Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

18299402_128309274385168_1749644873230712832_n.jpg

Missing it by :24 seconds damn...

Maybe if he had some Boost he woudda made it. :lol:

Totally joking.

[emoji]128584[/emoji]

Last edited:
I had my friends over, and we were watching this along with other stuff on TV... it is very hard to explain to a non-runner how difficult it is to try to average 4:34/mi. That **** only gets me 1/2 a mile or a little more at 4:34.

Just have them run as fast as they can for a tenth of a mile, and see how close that pace is to a 4:34 mile. It's madness.

I am extremely impressed with the entire process that Nike went through for the whole Breaking 2 event. The production was well done. The explanation of the entire process was incredible to watch.

My only critique of the attempt to break 2 hours is that they should have done negative splits as opposed to an even pace the the whole time. The science is one thing, but the numbers don't lie.

Just have them run as fast as they can for a tenth of a mile, and see how close that pace is to a 4:34 mile. It's madness.

Seriously... that **** looked like a jog for Eliud, too.

I am extremely impressed with the entire process that Nike went through for the whole Breaking 2 event. The production was well done. The explanation of the entire process was incredible to watch.

My only critique of the attempt to break 2 hours is that they should have done negative splits as opposed to an even pace the the whole time. The science is one thing, but the numbers don't lie.

It's also sucks that it can't be counted as an official record for the fastest marathon, but to have the fastest PR right there? Still really impressive

Would've been extremely hard to negative split. Compared to how he ran it. Let's relax

Last edited:
Would've been extremely hard to negative split. Compared to how he ran it. Let's relax
Meaning the second half being run faster than the first half, in any capacity. At one point, he was 6 seconds under. The pace was faster than what was already calculated, exerting more energy than needed.

Last edited:
Meaning the second half being run faster than the first half, in any capacity. At one point, he was 6 seconds under. The pace was faster than what was already calculated, exerting more energy than needed.

I know what you mean. It would've been extremely difficult.
[emoji]128514[/emoji]

But hey man what do I know

Agree to disagree

[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Agree to disagree
It's a very interesting topic! So you agree with Nike's method of the 4:34/mi pace? Would you have tried something differently? 

It's a very interesting topic! So you agree with Nike's method of the 4:34/mi pace? Would you have tried something differently? 

I would've said, "**** this ****," knock one of the guys off the bike after the first lap and just bike the remaining 16 laps.

with three runners, they could have tried it both ways but I do think the pacers helped a lot too and if they would have gone on their own, there's a chance they'd do worse

[emoji]128514[/emoji]

Agree to disagree

In theory... I did like the even splits. I can agree with that.

I checked out the breakdown of the race by lap

I think maybe starting him out a tad faster (well he was going faster anyway besides lap 1) might've dropped a couple seconds. But Not enough to go under 2 hours

But I think he is mentally strong enough to maintain a tougher pace for laps 1-3 then taper back down to the normal 2 hour pace until he starts to steadily drop off

Assuming every race would be this format

I really don't think there's anything that could've got him under two hours. Besides maybe it being a real race or atleast one other person that's not a pacemaker with him

Nike vs adidas under 2 marathon, make this happen [emoji]128514[/emoji]

But I definitely don't think starting him out slower then trying to speed up would be a good idea.

Physically that just doesn't make for the best time. When your trying to go under two or right at two

Last edited:
any word on release date, Nike zoom vaporfly 4% plan on buying if we cant get elite...,

^ I was thinking during the run like man what if he prefers a different shoe and doesn't even like these [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I doubt if considering every mm of the shoe was customized for them and anything and everything they do not like from it probably got removed

damn, looks like I'm going to have to wait for it to go on sale

really curious about that cf plate though, is this the first time nike is using it on a cushioned shoe for the general public?

I am not 100% sure but they probably use that on their racing flats(?)

$275 is up there though. That extra $25 dollars makes a big difference for me buying them retail. I feel for that price they should have went with a more durable upper. Maybe flyweave, flyknit, or jacquard.

$275 is up there though. That extra $25 dollars makes a big difference for me buying them retail. I feel for that price they should have went with a more durable upper. Maybe flyweave, flyknit, or jacquard.

I'm pretty sure that retail for the Vaporfly 4% will be $250. This has been reported by multiple sources.

Back
Top Bottom