NikeTalk Essentials: Outkast (completed pg. 7)

bastitch

Staff member
12 tracks and only 12 tracks.

I'd defer to AirAnt for the final cut. But I'm giving this a week this time.

Go for it.

My first inclusion:

1. Elevators (Me & You)

Next?
: julissa ortiz :

...it's already Pawis Central in my panty night now...

Da Art of Storytellin (Part II)

Yea yea yea yeah yah yo
Baby did you hear that yea baby I heard it too
Look out the window golly the sky is electric blue...

:pimp:
pimp.gif

Ain't No Thang ...

how do these posts work ? bc I didn't come into the Wu one

" buddy what it is ? what you bout ? you ain't sayin **** !

t0ne dibiase + [/b] t0nedibiase@aim.com

Only going to throw out 5 songs:

-Spaghetti Junction
-Return Of Da "G"
-Spottieottiedopalicious
-Mainstream
-Jazzebelle
You the only ninja I know who experienced Y2K. You the only ninja who lights went out.....​

Great Choice Batisch. It's tough to get in down to 12 though, a lot of track to choose from.

Da Art Of Storytellin (Part I)
Rosa Parks
SpottieottieDopalicous
Elevators
Crumblin' Erb
Hootie Hoo
B.O.B.
So Fresh, So Clean
Humble Mumble
Prototype
Hey Ya!
A Day In the Life of Benjamin Andr (Incomplete)

I still havent listened to Idlewild enough, but a track from there might slide into my list.
freaky, like Marv Albert, in outfits, by Chaka Givens

Stoneface.

The point is to make the "Essential" list elite. Wu-Tang's catalog is like 5 times larger than Outkast's, and you're wondering why they only get 12?

Quote:
The point is to make the "Essential" list elite. Wu-Tang's catalog is like 5 times larger than Outkast's, and you're wondering why they only get 12?

just because they have 30+ albums doesn't mean @#%$. Quality > Quantity. i'm as a big of a Wu fan as the next man, but to say Wu's catalog smashes Kast's is ridiculous. Wu has about 5-7 albums that are great but the rest is forgettable. OB4CL, 36 Chambers, Liquid Swords, Forever and Ghost's solo albums vs. Southernplayalistic, ATLiens, Aquemini, Stankonia, TLB/Speakerboxxx and Idlewild. there really isn't much of a disparity in the level of quality music the two have put out.

anywho, for the sake of it:

-Aquemini (arguably their best song)
-Da Art of Storytellin Pt. 2 (Dre's verse= Top 10 favorite verse of all time)
-Spottieottiedopaliscious (possibly the greatest melody ever)
-Elevators (to the end of the week, i live by the beat, like you live check to check....)
-Git Up, Git Out (Cee-Lo really kills this song. it's a life anthem)
-ATLiens (i'm cooler than a polar bear's toenails, oh hell, there he go again...)
-E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (poetic is the only way to describe it. Dre's verse is beyond deep)
-Aint No Thang (my favorite song off SPCM besides Git Up)
-Rosa Parks (this is what really opened the majority of people's eyes to 'Kast. video is an absolute classic. 2 words: shoulder pads.)
-Y'all Scared (probly the most slept on 'Kast song. definitely their hardest track ever. Goodie Mob [sans Cee-Lo]. Big and Dre's emotion is just :wow:
eek.gif
[especially Big Boi's. his verse is @#%$ RAW])

and to include one track from each of their first 5 albums:

-So Fresh, So Clean (Gangsta Sh't is my favorite on Stankonia, but So Fresh has to be on the list.)
-Unhappy or Knowing (the only 2 true "Outkast" songs on TLB/Speakerboxxx. probably my 2 favorite as well.)

Quote:
Y'all Scared

Paragraph indent, I make intense sense
:pimp:
pimp.gif

You the only ninja I know who experienced Y2K. You the only ninja who lights went out.....​

...N's on that Gil Scott dope, hint hint
at age 15 they start smokin Billy Clint
now he's 21 and wants to know where the time went

the monkey noises :pimp:
pimp.gif
. and then Big's verse. my god :wow:
eek.gif
. that @#%$ gets me dumb hyped.

13th Floor Growing Old..my fav Kast song (and fav rap song) of all time.

ATLiens
B.O.B.
Millenium
Mainstream
Slump (for some reason i really like this song)

Quote:
just because they have 30+ albums doesn't mean . Quality > Quantity. i'm as a big of a Wu fan as the next man, but to say Wu's catalog smashes Kast's is ridiculous. Wu has about 5-7 albums that are great but the rest is forgettable. OB4CL, 36 Chambers, Liquid Swords, Forever and Ghost's solo albums vs. Southernplayalistic, ATLiens, Aquemini, Stankonia, TLB/Speakerboxxx and Idlewild. there really isn't much of a disparity in the level of quality music the two have put out.

First off, I really don't know where you're coming from. I'm not saying that Wu > Outkast, and I challenge you to point out where I even implied that.

The only reason why Wu-Tang got 20 tracks is because they have such a huge catalog. Period. I mean, seriously. If you really wanted to, you could do an 12 track Essentials list for Ghostface all by himself. We had a hard enough time getting the list down to 20.

So don't take it as a slight to Outkast by only allowing 12 tracks. Jay-Z will get 12 and Nas will get 12 and Tupac will get 12 and Gangstarr will get 12.

If you're worried about how many tracks the artists get on their list, then you're missing the point of these Essentials threads altogether.

Return of the G
Aquemini
Elevators
13th Floor/Growing Old
Get Up Get Out
B.O.B.
Liberation
Slum Beautiful
TEAM CLEVELAND.......OG Member #2.

[/b]
I'm done for now, so one for now...​
Possibly forever, we had fun together...​