Niketalk need an iOS and android app

hey meth one thing i like about the mobile site is the page where it updates all your subscriptions in order from the latest post. is this available on the classic site? if not would we be able to get it implemented?
Maybe I haven't paid close enough attention, but how does that differ from what we currently have on the front page with the recent activity feed?  That even goes a step further, since it updates in real time.  

Remember, the news feed can be filtered.  Click the "subscriptions only" button there in the upper right.  

Perhaps we should make that the default for logged-in users or just make the "subscriptions only" button a little more visible.  

hey meth one thing i like about the mobile site is the page where it updates all your subscriptions in order from the latest post. is this available on the classic site? if not would we be able to get it implemented?

You can do that on the desktop version, it's right on niketalk.com on the homepage

or you can go here http://niketalk.com/users/subscriptions/index/view/activity

wow, thanks bro.
something thats right infront of your eyes you don't even realize it :rofl:

i actually thought about making an app before the mobile site came....was going to talk to my school about funding the project. The mobile site is fine with me probably my second favorite mobile site layout right after neogaf

i gotta be the only one that hates mobile websites/app websites with a passion :lol:

I don't use them either.

i gotta be the only one that hates mobile websites/app websites with a passion :lol:

I use classic alot on my phone as well..

What about them don't you guys like? Loading pages is like 4 times as fast on the mobile site so it's a all good with me.

This dude said 1 million members though. :lol:

Mobile site is great, IMO. No need for an app. We have enough riff raff around here already now that there isn't an approval process.

We don't have 1 million members ?? Or that's just trolls either way just a thought I've been with NT throughout my 20's it's a part of me great site

There are millions of sneakerheads, collectors, clothing designers out there that haven't even herd of NT that would value you guys opinion and insight. NT could be the golden standard
ya :rolleyes

************* is that way >>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
We don't have 1 million members ?? Or that's just trolls either way just a thought I've been with NT throughout my 20's it's a part of me great site
Unique visitors and registered members are two different categories.  We have just over 71,000 registered members.  We do, however, have over 1 million unique monthly visitors.

I can't stand these new dudes that make threads with no real basis and say "I've been here since 200_"
Ok, point still remains, you a lame.

What about them don't you guys like? Loading pages is like 4 times as fast on the mobile site so it's a all good with me.

Just contrarian *** dudes.

"The mobile site is better but I'm against it, no one else is like me"

:lol:

Last edited:
Naw b.

The mobile site functions just fine.. Completely unnecessary, waste of time and resources.

Some of you ****** would rather pinch and zoom on desktop versions of websites on mobile devices?

Some of you ****** would rather pinch and zoom on desktop versions of websites on mobile devices?

i browse the net on my phone sideways so it zooms auto

and i hate how bootleg mobile websites/apps look

the aesthetics of the official website >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> watered down mobile website

Man, I don't see why you all are always looking for ways to "take NT to the next level".

One of the reasons people love this place is because of its simplicity. Despite the fact that it's changed platforms a few times over the years, it's managed to keep its "message board" feel. Why would we want something to rival with facebook? That place has a pending expiration date. NT has seen myspace, facebook, twitter, da gram, etc. come and go, yet it's stuck around.

Be thankful for what you have and stop asking for more. The desktop and the mobile versions are all we really need.

I know I'm not the only one that doesn't like NT getting all this attention. What happened to the days of "the first rule of niketalk is there is no niketalk"?

Naw b.

The mobile site functions just fine.. Completely unnecessary, waste of time and resources.
That's the bottom line here.  The QA costs alone for producing and constantly iterating app releases for all the different platforms is more than a site like ours can really bear - and the difference in functionality is actually pretty minimal. 

I'd love to see push notifications for mobile devices, and MAYBE we can get something like that done through the use of a wrapper... but this idea that we need a full blown app just because it's a thing to do isn't terribly compelling.  

We feel that the current mobile site Huddler's developed is fantastic and easily ranks among the best in the industry.  It even includes features people don't normally associated with mobile sites - like the ability to upload images on Android and updated iOS devices.  The different control panels and buttons perform very similarly to what people expect from a dedicated app.  We're very pleased with the mobile site and nearly all of our fellow members seem to share that sentiment.  

It's been so successful, in fact, that it's actually hurting our bottom line.  Mobile page views are much more difficult to monetize, but it's a service we happily provide in attempt to deliver the best experience possible.  

Compare NikeTalk today to NikeTalk 12 months ago and I think we can all agree that the difference is DRAMATIC.  

I don't blame people for wanting even more, as we're always looking to improve, but bear in mind that NikeTalk is NOT Facebook (nor do we have any desire to become Facebook, for that matter), and we have to do the best we can within the confines of a limited budget. 
*shrug*
Mobile sites look to basic and annoy me.
User agent fake ftw
smokin.gif
If you prefer the desktop version, just tap on the "desktop" toggle at the bottom of the page.  Your browser will remember your preference the next time you visit.  No fuss, no muss. 

Man, I don't see why you all are always looking for ways to "take NT to the next level".

One of the reasons people love this place is because of its simplicity. Despite the fact that it's changed platforms a few times over the years, it's managed to keep its "message board" feel. Why would we want something to rival with facebook? That place has a pending expiration date. NT has seen myspace, facebook, twitter, da gram, etc. come and go, yet it's stuck around.

Be thankful for what you have and stop asking for more. The desktop and the mobile versions are all we really need.

I know I'm not the only one that doesn't like NT getting all this attention. What happened to the days of "the first rule of niketalk is there is no niketalk"?
dis :pimp:

edit: **** i was gonna rep you and repped mecks by accident :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom