Niketalk, how easy and at what point would you fire a realtor?

I signed a contract with her a bit over a week ago, but am already unhappy. She hasn't done ****, only reason I hired her is because she is my mom's friend and gave me the "hookup" rate of 4% which stands to be a little over $7,000. But I don't have time to wait on her ******** because typically the summer is the best time to sell and it's almost over down here. Can I just fire her or does she have some legal immunity to it since we're on contract?

She did get my house on the MLS so it's on realtor.com but didn't upload it anywhere else (and only put 6 terrible iPhone taken pics on there whereas most listings have over 25 and a flash tour), doesn't even have her own website, and the sign she put in my yard looks like those No Limit/Ca$h Money album covers from the 90's, with the white background, black letters with shiny gold outlining. You damn near have to get out of the car to read it, plus the phone number which is the most important part is the smallest because it's some Bible verse ******** on there.

I can, and plan to, take more pics this weekend but again if you're making 7 racks, you figure they could take a little more initiative. I bought in a showing off damn facebook, in 2 weeks (only been signed 1 but had been agreed to it) she hasn't bought in ****.

Why don't you talk to her before firing her?

Talk to here, tell her your expectations and give her a timeline.

Ask questions (marketing, open house, how many houses she has, etc).

Basically agree to set terms and put it on paper. If she doesn't follow through on everything agreed, then fire her.

Why don't you talk to her before firing her?

Talk to here, tell her your expectations and give her a timeline.

Ask questions (marketing, open house, how many houses she has, etc).

Basically agree to set terms and put it on paper. If she doesn't follow through on everything agreed, then fire her.
We did. Haven't heard from her since. She doesn't even live in the same city I live in (it's probably 25-30 minutes from her office to my house). My mom told her I was about to sell my house and she thought it was just an opportunity for a quick 7 grand. Prior to her I had shopped 2 other realtors and 1 was willing to do it for 1% but wanted me to do the showing, listing, and bring the customer because she didn't want to drive out her either which is a great price but at that point what do I need her for? Another is the biggest company in town and they don't even give free consults so **** them. I knew they existed but didn't know about my city's main realty company actually has on office somewhat across the street from my house so it'd make the most sense to with them.

Bout to call that *** today, or get my Mom to tell her at church tomorrow since that's how most of our communication has been anyways

136636-7.jpg

136636-4.jpg

136636-2.jpg

:smh:

Last edited:
If she is not sticking to the terms agreed, you can fire her.

The reason you want a realty company is to generate traffic and if she's not doing that fire her.

All you need is a MLS and anybody that has it can search your house. I'm not sure how it works, but once your house is register all the major companies display them their websites (Century 21, Prudential, Coldwell, etc). Did you try a search in google for your MLS?

Yea, it's on some local aggregate sites after all although she doesn't have the big goarmyhomes.com relationship, but still doesn't change the ****** listing pictures and I wonder even if she was getting calls, how willing would she be to drive all the way out here like say if she got 2 calls in the same day, assuming somebody passed by my house willy nilly (kind of unlikely since I live in the back in the neighborhood) who was in the market, and they got out the car and looked at the number.

Last edited:
i was told to never sign on for more than a month with any realtor so they get on their job and work.

Hope it works out for you.

Don't mix business with pleasure.

It never really works out.
Yeah im not a fan of working with some personal friends and definitely not friends of parents/family.
If I want results and they fail to deliver, feels will be caught so i rather just have someone i dont know personally so if things end up, both of us move on without losing too much sleep over it

I don't think you can fire her (Idk DOH rules in your state) because that's the whole point of a contract. You have to wait until it's over.

1.This is why you never sign a contract with a realtor.
2. 7G's is really not much to realtor. Maybe that's why she's taking you lightly.

I don't think you can fire her (Idk DOH rules in your state) because that's the whole point of a contract. You have to wait until it's over.

2. 7G's is really not much to realtor. Maybe that's why she's taking you lightly.
for the little *** amount of work she has to do, that is a lot. If you count driving out here with all the dicussions we have had, she has spent like 2 hrs on me as customer. That's 4% which is what we agreed to. They typically get 3% for the buyer;s agent, 3% for the seller's, so 6 or 7% if they sell their own listing.

whatcu talking bout willis

7K is 7k, I know realtors who only deal in lower commission properties cause they're easy to sell. Especially in this climate where buyers are paying cash...she should be on her job. 

Plus I live in Oklahoma, new homes go for like 160 and up out here.
how is it in ok ? i have the chance to transfer with halliburton up there to duncan in a few.
Duncan is wack, you'd spend most of your time in Lawton which is about 30 minutes or OKC which is about an hour 15. If you're lucky, you know someone who can get you on Military bases (Ft Sill is the Army base in Lawton, Tinker AFB is in OKC) and then that's even more to do and a diverse population of people from everywhere since it's Armed Forces, but Lawton itself is very diverse. If its still not big enough for you, Dallas is less than a 3hr drive. Dude reference the tornadoes, typically they are no big deal. We had 2 f5s in a week period which has never happened in history (and the 2nd was the biggest in diameter and strongest in history) and the first since 77. It's actually rare they cause that much carnage. Typically they just mess up your satellite and are an annoyance. Anyways

View media item 514517
from the middle of my driveway, like 20ft away

View media item 514516

for the little *** amount of work she has to do, that is a lot. If you count driving out here with all the dicussions we have had, she has spent like 2 hrs on me as customer. That's 4% which is what we agreed to. They typically get 3% for the buyer;s agent, 3% for the seller's, so 6 or 7% if they sell their own listing.

Plus I live in Oklahoma, new homes go for like 160 and up out here.

Well, if you put it that way. She should be doing her job being that it's a typical commission out there. If you think she's getting paid for doing nothing than you'd hate me for the amount of work I do and what I get paid. :lol:

Is your house brand new though? If new houses are $160k, why are you selling yours for $175k? Realtors usually slack when they see that there might be some hassle .. literally get transformed into lazy fudgesicles.

Also, if you run into problems with her doing her job and not living up to her fiduciary responsibilities to you, you should contact DOH and get it taken care of you because if you just decide to opt out the contract and go with another realtor she can sue you.

Last edited:
New go for around average 120 s/ft so the start pricepoint I referenced of 160 would typically be like a 1300 something s/ft with 2 car garage. Mine is 1700 with a 3 car garage and would be about 18 months old

Last edited:
Damn move your house to NYC and I'll sell it in a day for double the price you want! :lol:

Has the price of the house appreciated since you bought it?

Back
Top Bottom