Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Came up on a VVVNDS pair of Ekiden 4%'s on ebay for $80 shipped :pimp::pimp::pimp:

Seller didn't know what he had and put a zoom fly insole on top of the actual Ekiden insole, but then used the SKU from the ZF insole to list the shoes

threw em in the wash and now theyre good to go, these things are springy as **** !! wow
IMG-4361.JPG

The estimated date is 9/16 for the VF. This is my first Nike By You purchase. Is it common to receive them early or should I expect it to be close to the estimated date?

Seems to be far FASTER than the 6 weeks they originally state. I ordered mine around 2 AM last Tuesday (July 30th), and I just received the finishing touches email tonight. I expect them to ship later this week. Originally my "estimated" date was Sept. 10th.

It’s taken a little while since at most I use the next% two days per week, but I’ve finally gotten around to putting over 200 miles on the shoe. Still love the upper and think it is by far the best out of the three (I really hope we won’t see another flyknit upper on this shoe line in the future, but I’m not holding my breath since Nike seems reluctant to let flyknit die (and also flywire, but i’ll save my dislike of that tech for another time). As far as the outsole is concerned— traction is still good, but I never had any issues with that in previous models (my issue was with the fk upper when it came to stability). It does seem like the rubber compound may wear down slightly faster, though. However, I can’t say for sure if this is just optics or is actually the case since I don’t know the differences between the two (and if there actually are any other than the glossy appearance). Could also just be based on how the rubber comes into contact with the ground given the difference in geometry between this and prior versions. I will say though that at first I didn’t have the same reaction as some others with respect to the outsole – I didn’t really “feel” any extra foam in the forefoot and was wondering what % of that extra foam was allocated to making the forefoot wider vs. going directly underfoot. I also wondered whether people were just feeling like they had extra foam there because of the reduced stack height. However, my opinion here has completely changed at 200 miles – with the previous versions I could 100% feel the forefoot start to bottom out near the end of my long runs as I got closer to 200 miles. And it was really noticeable when I was walking around right after the run finished. But after today’s workout I didn’t have that sensation at all. Maybe it’s the extra zoomx. Maybe it’s a slight change in the zoomx compound. Either way, I’m a fan.

It’s taken a little while since at most I use the next% two days per week, but I’ve finally gotten around to putting over 200 miles on the shoe. Still love the upper and think it is by far the best out of the three (I really hope we won’t see another flyknit upper on this shoe line in the future, but I’m not holding my breath since Nike seems reluctant to let flyknit die (and also flywire, but i’ll save my dislike of that tech for another time). As far as the outsole is concerned— traction is still good, but I never had any issues with that in previous models (my issue was with the fk upper when it came to stability). It does seem like the rubber compound may wear down slightly faster, though. However, I can’t say for sure if this is just optics or is actually the case since I don’t know the differences between the two (and if there actually are any other than the glossy appearance). Could also just be based on how the rubber comes into contact with the ground given the difference in geometry between this and prior versions. I will say though that at first I didn’t have the same reaction as some others with respect to the outsole – I didn’t really “feel” any extra foam in the forefoot and was wondering what % of that extra foam was allocated to making the forefoot wider vs. going directly underfoot. I also wondered whether people were just feeling like they had extra foam there because of the reduced stack height. However, my opinion here has completely changed at 200 miles – with the previous versions I could 100% feel the forefoot start to bottom out near the end of my long runs as I got closer to 200 miles. And it was really noticeable when I was walking around right after the run finished. But after today’s workout I didn’t have that sensation at all. Maybe it’s the extra zoomx. Maybe it’s a slight change in the zoomx compound. Either way, I’m a fan.

I definitely think that there has been a change in the zoomx compound. The zoomX from gen1 4% is definitely not the same zoomX in the Next%.

The density of the foam is noticeably different.

I definitely think that there has been a change in the zoomx compound. The zoomX from gen1 4% is definitely not the same zoomX in the Next%.

The density of the foam is noticeably different.

I just ran in a pair of the V1 VF this morning and I agree that there seems to be a difference in the feel. Not sure if this is a change in the ZoomX itself or just having more of it in the Next%.

supposedly, the "%" went up above 4% but not high enough to call it 5% and it in between and that is why its called Next% instead

thats how nikes marketing it and it looks like you guys feel the difference

Seems to me the ZoomX composition is unchanged whereas the encasement (paint) is more resistant to compression = firmer ride

Not sure why I forgot about this yesterday but here was an interesting bit from an interview Chris Cook did on the next% a while back. not and exact word for word transcription:

"It’s the same foam. A lot of the way a shoe feels will come down to the design of what they call the preform. So these shoes are made by a process called compression molding where you start with a piece of foam that is bigger than what the final shoe is going to be like and then under heat and pressure they squash it down into what is going to be the final shape. And then there’s a cooling step to kind of set it and then you take it out of the mold. And so you can imagine that depending on the design of that preform, if you make that bigger and then squash it down more you going to get something a little firmer. And so that’s something we definitely tinker with as we’re developing the shoe. like what’s the optimal preform shape design that’s going to give us the exact right feel for the shoe."

I remember having an aha moment when I first heard this since I thought variably (likely unintentional) in the preform might explain why I felt some variability in how both the turbo and vaporfly (comparing fk to fk version or v1 to v1) felt underfoot when walking (I could notice it a little when at the upper end of my easy run range, but as I start to pick up the pace I didn't really notice it anymore). I'm not expert though, so I could be way off base here. This could also have something to do with the difference in how the next% feels. Will be interested to see if the feel is more consistent across pairs of next%s.

Next% By You shipped

Nice! That was quick. I’ve got an order being processed for a pair with the OG upper and a pair for my wife with the flyknit upper. I got the notification a few days ago that they’re currently in the “making” stage. Hopefully it won’t be long before they ship.

Nice! That was quick. I’ve got an order being processed for a pair with the OG upper and a pair for my wife with the flyknit upper. I got the notification a few days ago that they’re currently in the “making” stage. Hopefully it won’t be long before they ship.
Ordered 7/29 — UPS says it’s scheduled for delivery (ATL) tomorrow

95D2703E-40F6-4399-A79B-D628C83B512C.jpeg

Nice. Let us know how the OG upper model feel with the Next midsole.

I ordered a pair with Flyknit and may also place an order for one with the OG upper. I ordered on Monday. Hopefully I get a making notification soon.

I’ve been looking for a pair of black laces for the Next% Flyknit

E988F62F-A65F-43C0-9FC4-C2CC3FFD76A6.jpeg

And I found these from Merrell that look similar to the VF laces

E13D7F84-25ED-46CA-9238-4E8671ED53B3.jpeg

They’re $8 and come in 42” and 46” lengths and are 1/4 inch wide

My 4%FK (M10.5) laces are 47” long and are 3/16 inch wide

Anyways, I remember someone asking about laces ages ago

this would be my perfect combo! what size did you get. I sized up the NEXT, went for a run in TTS and they made me bleed

this would be my perfect combo! what size did you get. I sized up the NEXT, went for a run in TTS and they made me bleed

I went TTS. The vaporweave Next% was perfect for me at TTS. But I’ll preface that with the fact that I always go TTS at 10.5

Back
Top Bottom