Niketalk, how easy and at what point would you fire a realtor?

Her trying to sell it at 178k is her being extra aggressive thinking she is leaving room to "negotiate down" and still get me at a number where I can pay off the mortgage, OHFA grant, her commission which she is trying to maximize, and have minimal to no out of pocket expense for me at the end. That number is actually around 167.

Found out yesterday she doesn't even have an office, she works out of her home. I gotta get this nipped in the bud quickly before I miss out on the summer, which is like peak season and almost over. I'll give her a 2 for 1 AppleBee's coupon for her time

I would fire her if you aren't happy for any reason. Just gonna have to wait it out based on the contract.

I had a similar experience using a friend of a friend as a realtor, except I was on the buying side so it was not nearly as bad for me.  Her normal area was houses in the burbs, and I was looking for a condo in center city Philly.  She had no knowledge of the market or area.  I had to find all of the condos I was interested in on my own.  She set up the actual viewings, but that was about it.  I wasn't happy with her at all.

So basically I would say, dump your agent.  Potentially saving a few bucks isn't worth the hassle of not getting your house sold quickly.

Back
Top Bottom