Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

This clown!

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

YTers like Seth or Heskick, their review are from life-style perspective.
I haven't seen any review other than our boy "B". Pursuing26.2 seems like it and he's pretty picky. I'd expect bad review from Fordy lol.

Notre has this CW for $200 after 20% off discount (EXTRA20)

02863242-89E6-4B14-9BA3-FA8C6432E809.jpeg

Er, it’s now $135 after discount (link above) but limited sizing

965BAC56-1F48-4A27-804C-2C1ADD6FEA71.jpeg

Can't give a full review b/c I need to put some more miles in first.

But after wearing them the last few days and running in them a bit, I'd say they're a nice upgrade from the prev. model.

It's the same as what's already been said. The heel is a bit narrower in a good way. Good lockdown feel. Solid cushioning underfoot. A bit wider than the prev. model, which helps make it more stable. I'd say the upper is more akin to v1 than v2. It's less restrictive, which works for me b/c I plan to grab a pair for casual wear.

Can't give a full review b/c I need to put some more miles in first.

But after wearing them the last few days and running in them a bit, I'd say they're a nice upgrade from the prev. model.

It's the same as what's already been said. The heel is a bit narrower in a good way. Good lockdown feel. Solid cushioning underfoot. A bit wider than the prev. model, which helps make it more stable. I'd say the upper is more akin to v1 than v2. It's less restrictive, which works for me b/c I plan to grab a pair for casual wear.

Thanks for the initial thoughts! Sorry if this is already part of your post, but does the midfoot and toebox feel same, wider, or narrower than v1 (I never tried the v2)?

Thanks for the initial thoughts! Sorry if this is already part of your post, but does the midfoot and toebox feel same, wider, or narrower than v1 (I never tried the v2)?

The toebox feels a lot like v1, which I prefer over v2. I can wiggle my toes lol. which sounds silly but the 2 was less forgiving in that aspect imo.

The midfoot feels slightly wider. It feels as stable as v2 and more stable than v1.

I enjoy the look of these, too. They're still an acquired taste. But it looks like a step towards something that could be worn casually.

Most of the reviews I have seen of Invincible 3 have been negative. Of course Nike affiliate influencers are hyping these. The shoe is heavier (30g) than versions 1-2. Many people are experiencing some very serious heel slipping. The shoe is more stable but less exciting.

I don't consider myself an influencer lol. I'll cop to being a NTer, media member, the most casual runner and a fan of the model overall.

All three Invincible models are heavy compared to the other models I use for actual running (Epic React 2, Infinity 1 + 2).

Comfort/cushioning is a bigger factor than weight when considering my needs for this model. Strictly personal preference there. Like, I usually opt for it on days when my legs are tired or sore.

Everyone's foot is different, but the heel feels narrower/fits closer than 1 + 2 for me.

Granted, I've only run in them 3x so far and some casual wear for short periods (approximately 5 hrs total).

Just sharing my experience.

Casually, I’m a fan of the INVC 1 and 2s. Performance-wise, I felt those were too mushy for me. I’m a HUGE Nike fan, but I’ve got to admit that the other brands’ offerings in this max cushion genre are better for me.

The other “max” shoes that stand out for me are ASICS’ NovaBlast 3 and SuperBlast. These two feel so much better than the INVC 1 and 2s. The NovaBlast 3s are just an absolute PLEASURE to run in.

I don’t really rave about many shoes, but the ASICS’ NovaBlast 3 and Metaspeed Sky (have yet to run on the Sky+) are really giving Nike some serious competition in their respective running genres/purposes.

Is it possible to have shoes that have too much cushion, even for casual wear? I really like my zoom all out flyknits, but if I wear them for an all day walking event like Disney, I almost feel like the bounciness of makes my legs even more tired than if I worse something with minimal cushioning.

Besides the NXT 2 (and possibly 3) and AF2, is there another solid Nike runner?

It just seems like in the pursuit of various run options and the competition catching up, Nike Running doesn’t lead the market anymore.

I love they invincible 1s for tempo runs. Not a shoe for blistering times.

So was excited about the 3s. Lost some of the casual appeal for me tho since they were kind of squeaky

Besides the NXT 2 (and possibly 3) and AF2, is there another solid Nike runner?

It just seems like in the pursuit of various run options and the competition catching up, Nike Running doesn’t lead the market anymore.

I feel that Nike still leads the racing category with the VF and AF series. But, for other purposes, the other brands like Saucony and ASICS have overtaken Nike.

I feel that Nike still leads the racing category with the VF and AF series. But, for other purposes, the other brands like Saucony and ASICS have overtaken Nike.
I have had the VF 4%, VF 2, NXT, NXT2, a pair of AF1 (haven’t bothered with the 2). They’re all great shoes.

I loved the ER 1 and 2. The Peg Turbos were decent. The first two ZFs were good. Regular Pegs before they began blending the platforms with react, zf, knit, mesh, etc.

I’m not a huge runner but I’d imagine NB, ASICS, Saucony, Adidas, etc are definitely competitive today. I just don’t run enough to justify buying more than a few runners every year. But the NB3 and SB are decent options as stated above especially if you get a discount. I’ve tried the Invincible and Infinities and not a fan.

^^^That is a fun shoe. I ran in it twice. I returned them but definitely a zippy, fun shoe.

Definitely worth buying on disco.

Other than the VF and AF, the Zoom Fly Flyknit aka Zoom Fly 2s are still better than what Nike has out currently. That formula of the React sole with the full CF plate under the one piece Flyknit upper is perfect to me!

Anyhow… conditioning myself back to running shape in the VFN2 Flyknit NBYs for the last run of the month.

7C117D0A-508B-4C63-A8EB-4EC7B1706E7E.jpeg

I never thought I could manage this type of pace wearing triple layers (Gen 1 Hyperwarm 1/4 Zip, long sleeve Pro Combat and a Pro Combat tank)! I’d be easily irritated if I did this three years ago lol

I don't consider myself an influencer lol. I'll cop to being a NTer, media member, the most casual runner and a fan of the model overall.

All three Invincible models are heavy compared to the other models I use for actual running (Epic React 2, Infinity 1 + 2).

Comfort/cushioning is a bigger factor than weight when considering my needs for this model. Strictly personal preference there. Like, I usually opt for it on days when my legs are tired or sore.

Everyone's foot is different, but the heel feels narrower/fits closer than 1 + 2 for me.

Granted, I've only run in them 3x so far and some casual wear for short periods (approximately 5 hrs total).

Just sharing my experience.
I didn't mean you. :wink: Instagram is full of "influencers" like Ben Johnson saying the shoe is the best thing since sliced bread when "normal runners" are sending their Inv3 back because of the heel slipping. They will probably have an upper update with a better heel lock down (for Inv4) so they can sell more shoes. I will probably buy that white/white colorway with a birthday discount even after reading bad reviews.

Back
Top Bottom