucony Endorphin Pros. I feel like after 35's/36's/ Turbos 1 and 2 I'm done with Nike for a bit. I am just not loving the ride from React. Was in Hoka Rincons right before this.

Back
Top Bottom