Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Look good.

1590778328953.jpeg

Most likely. Even when Nike press releases claim worldwide they end up never meaning worldwide lol
Yeahhhhh. Local running shop I talked to though says that they're getting pretty decent stock on July 3rd though. Here's hoping I can score a pair.

Even though there are no races this year, I still really want to try these shoes very badly haha

Waiting for a better AlphaFly cw... :nerd:

Im on contrary, I believe the initial release colorway is :emoji_fire: especially if you're green lantern's fan lol. Also, we never got black upper colorway since VF initial release. If Im a serious runner, I'd definitely cop.

How many miles can one get from the Alpha Flys? Is it like 100-200? If so, I think I'll try the Zoom Types instead because I don't have any racing plans these days.

some are saying a good 300-400 for the AF from what ive seen from reviewers, or at leadt what they predict, probably if you’re a forefoot striker and a lot less if you heelstrike

zoom types isnt a running shoe, it has a plate but not meant for running from what i understand, you might be better of waiting for the tempos

How many miles can one get from the Alpha Flys? Is it like 100-200? If so, I think I'll try the Zoom Types instead because I don't have any racing plans these days.

I forefoot strike and get a LOT more out of vaporflys dating back to the first versions. I use them outdoors for neighborhood, hilly running, and have gotten 1250-1500 miles out of each pair before they no longer feel responsive to me. at some point they just die, and feel totally flat. I average 8 min miles.

it seems as if for marathon use they have more finite lives, I'm not informed enough to weigh in on that. just a casual runner, 30-50 miles a week

I forefoot strike and get a LOT more out of vaporflys dating back to the first versions. I use them outdoors for neighborhood, hilly running, and have gotten 1250-1500 miles out of each pair before they no longer feel responsive to me. at some point they just die, and feel totally flat. I average 8 min miles.

it seems as if for marathon use they have more finite lives, I'm not informed enough to weigh in on that. just a casual runner, 30-50 miles a week
You run in them more than once a week?

I’m thinking about grabbing a pair on 6/2 and use them for training. If they work well for me, I’ll grab another pair in July and save them for races.

You run in them more than once a week?

yeah it’s all I run in. I know that’s not what they are for but I’ve dumbed my life down to finding a model that works for me and keeps me healthy and keeps me pressing and this has worked.

yeah it’s all I run in. I know that’s not what they are for but I’ve dumbed my life down to finding a model that works for me and keeps me healthy and keeps me pressing and this has worked.
Interesting 🤔. I’ve been wondering if there would be any issues (physical) if you were run in the % everyday. I wondered what affect it would have when you switch and train in a normal shoe etc.

i think the body will simply adapt to it if you stay with it

your body will resist it and things will be sore and hurt but thats because its gon activate muscles you havent used

of course you got to know your limits but if your hips or hamstring or knee hurts its because you got some weak points and to improve you got to work those out and strengthen them

i mean elite athletes do train and run in them all the time and while we arent kipchoges, i cant see why we cant adapt to the same shoes albeit at a much slower pace

thats how i see it

Exclusively running in shoes with carbon-fiber plates could inhibit both dorsiflexion of the big toe and the windlass mechanism

Back
Top Bottom