Nintendo 3DS to drop their price from 249.99 to 169.99, effective August 12th

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Nintendo 3DS Price Drops to $169.99 and New 3D Games Come Together[/h1]
Posted on July 28, 2011 by Julie

Redmond, WA – Nintendo of America today announced plans to drop the suggested retail price of its portable Nintendo 3DS[sup][emoji]8482[/emoji][/sup] system to $169.99 in the United States, as new games based on some of the world’s most beloved video game franchises head to the system. The new price, down from the suggested launch price of $249.99 and effective Aug. 12, makes an outstanding value even better and sets up a strong holiday season for the system.

“For anyone who was on the fence about buying a Nintendo 3DS, this is a huge motivation to buy now,

Will cop when my financial aid comes in
pimp.gif

I figured this meant bad sales. 3ds is okay but that price was absurd. I wanna cop n get pokemon but I know I would never play outside my house

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

I figured this meant bad sales. 3ds is okay but that price was absurd. I wanna cop n get pokemon but I know I would never play outside my house

Why not get a DSi? 

Originally Posted by FallenGodofWar

Why not get a DSi? 

I like new stuff.... Smh at myself but I'm honest. Dsi is cool but in the event that I bought one now (with a new system being out) I am sure nintendo would throw a curve ball my way n make a game I would want for 3ds.

Honestly not even enough games that I'm interested in to get me to buy one of these for more than 100 bucks

Anyway, the price of the 3DS is dropping to $169.99 (15,000 Yen, 250 AUD, ~£130, 169 EUR) on August 12th. If you register your 3DS before this date, you will get the following games on Virtual Console free on September 1st:

10 NES games (otherwise around $3 each I think?) including:
  1. Super Mario Bros.
  2. Donkey Kong Jr.
  3. Balloon Fight
  4. Ice Climbers
  5. The Legend of Zelda
10 GBA games (exclusive to this promotion) including:
  1. Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
  2. Mario Kart Advance
  3. Metroid Fusion
  4. WarioWare
  5. Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Best Time to Buy a 3DS? Now:
  1. Purchase a 3DS over the next week or two.
  2. Register the 3DS on Club Nintendo and connect to the eShop at least once on your system before August 11th for the free games.
  3. Go back to the store with your receipt to get a price protection after the 12th and before return period is up (check store policy first).
Thats my plan

Why not get a DSi? 

I like new stuff.... Smh at myself but I'm honest. Dsi is cool but in the event that I bought one now (with a new system being out) I am sure nintendo would throw a curve ball my way n make a game I would want for 3ds.

Understandable. 
I just refuse to fall for nintendo's bs anymore. (Don't ask I'm not telling)

the 3ds is awesome, i don't see why everyone's always bashing it, the 3d effect is nice. this is a great

move by nintendo to get more people to buy a 3ds, 20 free downloadable games sounds great, once the

big games start coming out i think alot of people will start changing their tune about the 3ds

Why not get a DSi? 

Understandable. 
grin.gif
 damn u baited me Aries now I wanna know.....
laugh.gif

3ds will eventually get copped most likely off of craigslist tho. I been seeing these things go for below retail for a good while now.... Although knowing Nintendo I will almost guarantee there will be a new better (longer battery, thinner, more efficient) 3ds dropping within the next year they be on that same steez as apple

I wanna agree with whoever said ipods and smart phones will replace portable gaming in the near future but I still think we got a hwile the best games out require buttons. I have an ipad and although deadspace was fun on it I still felt the need for buttons most of the time, touch screen devices are still very limited in terms of gaming. Trust me no REAL GAMER wants to play madden or any other really addictive game on an touch interface device. 

I would challenge the idea and say that more portable gaming will be aimed at the cell phone market within the coming years. 3ds and that new psp are a definite step in the right direction
pimp.gif

Understandable. 
grin.gif
 damn u baited me Aries now I wanna know.....
laugh.gif
Simply put... I'm tired of the nostalgia whoring and the terrible 3rd Party support. I'll end up buying 4 games for that (2 of those probably being pokemon) and then it will collect dust like my Wii and GC before it

• Buy it for $250 at Best Buy.
  • Register it with Nintendo
  • Price match at Best Buy after price drop
  • Still get free stuff.

ok so i have a few questions about the 3ds.

can you play regular dsi games on this system? like if you have a whole library of ds games is the 3ds backwards compatible?

also you are going to be able to stream netflix?

also anything else this 3ds does that the old dsi does not?

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

still would not cop 3d gimmick device
still is waiting for ps vita
This. I wonder if this will have any effect on the ps vita and its pricing. I'm sure sony has to be watching this.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

ok so i have a few questions about the 3ds.

can you play regular dsi games on this system? like if you have a whole library of ds games is the 3ds backwards compatible?

also you are going to be able to stream netflix?

also anything else this 3ds does that the old dsi does not?
Yes. The slot is almost identical to the one on the DSi. Nintendo is gold when it comes to backwards compatible. They always take care of their huge following.
Yes. Netflix arrived on the 3DS not too long ago. I believe they're still working on bringing 3D movies to the handheld though..

3DS - 3D, gyroscope, accelerometer, larger downloadable library (3DS can download NES and GB games), mp3 player, 3D pictures, thumb pad, street pass, in game notepad/home screen accessible. 

Originally Posted by dnaisdaillest

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

still would not cop 3d gimmick device
still is waiting for ps vita
This. I wonder if this will have any effect on the ps vita and its pricing. I'm sure sony has to be watching this.

I dont think so, if they sell it any cheaper they'll be taking a loss on each unit sold if their not already by selling it for $250. I seriously hope they dont charge some redicious prices for vita games tho.

Back
Top Bottom