Niketalkers who use to suck at math but are now good..what helped?

So niketalk basically i suck at math no im not dumb i can add multiply subtract divide the basics cool but once u start asking me

a+ 8-12x x4008730-79 i get lost ex some algebra problems and geometry so what did u all do too get better?

Originally Posted by romedadude

Bagatrix helped, having a shawty to help me in class helped, and a lil studying helped.
I got a girl to help  and im studying maybe ill try the other thing u typed
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkdan1

practice ^ 3

This may sound crazy but i have studied non stop everyday and barely know anything diffrent teachers nothing its really becoming an issue to me smh
mad.gif

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

So niketalk basically i suck at math no im not dumb i can add multiply subtract divide the basics cool but once u start asking me

a+ 8-12x x4008730-79 i get lost ex some algebra problems and geometry so what did u all do too get better?
"Mathematically I do triganamitry"
laugh.gif

All you can do is practice or go through the steps carefully. Having a good teacher helps a lot. My Trig/Precalc teacher and Statistics teacher were/are horrible. My friend taught the class better than the teacher
laugh.gif
. Taking calculus BC next year.
nerd.gif

If you got the extra dough to spend, get a good friend or get a tutor. No one should have to get F's.

Don't ever tell yourself that you are stupid or suck at something. You haven't tried hard enough.

Good luck OP.

I used to be pretty bad at math in high school, as well as classes requiring math such as physics. All my classes were in the afternoon, so when I went to college I scheduled all my math or math required courses for early in the morning which helped. I got all A's
pimp.gif

FYI, you suck at English as well.  Its "used to suck at math...."

This may sound crazy but i have studied non stop everyday and barely know anything diffrent teachers nothing its really becoming an issue to me smh
mad.gif
I won't even get into what the hell that is supposed to mean.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

FYI, you suck at English as well.  Its "used to suck at math...."

mad.gif
I won't even get into what the hell that is supposed to mean.
Ok well thanks for your input

It's best to understand the formulas first, then try to apply them.

I think the one you posted is a simple order of operations problem. Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally, or PEMDAS.

However it may be possible that you have a learning disability.

i suck @ math too, i cheated my way through school honestly.

Add
Subtract
Multiply
Divide
Basic Fractions

Is all I can do, all that Other bull and i mean ALLL of It aint happening with me. Nobody needs that stuff.

just learn to like it, and it'll be much easier to learn. thats how it was for me. once i understood how it was used in the real world, it was a breeze.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I think the one you posted is a simple order of operations problem. Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally, or PEMDAS.

That wasnt a problem i just wrote it as an example but thanks and i think its the formulas as well i cant remember the order of them for some reason
grin.gif
Just got to keep on practicing. How exactly are you studying? You may have to change your study habits.

That wasnt a problem i just wrote it as an example but thanks and i think its the formulas as well i cant remember the order of them for some reason
grin.gif

grin.gif
Just got to keep on practicing. How exactly are you studying? You may have to change your study habits.
I sit down in a quiet place look at the book try and do what it says and nothing thats pretty much it now any other subject is easy english history etc but math seems to be a no go smh

grin.gif
I sit down in a quiet place look at the book try and do what it says and nothing thats pretty much it now any other subject is easy english history etc but math seems to be a no go smh
How about you post a problem or formula that is giving you a problem. Try and do it the best you can and post where you're having problems.

Don't post any homework problems.

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

Ganja No Lie..

Smoking helps me focus DUDE
pimp.gif

i could understand if you were doing writers workshop
or silent sustained reading but for math doe?

OP you should just learn to love it.  lie to yourself and trick your brain if you have to
and just do work. drill those problems and formulas. math is your 1st priority.
ohwell.gif

Learn ho to do it right and KEEP doing it. It sucks because I know people who can do it once and they instantly memorize it and know it
mad.gif
, you and me gotta keep at it and work.

worst thing you can do is look over problems.

best thing to do is to actually do new problems then check it over see what you did wrong.

and try another NEW problem

Back
Top Bottom