Niketalk is mostly blacks and asians. was it all whites 10 years ago?

In that case I misinterpreted your statement for something other than what it was, my mistake.

Originally Posted by classic

Originally Posted by B fr3sh

Filipinos only at 2.9%? That can't be true. I bet some still picked Pacific Islander or Mixed race even with Filipino in the choices
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

BTW Filipino=Asian. I don't know what your [Filipino] parents are teaching yall.

QFT.

Geographically, Filipinos are undoubtably Asian.  Culturally, they are quite different than the other primary East Asian countries... At least that's what I always hear from the Filipinos on this site.  Anyways, yeah... there is no way Filipinos only make 2.9% of this site
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Filipinos only at 2.9%? That can't be true. I bet some still picked Pacific Islander or Mixed race even with Filipino in the choices
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

BTW Filipino=Asian. I don't know what your [Filipino] parents are teaching yall.

QFT.

Geographically, Filipinos are undoubtably Asian.  Culturally, they are quite different than the other primary East Asian countries... At least that's what I always hear from the Filipinos on this site.  Anyways, yeah... there is no way Filipinos only make 2.9% of this site
laugh.gif

The problem is using that thought process means we need to dissect "Whites" into American, European (non-GB), Great Britain, Russia, etc. due to the large cultural differences and even that slaps together all the different European cultures.  The polls are about race, not nationality and therefore should be treated as such. 

Originally Posted by WaitWut

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

laugh.gif
@ sneakerheads, the kids I see here in LA are just lame.. Especially those kids just hanging out in the from of those shoe boutiques

I'm Filipino too & I thought we would fall under pacific islanders.

There are so many other "islands" in South East Asia like Taiwan and Indonesia and yet, the Phillipines are the only ones secluded in being Pacific Islanders. Even as far as geography goes, they are not even part of Polynesia, Melanesia and Micronesia regions that makes up the Pacific Islander areas.

this..
im pretty sure the Philippines in Filipino claim themselves as asians too 
laugh.gif
WaitWut? I think you meant "I'm pretty sure the Filipinos in the Philippines claim themselves as Asians, too."
You're damn right we're Asian! 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

QFT.

laugh.gif
Blame that on the lack of cultural identity over here. We've been colonized by the Spaniards, the Americans, the Dutch (or was it the British? either way, they didn't do much
laugh.gif
), and the Japanese. And recently, we've been invaded by Chinese and Koreans, too... somewhat.
laugh.gif
 We didn't really get a chance to develop our indigenous heritage as much as our neighboring countries. 
ohwell.gif
 But, on the other hand, we could relate, respect, and adapt to other cultures much easier than others out there.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Off topic but while we're on the subject of race...

I DESPISE black people who claimed to be mixed with 40 different things. Black women are FAMOUS for this #%+$. Self hatred at it's finest.

"Oh...I'm mixed with German, Italian, Brazilian, and Asian"

*!@#!, shut up. You black.

laugh.gif
Word.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

QFT.

laugh.gif
Blame that on the lack of cultural identity over here. We've been colonized by the Spaniards, the Americans, the Dutch (or was it the British? either way, they didn't do much
laugh.gif
), and the Japanese. And recently, we've been invaded by Chinese and Koreans, too... somewhat.
laugh.gif
 We didn't really get a chance to develop our indigenous heritage as much as our neighboring countries. 
ohwell.gif
 But, on the other hand, we could relate, respect, and adapt to other cultures much easier than others out there.
smokin.gif

Truth. I agree.

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Originally Posted by robxdrew

what the hell?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

dat ignorance
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Such ignorance.

I will say though, when most Asians get into some sort of hobby, we love to get very technical with it. 
laugh.gif

I mean look at how Asians took the "Denim" or "Sneaker" hobby and made it much more intriguing after they got their hands wrapped around it.

Let's not lie, some Asian countries are ages ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to apparel, technology, and kicks alone.

fixed

I'm sorry, but I thought most people wanted to visit Japan just for my last few statements alone. 
laugh.gif

Asia's Technology and their attention to detail of apparel >>>>>>> _______________________.

I got friends and family over there laughing that we're just getting into "3G", QR codes, and going crazy for Japanese raw denim. 

-Drew

I got friends and family over there laughing that we're just getting into "3G", QR codes, and going crazy for Japanese raw denim. 

-Drew

Yeah, but don't front like America isn't the trendsetter when it comes to pop culture. 

Originally Posted by richiecotite

-Drew
Yeah, but don't front like America isn't the trendsetter when it comes to pop culture. 

No argument about that.
It most definitely is. 
pimp.gif

-Drew

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

BC fool clearly supports idiocy on our board.

he mad as hell cuz i forgot to type an extra "a", but dude got the gonads to type ISS app thinking its what makes NT wack?

LOL what he needs to do is make a Cowboys app that'll help the team not choke every single damb season.

indifferent.gif

Just stop posting

Who the hell are you?

Stone facing cuz u sleep with your tony romo jersey at night having wet dreams of the 90's era cowboys.

And you're a Kobe fan too huh?

That explains it
roll.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

QFT.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
smokin.gif

I feel like Laos, Cambodia and other southern Asian countries are different culturally but they are still Asian as well. The only thing I don't get is the word Asian represents a lot of cultures in itself and it describes just a general statement of who we are. No one is not recognizing that were all different in our own sense. But geographically if Filipinos think they are Pacific Islanders more so then Asian, they are wrong. That doesn’t take away the fact that they have Polynesian style then other countries like China.

Originally Posted by slickp42189

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Such ignorance.

I will say though, when most Asians get into some sort of hobby, we love to get very technical with it. 
laugh.gif

I mean look at how Asians took the "Denim" or "Sneaker" hobby and made it much more intriguing after they got their hands wrapped around it.

Let's not lie, some Asian countries are ages ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to apparel, technology, and kicks alone.

fixed

I'm sorry, but I thought most people wanted to visit Japan just for my last few statements alone. 
laugh.gif

Asia's Technology and their attention to detail of apparel >>>>>>> _______________________.

-Drew

that can be said about Europe though, isnt Paris the fashion capital of the world? does Silicon Valley not exist? does NY have an insane amount of diversity/tourism?
do you really think Japan/Asia is the only place getting visits off that stuff?

why is asians all broken apart in that chart? lol from looking at that chart i never knew there was so many latinos on NT

i thought NT was like 30% asian 30% black 30% white 10% other
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Hispanic here if that matters.

The reason they break up the Asians is because although my friends Ashwin and Zhun-tsu are both "Asian"
there's clearly a difference between my Indian friend and my Chinese friend.

Back
Top Bottom