Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Waiting on the Red cw to launch!

via IG
IMG_7703.JPG

I just want their soles as donors though :lol:

I should've pulled the trigger on at least one EM VFN NBY design... SMH :frown:

Last edited:
there isnt even a sign of the blk/wht VFN%s outside of the early access

i think their running line or specifically the plated running shoes just dont have a set release date that “leaks” early on or just kept getting pushed

Aside from the CW difference, can this possibly be the model?

Attachments

• 4FF5F3A6-8073-40CA-AD55-6A919684D275.jpeg
    4FF5F3A6-8073-40CA-AD55-6A919684D275.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 4F3DD44C-45ED-4582-9865-611ABBDD6382.jpeg
    4F3DD44C-45ED-4582-9865-611ABBDD6382.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 94
Disappointed no cool box @ $200

E208D936-7403-4A21-B6A9-C9870451AD47.jpeg

Gonna roll with the grey because of the size
black looks better for sure though

but I do like the mismatch airpods

wore them out real quick for an errand and I understand what the reviews mean about them being loud. I think it has to do with the weight distribution

besides that the shoe is super light imo. Comfortable as well just walking. Nothing crazy or no disappointment as far as just walking around and driving

will take them for a run tonight

wore them out real quick for an errand and I understand what the reviews mean about them being loud. I think it has to do with the weight distribution

besides that the shoe is super light imo. Comfortable as well just walking. Nothing crazy or no disappointment as far as just walking around and driving

Did you go 1/2 size up from your 'regular' size or are the greys your usual size in Nikes?

White box only for the Olympic colorway sadly...

This is the combo I had in my cart the whole day and I didn't pull the trigger. You're right it seems darker but still sick color - I don't recall this color in any ZF/VF release ever so very unique look.

Really wish these came out lighter like the pics.

I’ll test them out and hopefully they work better for me then the VW.

04DE6434-FB5F-45C5-B259-619288345909.jpeg
CB7A32F3-16AB-404B-9DB6-7FFEC8B9AF2C.jpeg

Definitely like the EM and waffle soles over the Original soles and upper.

First run felt good but have a hot spot on my right foot. Hopefully it’s nothing but I do have wide feet. Wanna like these but we’ll see.

Just received the Tempo from Nike. I order my TTS and .5 size up.

Definitely not a no-show-socks friendly. You'll have to wear at least ankle or low cut socks, especially the heel area.

If you like to wear thin/lite and medium thick socks, you can go with your TTS, even for the wide footer.
If you like to wear thick socks, TTS should work too, but it's just really snug, unless you like that kind of fit.
Length wise between TTS and .5 size up is not much a difference, but you can feel the difference on the width, more forgiving.
IMG_2619.jpeg
IMG_2620.jpeg

Like they said, the outsole is loud, at least on my wood floor. This might be the one thing that'll annoy me.
I don't feel the rocker-feeling. It is more like firm, but semi-stable shoes because of that wide fore-foot.
Definitely feel heavy compared to Endorphin Speed. This is probably not an equal comparison.
Hopefully I can try them on running soon.

General running question for you guys with regards to seeing gains...

Should the area of focus be size of stride, cadence or speed? Sure they all go hand in hand but what’s best to really dig down and fine tune things? Maybe the better question would be which should be prioritized for the others to be self fulfilling?

Should the area of focus be size of stride, cadence or speed? Sure they all go hand in hand but what’s best to really dig down and fine tune things? Maybe the better question would be which should be prioritized for the others to be self fulfilling?

What is clipped onto his shoes in the second post?

PO

I personally like to check my cadence after I log my runs. If I'm doing an easy or recovery run, I like to be 170+ spm. If I see a few consecutive easy runs where I'm in the upper 160s, I remind myself to think about a faster cadence the next time out. If I'm doing a moderate run I like to be in the upper 170s, if I reach 180s then that's great. Tempo/MP stuff around 180-185spm. And if I'm doing a leg speed drill, like strides, I like to see a max of 195+. This isn't something I obsess over though, just a stat I check when I'm looking at my data.

I personally like to check my cadence after I log my runs. If I'm doing an easy or recovery run, I like to be 170+ spm. If I see a few consecutive easy runs where I'm in the upper 160s, I remind myself to think about a faster cadence the next time out. If I'm doing a moderate run I like to be in the upper 170s, if I reach 180s then that's great. Tempo/MP stuff around 180-185spm. And if I'm doing a leg speed drill, like strides, I like to see a max of 195+. This isn't something I obsess over though, just a stat I check when I'm looking at my data.
What do you use for run cadence. I run with a Garmin 245 music which tracks cadence but I’m not sure how accurate it is.

I use a Garmin Running Dymanics pod. Clips onto the back of your shorts and gives you cadence, vertical oscillation, ground contact time, ground contact time balance (left vs. right). It also has an accelerometer which attempts to track distance when you're running on the treadmill, but it's only kind of accurate when I'm running easy, it's way off when I'm doing a workout.

I've thought about trying Stryd but I use more of a HR based philosophy, haven't given power based training much thought

Back
Top Bottom