Niketalk I need your help! Vol. Sprint

So I bought an EVO 3D off of craigslist for 275 (great deal). When I get home I turn it on to activate it and it turns out the phone is still activated. I know I am an idiot and got scammed. But the phone is still working, I can make calls, text, etc no problem.

The phone is located in Virginia, I am in seattle so I am pretty sure it's stolen. Sprint won't deactivate it for me because I am not the original owner, and I cannot get in contact with them.

Is anybody on NT a sprint employee or know someone who could help me? I am pretty much screwed otherwise and I don't wana resell it and scam someone else.

Thank you nt!

Do you have a different Sprint phone around the house? You could call customer service using *2 or whatever it is and just have them do an ESN switch to your other Sprint phone and then the Evo is going to be open (because the ESN isn't locked) to move to your regular number. Then use the heck out of minutes/data on whoever's plan it is on now so hopefully they will notice and cancel their Sprint thus deactivating that phone.

You could see what numbers are stored in the Evo and contact those people to try to help find the owner

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

Do you have a different Sprint phone around the house? You could call customer service using *2 or whatever it is and just have them do an ESN switch to your other Sprint phone and then the Evo is going to be open (because the ESN isn't locked) to move to your regular number. Then use the heck out of minutes/data on whoever's plan it is on now so hopefully they will notice and cancel their Sprint thus deactivating that phone.

You could see what numbers are stored in the Evo and contact those people to try to help find the owner

I have the EVO, I was on the phone all day with sprint trying to get them to deactivate it. But if the other people report it stolen, then the phone will be useless, so I don't want that. But they can't transfer my number to the other phone until its deactivated. And the EVO 3D is still active on the other account. I know the COULD do it, but if I can get an employee to do it for me that would help so much.

I can paypal someone some money if they can do it for me too.

This is the very definition of bad esn.. ie esn not clear.  Nothing you can do till dude deativates it.. give him your the esn on your old phone to swap to.  If its still active, then his account isnt negative, which is the usual  reason people sell bad esn phones.  He probably just didn have another Sprint phone to activate.

Originally Posted by Phen0m

This is the very definition of bad esn.. ie esn not clear.  Nothing you can do till dude deativates it.. give him your the esn on your old phone to swap to.  If its still active, then his account isnt negative, which is the usual  reason people sell bad esn phones.  He probably just didn have another Sprint phone to activate.

Yeah it is still active. I have no contact with the owner though, he lives in Virgnia, that is all I know. I know Sprint COULD just deactivate it but they aren't supposed to. But the ESN isn't "bad" its just active on another account.

But the originial owner hasn't even reported his phone lost or stolen which is pretty odd.

Your best bet is to turn it off and wait a week or two hoping the owner assumes it lost and decides to cut their losses without reporting it. If the owner is insured, that esn is going to be blacklisted when they send him a replacement. Evo 3d is a new phone and it was most likely lost or stolen.

If its too good to true it more than likely is, gotta watch out for those scammers man

Yeah I know I should've check everything out first. I was just so mad and frustrated I didn't even want to deal with it at the time.

I just wish someone could just deactivate it, I mean, it's not like the original owner is ever going to get it back.

Back
Top Bottom