Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Let’s goooo

1878E05F-62B9-4CA3-89E1-BC37F30A5EE2.jpeg
Wait holdup how did you get $50 off?

Caved and scooped the Ekiden Vaporflys from NDC and Violet Alphaflys from Eastbay. The discos were too good to pass up.

Last edited:
PXL_20220714_195127261.jpg

Just got the Zoom Fly 5 in and I have some first impressions. Haven't run in them at all but intitial try-on was interesting so I thought I'd share my thoughts:

From what every reviewer has said I was worried about step-in comfort and it being a brick but it really isn't. It feels like ZoomX in the midsole. Obviously it's not as soft as the Invincible but it can't be. I think it does have the distinct feeling of ZoomX. When I push my forefoot down I feel the softness of the ZoomX scraps. I have a pair of the Alphafly Next Nature and I like them and it feels comparable. The ZF model with the most similar upper is the ZF1. It reminds me of that upper although they are different.

I'll say that I have enjoyed every zoom fly model I have tried. i've tried every model except the 4 and the flyknit is my favorite version. Also I don't currently have the invincible in my rotation because I phased it out and I am waiting on a sale to grab a new one or maybe the new one if the zoom fly 5 doesn't work out - maybe it's because I don't have the massive zoomx feeling in my rotation that I think that the ZF5 feels soft. Excited to try it out and will share more of my thoughts if anybody's interested.

Last edited:
ZF5 is live on the Nike app in the US. I was about to order and Nike gave me 10% off since I ran more than 10 miles in June through the NRC app.

610E1D33-E892-4805-8A4C-3BC76E9CB0A1.png

beat me to it. ill prob end up waiting a bit since ill be up in oregon in a few weeks so hopefully some more better CW and can save on cali tax

seems like they timed it to release by worlds which starts today

I honestly don't understand the love affair people have with the zoom fly line and especially the anticipation of this newest model. From the first leak it has always looked clunky as hell. And funny that Ben (the English Ben, not the other one that won't be mentioned here) said he felt the Invincible's were more responsive.

I honestly don't understand the love affair people have with the zoom fly line and especially the anticipation of this newest model. From the first leak it has always looked clunky as hell. And funny that Ben (the English Ben, not the other one that won't be mentioned here) said he felt the Invincible's were more responsive.

i blame how great the VF/AF for how great the zoomx feels that everyone suddenly thinks that if there’s zoomx being used, then it’s gotta be a great shoe.

it’s like people disregard everything else about the shoe and also with zoomx being more widely available now, seems like i see so many people saying react feels like bricks/offers no energy return when in reality, react is still a pretty good daily midsole foam

we’re just living in a time where runners are spoiled and if a shoes isn’t plush, light and bouncy all in one, then the shoe becomes a fail

i blame how great the VF/AF for how great the zoomx feels that everyone suddenly thinks that if there’s zoomx being used, then it’s gotta be a great shoe.

it’s like people disregard everything else about the shoe and also with zoomx being more widely available now, seems like i see so many people saying react feels like bricks/offers no energy return when in reality, react is still a pretty good daily midsole foam

we’re just living in a time where runners are spoiled and if a shoes isn’t plush, light and bouncy all in one, then the shoe becomes a fail
Agreed.

Last edited:
Thought I’d offer my 10cents on ZF5. Taken them out for an easy 10km run, around 4:45 pace nothing too quick. I honestly don’t feel they’re as brick like as early reviewers have said, yes heavier, but overbearing? Definitely not. I was worried about the heel slip in area being too fabric-like rather than the sock of AF1/VF, it was fine by me. They’re not as soft as invincible but it comes down to preference, I find invincibles too soft (I suppose similar to how I dislike super cushioned beds haha). They had enough cushioning for me to enjoy the run, they felt good picking up pace, and as per usual any “fast” show they felt odd going slow on my warm down jog home, but I expected that. I hate wearing in shoes so I’m curious how my 10km tomorrow morning feels. I loved the ZF3 tbh, they’re not the same as those. But for a fast-ish show for tempo work, if it is a tad heavier then that is what I’d want. So the lighter shoes feel like nothing during comps.

Back
Top Bottom