NikeTalk'ers who have Windows OS on Mac OS, need assistance.

alright, so I am thinking about running windows on my Mac, but only one thing doesn't make sense. Getting Windows 7, or Vista. I can purchase it (or get itanother way) but which one do I look for.

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

alright; but you know there is Professional, Premium, and Ultimate. Which one do I choose?

which one do you think you need?.. are you a Professional? or a casual user?..

Just get Ultimate.

Unlike past editions of Windows, the type you choose actually matters. And while you may be a casual user, you might have to change a driver or manipulate apart of the OS..in which case, professional/premium might not let you.

I have Home Premium on my Macbook Pro and it works fine for what I use it for.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

are there really advantages to installing Windows on a Mac?
No, but one of my classes uses Windows only, so I was kind of forced to, because I'm too lazy to walk 5 minutes to the library.
smh.gif
laugh.gif
, andfor $30 (expired now) student discount, it was a good deal.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

are there really advantages to installing Windows on a Mac?

no other than you lose HD space. They are separate, so no matter how badly you %$#% your windows part of the computer up or vise versa, they shouldn'teffect each other.

Originally Posted by kingofthesouthga

also do i need windows 32 or 64 bit????

is there a ram cap??? i plan on upgrading my macbook from 2 to 4 gb of ram
Go ahead and get 64-bit. If I'm not mistaken, Windows 7 64-bit is compatible with 32-bit software, so it really doesn't matter. And go ahead and upgrade your RAM before hand, just to minimize the chance of any problems.

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

Originally Posted by kingofthesouthga

i gotta do this soon also

so whats better VMWare Fusion 3 or Parallels 5????

Get Parallels. It's faster and it works with Windows better.

Back
Top Bottom