NikeTalk's Avy Tutorials vol. Yuku -- Tutorials for Ulead & PS CS3 & Flash (No 56k)

Remember: NT's limit is 150,000 bytes.

Table of Contents
Ulead pg. 1
PS CS3 pg. 14, 2, 17, 23
Flash pg. 18

What You Need
- YouTube.com as your source for videos.
- VideoDL to download videos from YouTube
- CinemaForge to convert the downloaded video into an.avi format.
- If that CinemaForge doesn't work, then try it from this source, CinemaForge.
- Ulead GIF Animator 5 (trialversion) to make the actual avy.
- If this version of Ulead doesn't work, try it from this source Ulead GIF Animator 5 (trial version).
- Try this Ulead if the other two don't work. Ulead GIF Animator 5 (trial version).
- Microsoft Paint to make borders. I'm pretty sure everyone's got that.

Downloading the Video
- Copy the URL of the video.
- Open up VideoDL and paste the URL and click "Get It", then click "Download Now".

2eds6c6.png

- Download the video as an .flv file. Just put ".flv" at the end of the file name.

Converting the Video
- Open up CinemaForge.

n2hct2.png

- Where I labeled "1", click it and go to where you saved the .flv file. Open it.
- Where I labeled "2", change the quality to "high".
- Where I labeled "3", change the channel to "stereo" (not really necessary because .gifs don't have sounds but I like to do it anywayin case I actually save the video on my computer).
- Where I labeled "4", change the format to "audio/video interleaved (.avi)".
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]
** Some NTers have encountered a problem with opening the video in Ulead. The solution is to download videos as .avi files and then converting them to .movfiles by using CinemaForge. **[/color]

xciz3m.png

- This is how CinemaForge should look like after you changed the quality, channel, and format.
- Now, where I labeled "5", click that. It should convert your video from .flv to .avi.
- After it's done, you should have your video downloaded and usable.

Set up the Avy in Ulead
- Open up Ulead GIF Animator 5.
- The "Setup Wizard" should pop up and click on "Open an existing video file".

1s1pp5.png

- Find your video and before you click "Open", you want to go to "Duration".

vrra0l.png

- Put the start time and end time of your video. Then click "OK" > "Open".

2zyg6r8.png

- Chances are that you have frames in there you still don't want. Just hold down "Shift" and using the arrow keys, just highlight the frames youdon't want. Then hit "Delete".
- After you delete the frames you don't want in your avy, you can either crop the video or resize the video. If you don't want to crop the video, thenskip ahead to "To Resize the Avy"

nl3mhi.png

- To help keep the size of the avy low, I delete every other frame. To delete every other frame, you'd have to hold down CTRL and manually click on everyother frame. Sorry, no short cut. It doesn't affect the quality of the avy or how fast the avy is played because we can adjust the speed (more on thatlater).

To Crop the Avy

dg5gt0.png

- Select the "Selection Tool".

23trz90.png

- Click and drag whatever portion of the video you want to crop.
- Then hold down "CTRL+R".

2ljs3h2.png

- Here's how the cropped video should look like now.

To Resize the Avy

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]** My screenshots will depict an uncropped avy, but the instructions are exactly thesame whether you cropped your avy or not**
[/color]
qnsadt.png

- Go to "Edit" > "Resize Image".

xn87sj.png

- "Resize Image" window should pop up and change the "Width" and "Height" to 100x100. Click "OK".

j8yy6q.png

- Here's how your avy should look like at this point.

To Make it Widescreen

288cznm.png

- So you have your video uploaded and every other frame is deleted. You're here.

3178a4y.png

- Resize your avy. Go to Edit > Resize Image.
- Where I labeled "1", make sure it's checked.
- Where I labeled "2", change it to 100. You'll noticed where I labeled "3" that the number changed there too. Now you should have yourwidth 100 and your height 75. I like to make it a little more "wider" so I change the height to 70 and sometimes depending on how I feel, down to 65or even to 60. It's really up to you. For this example, I'm going to make it 65.

34evj1l.png

- Now go to Edit > Canvas Size. This window should pop up.
- Where labeled "1" make sure it's unchecked.
- Where I labeled "2" make sure it's set to 100.
- Where I labeled "3" make sure you set that to 100 as well.
- Where I labeled "4", that option is for what direction you want to "extend" the canvas to. I usually select the middle one where Ilabeled the "4".
- Hit ok.

2ebsk03.png

- Your avy should look like this. You get a checkered pattern indicating that that part of the canvas is "empty".

5vb2i0.png

- Now remember when I explained how I put my borders? I use Microsoft Paint. Open up Microsoft Paint and fill the canvas all black.
- Click on where I labeled "1" and take a sample of the black like I did where I labeled "2". Copy by pressing CTRL+C.
- Move over to Ulead and paste by pressing CTRL+V.
- Double click what you pasted. The Object Properties box should open. Click on the Position and Size tab. Adjust the width and height to cover the"empty" parts of the canvas for the top of the avy. Paste another sample of the black from Paint, open up the Object Properties box, click on thePosition and Size tab, and adjust the height and width again to cover the "empty" parts of the bottom of the avy.
- Now hold CTRL while clicking on the top and bottom "widescreen parts" to select both, press CTRL+C, highlight all the frames on the bottom ofUlead, and press CTRL+V to paste it in all of the other frames.

Here's the finished product.

3038jg5.gif

To Make Borders
- Open up Microsoft Paint.

34z0to7.jpg

- Size of the canvas doesn't matter but select a the color for whatever you want your border to be.
- Select the "Fill" tool (the one that looks like a paint bucket) and then color your canvas.
- "Select All" and then "Right Click" > Copy.

wt9frb.jpg

- Now paste it in Ulead by pressing CTRL+V.
- "Right Click" what you just pasted and select "Object Properties".

2i0zw5d.jpg

- An "Object Properties" window should pop up and then select the "Position and Size" tab.

2gwfbc8.jpg

- Adjust the "Width" and "Height". I recommend setting the width to 100 and the height to 3 (don't want an avy with hella thickborders). Then click "OK".

25sog2f.png

- Be sure the "Pick Tool" is selected.

fjj57r.jpg

- Now select the border. Copy it by pressing CTRL+C. Now paste by pressing CTRL+V. Now you have two sides of the borders made.

2daxaqc.gif

- Use the now move the border from the top of the frame to the bottom of the frame by using the "arrow keys". (It's faster to hold down CTRL+downarrow.)

23wlmrd.gif

- Remember we copied the top border? Paste that same border again and go to "Object Properties".
- This time, set the width to 3 and the height to 100. This step makes the other 2 sides of the borders.

1606dna.png

- Now to paste the borders on that 1 frame to the rest of the frames, we need to select the "Pick Tool" option and hold down CTRL while we click thetop, left, right, and bottom borders.
- Next, we copy what we selected by pressing CTRL+C.
- Then we hold down Shift and select the frames that we want to copy the borders to. (Faster way to select all the frames is press Shift+End.)

10fvzwp.png

- When we selected all the frames, we paste by pressing CTRL+V.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]** If you want flashing borders, you'd have to make 2 sets of borders, making oneset at a time. And when you paste them throughout your whole avy, you'd have to select every other frame, just like how we deleted every other frame tokeep the size of the avy low.**[/color]

To Tag Your Avy

2e49ms8.png

- You want select the "Text Tool".
- After you select the "Text Tool", click where you want to place the text.

2zqvc5d.png

- A "Text Entry Box" should pop up.
- You can play around with the font, the font size, the color of the font. That stuff is pretty self-explanatory. Just play around with the options andyou'll get an idea of what they do to your tag.
- After you're satisfied your tag's appearance, you can hit "OK".
- You can move your tag around by using the arrow keys, similar to how I showed you how to move your borders.

28im5jq.png

- So here's what I have so far. As you can see, my tag is very hard to see. The next step is to help you in cases like this.

121wwgx.png

- Make sure you selected the "Pick Tool" and double click the tag. Select "Neon".

315c3ms.png

- A "Neon Settings" window should pop up and check the "Neon" box.
- You can play around with the options and set it to what you like.

m7vm2c.png

- Just to show you an example, here's what I chose and the appearance of my tag.

1z2mv6r.png

- To paste your tag on all the frames, it's pretty much the same as how I showed you how to paste your borders on the frames too. Select the tag, copy it,select the frames you want it in and then paste it.

To Change the Speed of Your Avy
- So we deleted every other frame. A pro from doing that is to help keep the file size low. A con is that our avy will play at a faster speed. To compensatefor that, we change the speed of the avy.

167jiom.png

Select all your frames the same way we selected the frames to paste the borders. Right click on one of the frames and select "Frame Properties".

2ee8s4p.png

- A "Frame Properties" window should pop up and adjust the Delay. I normally adjust it to about 8-10. And then hit "OK".

mwxs76.png

- To play your avy, you can click on the "Play" button on the bottom left corner.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]** When you play your avy through Ulead, it typically plays at a slower speed than itdoes in web browsers. Also, speeds of avys vary with different types of web browsers.**[/color]

How to Make Sure Your Avy is NT Approved

14ahfm1.png

- Click on the "Optimize" tab.

2d9srol.png

- What I circled is the file size of the avy if I were to save it then and there. As you can see, it doesn't meet NT's rules.
- So, what can I do about this? You can either hit the "Compress By Size" option or you can manually adjust it yourself.

Compress By Size

sxopk7.png

- The circled icon you see at the top is the "Compress By Size" option. By clicking that, the "Compress By Size" window will pop up.
- The other circled item is what you use to adjust your avy's file size.
- Now I'm just guessing that 110kb will be fine with NT's rules. Why 110kb and not 150 like the rules allow us? Because Yuku for some odd reason addsweight to the file size. Only way to find out if it meets NT's rules is to actually upload it on NT as your avy and Right Click > Properties to see ifyou're in the clear. If not, then you have to lower the file size again.

166kark.png

- The circled up top is my file size if I were to save it now. As you can see, it's at 111,470 bytes. That's cool right now so I go to save it byclicking on the save option on the bottom right. Don't go to the toolbar and click File > Save and don't save by pressing CTRL+S because it'llsave your avy as a .uga or some other file type. We want it saved as a .gif.

To Manually Adjust File Size

okwked.png

- Play around with these settings to manually lower the file size.
[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]
**Just remember when you lower the file size, it'll lower the quality of the avy.**[/color]

kb7yj7.png

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]**[/color]JRose5[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)] informed methat he goes by 149289 bytes, not 145.79kb... so just be aware of that.**[/color]

And here's how the finished product looks:
n4h8q1.gif

How To Have Gradient Borders

9u9ff7.png

- Let's start at this point. I've already deleted every other frame, I did not crop my avy, resized my avy, and now I'm ready to add borders. Andas you can see, I'm using another video for my example.
- Decide what colors you want your borders to fade into. I'm going to choose yellow to black.

ilykj7.png

- Go select the "Text Tool" and click the avy to open up the "Text Entry Box".

2nbslco.png

- Click on the color option

b4ivwi.png

- Select what I cirlced to let the fading go from left to right.
- Where I labeled "1", choose your first color choice. My choice is yellow.
- Where I labeled "2", choose your second choice. My choice is black.
- Click "OK".

oiu8ax.png

- Next, change the font to something hella big. I changed it to "200".
- Then, go to the text box and type "_" (an underscore).
- Click "OK".

2wdplqx.png

- This is what you should have so far.
- The bar should already be selected... all you have to do is press CTRL+C to copy.
- Delete the bar from Ulead.
- Next step is to open Microsoft Paint.

5ycayw.png

- Make sure the canvas is smaller than what you're going to paste. A way to make sure is to press CTRL+E and change the width and height to 1x1.
- Click "OK".
- The result should be what I posted above.

11l0oxt.png

- Next, paste the bar that you copied from Ulead.
- Make sure you hit the "Magnifier" and select "6x" to zoom in.

w7otox.png

- As you can see, the edges of the bar need to be cleaned up.

e969f5.gif

- This is how you clean up the edges. Press CTRL+A and move it up and to the left. Then adjust the sides of the canvas to clean up the other two sides.
- Now that it's cleaned up, select all by pressing CTRL+A and copy by pressing CTRL+C. Don't exit Microsoft Paint just yet. You'll need it later.

2ytqxw7.png

- Paste by pressing CTRL+V in Ulead.
- Double click the bar to open up the "Object Properties" box. Go to "Position and Size" tab, adjust the Width" and"Height". I like the borders to be 100x3.
- Click "OK".
- Be sure the "Pick Tool" is selected.

29za2ra.png

- Now select the border. Copy it by pressing CTRL+C. Now paste by pressing CTRL+V.
- Use the now move the border from the top of the frame to the bottom of the frame by using the "arrow keys". (It's faster to hold down CTRL+downarrow.)
- Now you have two sides of the borders made. This is what you should have.

ksvpd.png

- Now go back to Microsoft Paint.
- In Paint, press CTRL+E to open up the "Attributes" window.
- Change the width to same as the height of your border in Ulead to make it the same thickness. I set my height to 3 earlier so I'm going to change mywidth to 3.
- Click "OK".

wir7sg.png

- This is what you should have. Remember, it looks that big that because I'm still zoomed in 6x.
- Now select all by pressing CTRL+A and copy by pressing CTRL+C. After you copied it, press CTRL+Z to undo your resize of the canvas.
- Go back to Ulead and paste by pressing CTRL+V.

2j1rcy8.png

- Double click what you pasted to get the "Object Properties" box to come up.
- Click on the "Position and Size" tab and change the "Height" to 100.
- Click "OK".

2ebcniu.png

- Now go back to Microsoft Paint.
- Right click and select "Flip/Rotate".

ao8aiw.png

- Click on "Rotate by angle" and click on "180".
- Click "OK".

28i287a.png

- This is what you should have so far. The bar should be flipped around... a "180" if you will.

34o6dqo.png

- Press CTRL+E to get the "Attributes" window to pop up.
- Change the width to same as the height of your border in Ulead to make it the same thickness. Remember, I changed it to 3 earlier so I'm going to changeit to 3 again.

16ga93s.png

- This is how it should look like.
- Now you're asking yourself, "Why did I have to turn it around?" The answer is because it's fading. You want the fading to be continuous. Itdoesn't really help with black, but if you're using different colors and maybe a thicker border, this'll make it look better.
- Now select all by pressing CTRL+A and copying by pressing CTRL+C.
- Go to Ulead.

95vtis.png

- In Ulead, paste by pressing CTRL+V.
- Double click it to get the "Object Properties" box to open up again.
- Click on the "Position and Size" tab and change the "Height" to 100.
- Using the arrow keys, move it the right side of the avy.

fel6wx.png

- This is how it should look like.
- Now just hold down CTRL and manually click on the 4 borders. When they are selected, press CTRL+C to copy them. Then highlight the frames you want to pastethem in. When you highlighted the frames, press CTRL+V to paste.

And here's how it turned out:
107nj11.gif

How to Fade to Black

- We're starting out where I already resizedthe avy to 100x100.

9gg22d.png

- Go to Paint and color the canvas black.
- Select all by pressing CTRL+A and copy by pressing CTRL+C.

2pskbj9.png

- Paste it in Ulead by pressing CTRL+V.
- Double click what you pasted to get the "Object Properties".

293vb7n.png

- Go to the "Position and Size" tab and resize the width and height to 100x100.
- Click "OK".

33xkkcg.png

- Now copy it and paste it to the frames you want to have fade.

2e0jq7o.png

- Go up to the icon where I circled and click it to have the black canvas move behind the avy. Now you have a black layer behind your avy.

4iifwk.png

- You should have your avy look like this now where nothing is obstructing it.

2v2in2f.png

- Now what we are going to do now is make the avy fade slowly to black. Double click the avy to get the "Object Properties" box. We're going touse the "Transparency" option. We'll change the transparency to 20.
- Click "OK".
- Then we go to the next frame. Double click the avy to get the "Object Properties" box and change the "Transparency" to 40.
- Click "OK".
- Next frame, double click it, get the "Object Properties" box and change the "Transparency" to 60.
- Click "OK".
- Go to the next frame and then change the "Transparency" to 80.
- Click "OK".

xav4p3.png

- This is how your frames should look like. I didn't change the transparency on the last frame on purpose.

2lc21eb.png

- Make sure you selected your last frame.
- Now click the icon that I circled here. That will let the black background that we set in the back to come forward. Now your avy's fading from 20% to 40%to 60% to 80% to 100%.
- ... and viola! You have your fading avy.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]** And you can mess around with the percentages. You can have it fade from 10% to 20% to30% to 40% and so forth. Do as you please. **[/color]

Here's the final product:
vwubrb.gif

To Add Emoticons in an Image

- Ok, first thing is to Right Click > Save As the emoticon you want. In your case, you want a "smokin" emoticon so right click and save it. Also,Right Click it again and then go to "Properties." A window will pop up and it will tell you how many frames that emoticon is. Remember that number.
- Open up Ulead and upload the image you want to use.

qpsdg4.png

- This is what you should have. Now click on the icon that I encircled. That'll duplicate the frames selected. Remember when I said to remember how manyframes the emoticon was? Duplicate the frame that many times so you'll have the same number of frames and the same number of frames for the emoticon.

2ltftqq.png

- Now click on this icon. It'll let you add images to your avy.
- Open up the emoticon you want to use.
- Align the emoticons to where you want it in your avy.

How to Make A Split Scene

- What you need to do is pick two scenes you want to join together but here's the hard part, make sure you make both scenes the same number of frames.
- When doing this, you want to have two Ulead programs running.
- It can get a little confusing because we're using two Ulead programs so I'm going to call the scene in middle "Main Scene" and the scenethat gets split "Secondary Scene" to avoid any confusion.

ridj4h.png

29f8n07.png

- As you can see, I chose two scenes and made them the same number of frames.

15n4pkh.png

30ndu6r.png

- Next thing you want to do is to make them "fit". You have 100x100 to work with. Both the main scene and secondary scenes should be resized. Widthshould read 100 and height should be resized to 50 on both.

2ppj9qf.png

- On the main scene, adjust the canvas to 100x100 and make sure you choose. For the position, make sure you click on the icon I circled.

l86dd.png

- This is what you should have so far.

i3gx91.png

- Now go to the secondary scene and go to change the canvas size.
- Make sure you change the height from 50 to 25.
- Where I labeled "1", click that icon, click OK, and then proceed to save it as a .gif (you're going to use it later). Name it anything and saveit to a folder so that you know where it is.
- Where I labeled "2", click that icon, click OK, and then proceed to save it as a .gif (you're going to use it later). Name it anything and saveit to a folder so that you know where it is.

dhbclc.png

- Now go to the main scene and click on this icon to insert an image. A window should pop up and go to the folder where you saved the split secondary scenes.
- Here, I named them "Delete 4" and "Delete 5".
- Open the bottom secondary scene.

zyapz6.png

- This is what you should have. Since this is the "bottom", I just select the bottom and just move it all the way down to the bottom of the avy. I dothat in Frame 1, then on to Frame 2, then Frame 3, and so on. I wish there was a faster way to do this but I don't know how to do it.
- When you have all the bottom parts moved to the bottom of the avy, then proceed to open up the top parts. You don't have to move anything in this step.

24c8qs9.png

- Here's what you should have. Now fix the time delay, optimize it, and save.

Here's the finished product.

s4qjc9.gif

Thanks to DUB253 for this tutorial on his effects on how to do his texteffects.

Okay here we go. This is a tutorial on how to do text effects like spinning, and enlarging.

1.) The first step is to make sure and copy your text at its full scale.

10442h5.jpg

2.) Next, take your text and use the
23r05sy.jpg
tool to shrink it down to a very small size.

ra2h5v.jpg

3.) In the top left of the screen you should see this tool
2d1ute0.jpg
. Use it to rotate your text.

4.) Now go to the next frame, and paste your previously copied text. Repeat steps 1 & 2, but this time make your text slightly larger, and at a differentangle. Continue this process until your text is at full scale.

2igcck6.jpg

Your final product should look similar to this:

2epizqc.gif

I tried my best, so hopefully I made sense.
laugh.gif
tired.gif

good stuff...

Archives we go!!

too bad mac users dont have ulead gif animator..

oh wait, i totally forgot i had a bootcamp partion!! BRRB!

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Soulja Boy...???
smh.gif
laugh.gif
, I was thinking about that too when I making this tutorial, but after making hella screenshots, you get lazy and forget what's in your harddrive. For all you know, I could have pr0n files being shown too
nerd.gif
. Oh and I have Soulja Boy because I made an avy for someone.

7bb15ce453f1ec717d58a15d69685cfc7843321_t.gif

Somebody neeeds to teach how to do this anlges on them avys and how to fade the borders? Hopefully picture tutorial
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

zwjfhc.jpg

Great job.

How do you crop Avys to different shapes (rounded edges etc.)? And how do you do special effects with the tag?

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

Somebody neeeds to teach how to do this anlges on them avys and how to fade the borders? Hopefully picture tutorial
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That's made with flash. Maybe Illmatic will make a tut one day. I doubt it though. NT would be filled with those avys. NT always has to %!@*% every newthing.
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
To make an avy like that, you'd have to go ask IllmaticSoulChild. Dude has a program, I forgot whatit's called, but yeah, with that program, you can make those kinds of avys.

And you want to know how to fade borders? Kinda like this?

n4uwp1.gif

I make them through Ulead, I'll add it in this tutorial later.

ohwell.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Isnt that from MacroMedia??

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

ohwell.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
To make an avy like that, you'd have to go ask IllmaticSoulChild. Dude has a program, I forgot what it's called, but yeah, with that program, you can make those kinds of avys.

And you want to know how to fade borders? Kinda like this?

n4uwp1.gif

I make them through Ulead, I'll add it in this tutorial later.

yep like that good $*+% blud if you can.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but !%%+ it ima stay with square avys no angles on mine
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

How do you crop Avys to different shapes (rounded edges etc.)? And how do you do special effects with the tag?
Different shaped edges kinda like this one?

24zlsfd.gif

I'll explain it another day.

The special effects with the tags too... I'll update this thread later explaining those.

Back
Top Bottom