Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Not surprising; I'm guessing because the foam is about 4 years old and there's less of it than in the Next% series? My VF flyknits with maybe 35 miles feel nothing like the Next%.

My pair is splitting at the same spot, about 245miles in it
16333992592906639448776586719717.jpg

Maybe she just happens to get bad pair of Invincible.
Our boy, Ben Johnson, has worn his invincible for about 250 miles on them. I haven't seen any YTers complaining about the midsole so far. Mine is close to 100 miles on them, and I have no complaints.

Btw, she helped designing Air Mag, Hyper Adapt, and the first Yeezy.
I have 300 miles on mine and no splits…

My invincible also broke with 300 miles on that same spot, but I think it's fine for a ZoomX shoe. Not complaining. I have another pair with 250 and looks perfect. Let's see.

Hey, A amritpalghatora how do you like the Alphafly Natures?
He did an unboxing and initial review after trying them on in his IG stories last week. He compared the weight with the standard AF and the Nature version are slightly heavier; however, he thought the upper on the Nature version was more comfortable.

These impressions were all based on try on feel as he didn’t want to take them out for a run prior to the London Marathon.

Pro direct really takes care of him. They’ve sent him several pairs of AF, VF, and other Nike trainers.

He did an unboxing and initial review after trying them on in his IG stories last week. He compared the weight with the standard AF and the Nature version are slightly heavier; however, he thought the upper on the Nature version was more comfortable.

These impressions were all based on try on feel as he didn’t want to take them out for a run prior to the London Marathon.

Pro direct really takes care of him. They’ve sent him several pairs of AF, VF, and other Nike trainers.

In a size 10.5 the Nature was about 50g heavier for me, 283g while the original EK alphaflys are 232g. Fit wise I find the Natures upper softer but actually a tighter fit around the toes. Maybe because they're still brand new but on try-out I prefer the originals - will see how they go on a run, maybe the flyknit/flyprint stretches out a bit.

Speaking of which… had my first run in Tempos, and I’m a FAN! I’m finally digging into my stash of performance swaps. I’m pretty set on wearing the AFs for my first race since the pandemic, but maybe a VFN hybrid might win me over.

C5D55621-45DF-4E8F-99A5-D8EFC7ADEC26.jpeg

I’d take these over the ZF3/4 easily. They feel like a budget AF, IMO. The Flyknit upper felt really comfy on the run as well.

quick question for y’all runners.

just got into running a couple of months ago, loving it. i’m not a big fan of beenies, and prefer hats. but my head shape is terrible for running hats like this. my ears & face are low on my face/head and the height of these hats looking weird on me. anyone know of any running hats that have more height to them? or what this area of a hat is technically called?

i need something taller, so it reaches my ears.

thank you!
46749F25-2281-413A-97B2-A916201F2530.jpeg

quick question for y’all runners.

just got into running a couple of months ago, loving it. i’m not a big fan of beenies, and prefer hats. but my head shape is terrible for running hats like this. my ears & face are low on my face/head and the height of these hats looking weird on me. anyone know of any running hats that have more height to them? or what this area of a hat is technically called?

i need something taller, so it reaches my ears.

thank you!
46749F25-2281-413A-97B2-A916201F2530.jpeg

I know that baseball caps made with a lower profile are called “low-crown” caps, and it does seem like a lot of running caps are kind of constructed that way. Good luck finding what you’re looking for!

the nike aerobill pro/legacy has the highest height of all their hats and also has more structure

not to be confused with the aerobill tailwind or aerowind featherlight, thise tend to be on the lower end but it has some stretch

i have a big noggin too but i do liek the lower profile because the taller hats pushes my shades down on my ear and creates pressure

I’ve heard mixed review on these due to how soft they are. About to unDS my pair but may hold off until I’ve done a legit ankle strengthening regimen…

I bought a few Tailwind caps and regretted it - too short/tight. I've settled on Featherlight which fit great. The tallest hat is going to be the Nike Trail - they're styled like trucker hats (ie. structured at the front) but for running.

Back
Top Bottom