Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Multiple reports of sightings at different Ross Locations...these are 100% real....
Makes you wonder....

at the same time you cats see a 10-11 out there holla at ya boy
3B81315E-4D6A-480A-B139-B9A822336E53.jpeg

this has me wanting to make the drive out to that specific ross but with covid and all that rn i think i'll have to pass

I don't recall Ross ever getting prices correct on running shoes you see there in the wild. when everyone was going crazy on the sl20s for $30 they had those at comparable value $75 also

Last edited:
Strongly considering the Alphaflys....do they ever go on sale?

none that i can think of since it dropped but hey maybe you can check your local ross to see if you might get lucky like those IG posts that have popped up recently

Based on the cw blocking and upper materials of the VF2s, I predict that I'll be spending A LOT of funds on them in 2021, ESP if they hit NBY.

I'd probably 3X up if they let us design a cw like the Playoff AJ12s (Black EM upper, White toe guard, White Midsole, White Outsole and a few Red Accents)

15241_01.jpg.jpg

from the wearers pov, looking down, this cw is just giving me those football cleats that are wrapped up with ankle tape... or is it just me?

this is like one of those cw that you have to run fast as everyone sees you

where if someone passes you on the run, you wanna just cranks it up and overtake em again

:lol:

so maybe the cw is working...

tmpo.jpg

from the wearers pov, looking down, this cw is just giving me those football cleats that are wrapped up with ankle tape... or is it just me?

this is like one of those cw that you have to run fast as everyone sees you

where if someone passes you on the run, you wanna just cranks it up and overtake em again

:lol:

so maybe the cw is working...

tmpo.jpg

7.99 miles. Ugh. I hate when it says 8.00 on my watch and then Strava or some other app says it's 7.99. Grr...

zoomx invincible run

Product details:

Weight:
  • Men’s 10 // 314g (per shoe)
  • Women’s 8 // 253g
Stack height:
  • Men’s 10 // Forefoot 27.6mm, Heel 36.6mm
  • Women’s 8.5 // Forefoot 26.7mm, Heel 35.4mm
‘It is a completely new shoe from the ground up, but it’s based on a lot of the same learnings from the Alphafly,’ Holt tells Runner's World. ‘The Invincible features full Zoom X foam underfoot, giving runners a softer but also a more responsive experience in terms of running economy and energy return.’

The midsole incorporates the same rocker geometry we've seen in a number of Nike shoes recently and the wider nets in the forefoot create a comfortable, cushioned ride that helps you get a smooth toe-off.

‘We’ve removed the carbon fibre plate, which is in the Vaporfly and Alphafly to accentuate the running economy and propulsiveness, so this shoe is actually meant to be that training partner for the Alphafly or Vaporfly; this is meant to be an everyday training shoe, a high- mileage shoe that helps athletes of all levels get to the start line of that marathon feeling happy and healthy.’

7.99 miles. Ugh. I hate when it says 8.00 on my watch and then Strava or some other app says it's 7.99. Grr...

yah when i paused it and saw, i considered doing it again and do a lap to two around the car to get to 8 :lol:

Infinity run 2 is up as well, nothing for the invincible run yet. The latter will likely be my first shoe purchase of 2021.

Wow - the weight is a little surprising.

11.076oz is HEAVY. Why do their shoes continually get heavier when everyone else's get lighter. Think of it this way: 1oz of weight over the course of a 4:00 marathon at 175spm:

4 hours = 240 minutes
240 x 175 = 42,000 strides
42,000 x 1oz /16 oz = 2,625lbs.

So over the course of a marathon, wearing a shoe that's 1oz lighter saves you from lifting 2,625lbs PER SHOE. That cumulative effect adds up at mile 20. Now realize that Nike doesn't have a daily trainer in the 8.0oz-8.5oz range. I know I'm a broken record, but I really miss the Zoom Elite range, particularly the ZE9.

Back
Top Bottom