Nintendo 3DS to drop their price from 249.99 to 169.99, effective August 12th

Originally Posted by NobleKane

ok so i have a few questions about the 3ds.

can you play regular dsi games on this system? like if you have a whole library of ds games is the 3ds backwards compatible?

also you are going to be able to stream netflix?

also anything else this 3ds does that the old dsi does not?

I almost picked up a second Nintendo DS the some weeks back because it's this store in the mall that's selling them, game boy advances and game boy advance SP's..Might look into getting this new release though, but I don't know.

Like someone else has said I wouldn't play outside of the house.

Can someone explain to me what's the difference between the regular nintendo DS and the nintendo DSI, I've never heard of the the DSI?

i wonder how much the ds xl will be? i already have the og ds, ds lite, and dsi. nintendo fan checking in

will be copping the ds xl for collecting purposes, perhaps the 3ds as well

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

I almost picked up a second Nintendo DS the some weeks back because it's this store in the mall that's selling them, game boy advances and game boy advance SP's..Might look into getting this new release though, but I don't know.

Like someone else has said I wouldn't play outside of the house.

Can someone explain to me what's the difference between the regular nintendo DS and the nintendo DSI, I've never heard of the the DSI?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

^^ the dsi has larger screens, two cameras, ( one rear facing, one front ) and the ability to download

dsiware games, and no gba slot

they recalled the black 3ds maybe thats why the price drop

there was a problem with the way its constructed the hinge gets loose or something

Originally Posted by dnaisdaillest

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

still would not cop 3d gimmick device
still is waiting for ps vita
This. I wonder if this will have any effect on the ps vita and its pricing. I'm sure sony has to be watching this.

at 250 bucks what does the ps vita have to offer? this is a serious question by the way as i am looking for a new portable gaming device...

I already own a 3DS so i'm happy that they are offering something to the people that bought it before they reduce the price.
I might even buy another one since I read they are coming out with a red color around christmas time packaged with the new Mario Kart game.

If you do buy the 3DS I STRONGLY recommend you get Zelda and Street Fighter IV. Those games make use of the 3D effect perfectly.

In the Zelda game it makes everything pop out so much and since they moved most of the controls to the bottom screen you can appreciate most of the scenery in great 3d, this game is what maked the 3DS stand out.

Street Fighter has an over the shoulder mode that when the 3D is turned on it looks amazing. It's really as if the projectiles are coming out of the screen and the online play is simple and there is basically no lag with quick matches.

For the person who asked about the Netflix, yes you can stream any movie that you can normally stream on your PC or console. I'm waiting for them to make use of the 3D effect which I heard they will be.

Overall the 3DS is a great device so I don't know why so much hate for it.

Originally Posted by ed2trey

^^ the dsi has larger screens, two cameras, ( one rear facing, one front ) and the ability to download

dsiware games, and no gba slot
Oh ok.

and I forgot the nintendo ds had a gameboy advance slot........

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

I already own a 3DS so i'm happy that they are offering something to the people that bought it before they reduce the price.
I might even buy another one since I read they are coming out with a red color around christmas time packaged with the new Mario Kart game.

If you do buy the 3DS I STRONGLY recommend you get Zelda and Street Fighter IV. Those games make use of the 3D effect perfectly.

In the Zelda game it makes everything pop out so much and since they moved most of the controls to the bottom screen you can appreciate most of the scenery in great 3d, this game is what maked the 3DS stand out.

Street Fighter has an over the shoulder mode that when the 3D is turned on it looks amazing. It's really as if the projectiles are coming out of the screen and the online play is simple and there is basically no lag with quick matches.

For the person who asked about the Netflix, yes you can stream any movie that you can normally stream on your PC or console. I'm waiting for them to make use of the 3D effect which I heard they will be.

I own a 3ds and I can say THERE ARE NO GAMES FOR IT. Street fighter 4 and Legend of zelda are just remakes for the 3ds that everyone has played already. The console is suffering hard from the lack of games till November. I'm playing DS games on mine when I should be playing 3D games

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Smartphones and ipod touches will be replaces hand held gaming mark my words.
agree 
with people copping smartphones,ipod's,ipad's/tablets their is just no room for these hand held gaming systems anymore IMO

and the psp vita will fail because their still trying to bring that whole "console in the palm of your hands concept" but they don't realize no one wants that 

because most people prefer to play console type games at home or their HD/3D TV's with their surround sound not some tiny $!@ screen with 3 hour battery life

Originally Posted by dnaisdaillest

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

still would not cop 3d gimmick device
still is waiting for ps vita
This. I wonder if this will have any effect on the ps vita and its pricing. I'm sure sony has to be watching this.

at 250 bucks what does the ps vita have to offer? this is a serious question by the way as i am looking for a new portable gaming device...

Touchscreen on the front
Touchpad on the back
front/rear cameras
motion sensors
3G (certain models) & GPS
"Cross-play" which allows you to start a game(certain games only) on your ps3 & continue playing on your vita
its supposedly as powerful as the ps3, so it should have a lot of good games and not just the the usually mobile ports they do for handheld gaming devices
& some other stuff i dont remember right now

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I own a 3ds and I can say THERE ARE NO GAMES FOR IT. Street fighter 4 and Legend of zelda are just remakes for the 3ds that everyone has played already. The console is suffering hard from the lack of games till November. I'm playing DS games on mine when I should be playing 3D games
well if i could play ds games on it i wouldnt even mind

But I already have a ds so I wouldnt have gotten this. You do not buy a Wii to play gamecube games

This is a huge price drop if it happens. Im skeptical until I read it on gaming sites. Even thought the Vita will be more powerful and have more games Sony is effed again. 170$ vs 250$ what do you think will sell better? The Vita needs a price drop asap
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But I already have a ds so I wouldnt have gotten this. You do not buy a Wii to play gamecube games
yeah i feel you, but i said to me it wouldnt matter, cus im not a gamer anymore.....so as long as it can play ds games i'd be fine, i thought it couldnt play no other games but the few ones that were made for the DSI......i could see someone having a problem with that, but as long as their are other options....I'd be cool.

you can but the battery drains faster than a droid phone 
laugh.gif

also there is a long complaint threads about how the 3DS lower screen scratches the upper screen

Originally Posted by sole vintage

you can but the battery drains faster than a droid phone 
laugh.gif

also there is a long complaint threads about how the 3DS lower screen scratches the upper screen
you mean the iphone? cus the iphones battery life is craptastic.

Originally Posted by All Ready

still won't cop

drop it to $149 and i'm in

Drop to $129 and I'm in.
the price for the games on the 3DS is ridiculous. 

it's not parent friendly. ($40 is too much for a hand-held game) 

Back
Top Bottom