Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I just noticed this:
760ACEFF-04BD-47DC-8330-9A143A6512B3.jpeg

Both are the same size, but the Flyknit upper version is longer than the EM, which could explain I’m not a big fan of the EM. The EM did feel more constricting and uncomfortable.

I just noticed this:
760ACEFF-04BD-47DC-8330-9A143A6512B3.jpeg

Both are the same size, but the Flyknit upper version is longer than the EM, which could explain I’m not a big fan of the EM. The EM did feel more constricting and uncomfortable.

I wonder if that's just a QC issue vs an actual difference between the two upper variations.

I wonder if that's just a QC issue vs an actual difference between the two upper variations.

I'll be returning my EM designs for sure now, and I'm not sure if I want to give them a second chance by ordering them again a 1/2 size up. The Flyknits are the better upper for me though. It's bittersweet that there are only a few Flyknit upper colors lol

All are the same size:

19B10FF8-A6CD-43D3-92FD-A7E13C5CEA9D.jpeg

D073DFE1-2DD9-46D8-80AC-149C3D23CFE7.jpeg

13139F48-5C81-41BD-B2F8-E92672A38A4A.jpeg

Maybe I’m just getting the wrong size for the EM version lol

FWIW, the GR Hayward cw feels better than the EM NBYs.

Last edited:
So many kicks i figure they are all yours LOL. My Bad.

Toggle laces - Yay or Nay?

:emoji_laughing:

Definitely an upgrade for me! I haven’t tried the Nike ones, but I converted most of my performance and modern runners with them. They made it easier for me just slip them on and tighten as needed.

Last edited:
After trying both versions on, I DEFINITELY prefer the Flyknit version. It feels significantly better to me.

Sizing-wise, I feel like I have to go +1/2 for the EM upper, but TTS feels perfect for the Flyknit option.

I reached the same +/- 1/2 size conclusion between Flyknit and Vaporweave in the previous gen. Good to know I'm not crazy.

Personally prefer the weave to the FK on these pairs though

Picked up the Invincibles on sale for $103 from JR and finally took em out today -- wanting them to be my easy day shoes (Boston 10's & Rebel V2 my other rotations). Pleasantly surprised at how easy the ride is at 7:30 pace for 4 miles then still felt great when I pushed it up to 7:00 for final mile. Will be stocking up on these when I see them on sale.
IMG_1021.JPG

Picked up the Invincibles on sale for $103 from JR and finally took em out today -- wanting them to be my easy day shoes (Boston 10's & Rebel V2 my other rotations). Pleasantly surprised at how easy the ride is at 7:30 pace for 4 miles then still felt great when I pushed it up to 7:00 for final mile. Will be stocking up on these when I see them on sale.
IMG_1021.JPG
Good price on the Invincible. Doesn’t look like they’re still available at that price. Hopefully we can find these <$100 as we get closer to the V2 release.

I managed to run down the rubber on the outsole so much on the invincible after 150 miles u can see the zoomx through it already. Debating if I'm wasting my money sending it back through warranty for them to say it was wear & tear.

I managed to run down the rubber on the outsole so much on the invincible after 150 miles u can see the zoomx through it already. Debating if I'm wasting my money sending it back through warranty for them to say it was wear & tear.
I did the same and they said to kick rocks to me. But mine was also at 300 miles…

IMG_1021.JPG
How are your legs whiter then the shoes?!?

I supinate and wore through to the ZoomX in my left shoe. I’ve continued to wear them for at least 100 more miles and they’ve held up well. There has been some deterioration but it hasn’t been too bad.

I have a new pair of Invincibles that I tried to rotate in with the used pair and the actually like the used pair more as the ZoomX feels a little more responsive with added mileage.

Back
Top Bottom