Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Screenshot_20211020-084857.png

Too bad I have a right knee injury and can't use these. Going to return them.

Woah, late to the party. What color way is this??? 😍

Just keep them until you’ve recovered. Those are nice! Plus, it took MONTHS for them to get delivered.
I’d keep them and wait for the injury to heal! They look too good to send back

I had a day at work to think about and you guys are right. It took too long to make to just return back.

Woah, late to the party. What color way is this??? 😍

It's the Nike By You customs. There is another run of them right now.

The turnaround on the NBY VFN2 seems much quicker now. I ordered on 10/15, got the "starting" email on 10/17, and got the "finishing up" email on 10/20. Knock on wood that there won't be a giant delay between the finished email and shipping.

The turnaround on the NBY VFN2 seems much quicker now. I ordered on 10/15, got the "starting" email on 10/17, and got the "finishing up" email on 10/20. Knock on wood that there won't be a giant delay between the finished email and shipping.

You may end up getting your pair from the 2nd round before I get my pair from the first!

I was excited that they finally came but the colors are a bit disappointing from what was shown on screen. The gold is pretty much a dirty yellow, melon is way more orange IRL, and the midsole I thought was supposed to be all white but has a vintage white and actual white split. Considering returning as well.

15AAE364-2731-47D9-A823-23431D4AA62B.jpeg

CC001FF1-84C6-42BA-90D1-E14345DBD79C.jpeg

Aww man! I was expecting the topline and midsole to be the same color. I’m more excited about the Flyknit uppered ones now.

After trying both versions on, I DEFINITELY prefer the Flyknit version. It feels significantly better to me.

Sizing-wise, I feel like I have to go +1/2 for the EM upper, but TTS feels perfect for the Flyknit option.

He did an unboxing and initial review after trying them on in his IG stories last week. He compared the weight with the standard AF and the Nature version are slightly heavier; however, he thought the upper on the Nature version was more comfortable.

These impressions were all based on try on feel as he didn’t want to take them out for a run prior to the London Marathon.

Pro direct really takes care of him. They’ve sent him several pairs of AF, VF, and other Nike trainers.

Hey! So the review is out. Agree, did not want to risk them before the London Marathon. I can’t say I felt the weight even though they are over 60g heavier altogether. The upper is the one for me. Way better than Atomknit. As I said, I would love this an option on the version 2

Playoff
14CCBD34-E926-47F7-9740-5C70AE2FD2DD.jpeg

I wish the bottom half of the midsole was white white not sail.
Nike suggests when customizing that both parts should have the same white. With the front stripe being white too, yours look really ok. With other stripe colors the white topline looks awkward. They really should have offered the option of a non-colored topline, so midsole all sail (or true white).

I’m leaning toward returning my EM uppered designs and just opting for Flyknit designs instead. Maybe it’s because I was a HUGE fan of the VF2 / Zoom Fly 2 / Vapor Street uppers lol

I also want to opt for Solid Graphic Swooshes this time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom