Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Had to get some miles in for the homie DMX. RIP
4EE44416-BE31-4BE7-80EF-5F9179305647.jpeg

illustrayt illustrayt Isn't Vaporflyers a UK based user? So that news is for UK peeps. We in the states can keep wishing and waiting.

I’m hoping the US gets it too. I’m thinking that we will. I don’t recall any Gyakusou releases NOT making it to the US.

I’m already brainstorming ideas for the swap. I’m thinking the Red Vapor Streets are the favorite followed by the “Gucci” Free Flyknit 3.0.

Objective comparison of some plated shoes (including Vaporfly v1 and Alphafly) with lots of data and metrics (durometer, bounciness, pronation, footstrike, etc). Less "subjecive feelings" like in most reviews.

The idea here is not to go after the overall best, but try and determine which one works best for each type of runner and distance.

1E0D07F1-25BE-4539-9377-A07AFAD3D0F3.png

1D375C60-1742-440D-8B60-CDD06677AA40.jpeg

50 miles in, still a stellar shoe. The longest run was an eight miler which felt good throughout. The first week I wore them every day to work outside of running for extra break in. Temperatures have been up and down here in NC, so I’m interested in how hot these will get. Also interested in seeing if these how/if/when the ZoomX will bottom out.

Between 40-50 miles I did notice this fraying that @LiverpoolFan307 mentioned he had. I can’t place whether it happened during running or casual wear. I don’t think my feet rub/brush against each other when I run as I haven’t noticed that on other shoes.

If an all white pair for men drops without the mango heel, I’ll definitely swap these for those.
Your strides that close that they rub?

1618152754125.gif

Found the INVCs at the Clearance Store for $80.

I remember in 2019, they started to charge the latest releases at retail for months before they got marked down. It seems like prices of even the latest releases corresponds to/reflects the store’s name again!

3FEC22FB-D90B-4D5B-A696-3196E0797B5E.jpeg

Since the sole is actually a Grey/Platinum and NOT white, this may be the plan:
Jordan 89 Racer X Invincible - Black Cement.png

I'll be speckling them up, of course!

Last edited:
Found the INVCs at the Clearance Store for $80.

I remember in 2019, they started to charge the latest releases at retail for months before they got marked down. It seems like prices of even the latest releases corresponds/reflects the store’s name!

3FEC22FB-D90B-4D5B-A696-3196E0797B5E.jpeg

Since the sole is actually a Grey/Platinum and NOT white, this may be the plan:
Jordan 89 Racer X Invincible - Black Cement.png

I'll be speckling them up, of course!
I miss being able to swing by San Ignacio when I came down past there for work! Now that I moved, I have no clearance stores! Such great running shoe deals...

I agree with most of their review, but heavily disagree with the notion that it should be used for 10 minute miles or slower only.The Invincible feels great all the way up to marathon pace for me (7:30 mile). Any faster and you notice the weight but it can certainly cruise at faster than recovery paces

He's back in Vaporflys?

I still can't wait for this colorway. It's the only one I want. I hope he doesn't wear them in the marathon. It'll convert all the lipstick comments into purchase flexes and I'll be battling to get a pair.

Last edited:
He's back in Vaporflys?

I still can't wait for this colorway. It's the only one I want. I hope he doesn't wear them in the marathon. It'll convert all the lipstick comments into purchase flexes and I'll be battling to get a pair.
I think there were images of Kipchoge wearing the VF Next in the days leading up to Ineos and last fall’s London Marathon. My guess is he’ll race in the AF.

These Streakflys do not look like protos anymore, the right one seems to be an Ekiden colorway. Do we have an updated release timeline? Seems unlikely to me that they'll wait until Fall to drop a shoe with a colorway (Ekiden) that was promoted in January/February

Also do we know if they'll have a full carbon plate or fore-foot only?

Back
Top Bottom