Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Off-White Tempo Next% in pink

off-white-nike-zoom-tempo-next-percent-purple-pink-11.jpg
off-white-nike-zoom-tempo-next-percent-purple-pink-4.jpg
off-white-nike-zoom-tempo-next-percent-purple-pink-10.jpg
off-white-nike-zoom-tempo-next-percent-purple-pink-2.jpg
off-white-nike-zoom-tempo-next-percent-purple-pink-5.jpg
Better than I had hoped. Is there a third colorway?

Looks ls like they're actually Tempos and not AFs...
IMG_1739.PNG

Here's the third one...
Off-White-Nike-Air-Zoom-Tempo-NEXT-White-Solar-Red-Release-Date.jpg

The Purple/Pink cw is easily my favorite. I love how they have that MC FKR knit on them PLUS the Black tongue!

I haven't run enough (racing and training) in the VF or the AFs to make a decision but I've noticed that some elites (like Joshua Cheptegei and others during the 2020 World Half Marathon Championships) were doing training runs in the AF and ran in the VF when it came down to race day. Maybe it's just not enough time to get used to a new shoe but it might possibly be something else I'm not thinking of?

What are y'alls opinion on racing / running in the VF vs the AF?

I haven't run enough (racing and training) in the VF or the AFs to make a decision but I've noticed that some elites (like Joshua Cheptegei and others during the 2020 World Half Marathon Championships) were doing training runs in the AF and ran in the VF when it came down to race day. Maybe it's just not enough time to get used to a new shoe but it might possibly be something else I'm not thinking of?

i think its personal preference. some like one the VF and some like the AF
from the marketing, it seems like the AF was made with input and feedback given from Kipchoge, so it may be possible that the shoe is more suited for him and his running vs all the other elite runners

Almost every review of the Tempo characterizes them as a bad shoe for easy running. I really think you need to try these for yourself as I’ve had no issue at all in paces from 5:00 to 7:00 per mile.
I’m going to admit. I’m a slow runner. I just didn’t like how clunky they felt compared to other shoes during my first two runs.

But it could just be how I run. I tend to strike mid foot intentionally. I used to strike the fore foot more when I was younger. But I have arthritis in my right knee so I try to reduce or mitigate the wear and tear to it.

And I doubt I’ll ever have the speed to truly engage the setup. But out of the box, I feel like the VF and NEXT feel great out the box. Even if I don’t the pace you do, they still feel zippy and propel me.

I prefer the VF. Thinking of selling of my AFs. Fit and feel of the VF is more my preference.

I’m going to admit. I’m a slow runner. I just didn’t like how clunky they felt compared to other shoes during my first two runs.

But it could just be how I run. I tend to strike mid foot intentionally. I used to strike the fore foot more when I was younger. But I have arthritis in my right knee so I try to reduce or mitigate the wear and tear to it.

And I doubt I’ll ever have the speed to truly engage the setup. But out of the box, I feel like the VF and NEXT feel great out the box. Even if I don’t the pace you do, they still feel zippy and propel me.

i’m curious, did the tempos make you want to be more of a forefoot striker while running in them?
yet to try them out, but talked to someone on how they liked the shoe and they said it helped them be more of a forefoot striker even though they’re typically a heel striker.

I can see the natural inclination with the zoom pods. But I tend to do the mid for the reasons above. But to truly engage the setup, you probably have to do heel to fore strikes.

I like AF for full. For a half, I'd trade the cushioning for less weight, so VF.

can’t remember if posted yet, but mango AF dropping 10/29 at 7AM PST/10 AM EST on nike.
shows up in the app right now as well

mango VF early access, log in to check
0DC53D0D-F7AC-4B2B-B55E-92C59EE41235.jpeg

“reserved for you”....

“sorry, this product is not reserved for you”
4B5AFCF5-E9A9-46BC-9744-C094476B287D.png

If anyone is looking, and is from the Bay Area, I’ve got a pair of alpha fly 1:59:40 size 10 for retail+tax. It was definitely an impulse buy, which I would rather sell to someone on here than return. I got 7 other pair of DS running shoes, this was really not the smartest purchase lol

If anyone is looking, and is from the Bay Area, I’ve got a pair of alpha fly 1:59:40 size 10 for retail+tax. It was definitely an impulse buy, which I would rather sell to someone on here than return. I got 7 other pair of DS running shoes, this was really not the smartest purchase lol

impulse buy for me too haha but after getting them, don’t really regret it but at the same time don’t know when i’ll ever wear them

wear them the next time you run

1603773647996.gif

its real nice cw, simple but that pinks hits nicely, got my impulse buy too and the color coordinated bags a nice touch

7F7420E9-2C69-4752-BE12-5AA058704ED0.jpeg

Anyone with a 10.5/11?
Hoping to get back to running late spring/early summer 2021

Is there any indication that the Vaporfly by you is returning? Kind of want a black mesh pair. Should have ordered it when I had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom