Nintendo Switch Give Away for Minneapolis [DEADLINE: JULY 17th] [DRAWING: 7/18 7PM PST]

Hey NT,

I hope you and your loved ones are doing well and staying safe. I haven't posted for a while, but NT has showed me a great deal of love over the years and I'd like to pay it forward.

As my bio has said since I made this account, I’m from Minneapolis. A lot has happened over the past month. We have record unemployment numbers, a global pandemic, and all of the events leading up to and following the death of George Floyd (RIP). Many businesses here have been damaged, looted, and destroyed. There will need to be an extensive cleanup and investment effort to help rebuild the whole city.

Thankfully, my part of the city has seen a lot of support in terms of donations and media coverage. Unfortunately, not every part of the city has been as lucky. As beautiful as Minneapolis can be, it is also a city of disparities. Nowhere is that more apparent than North Minneapolis. While nonprofits like the Lake Street Council have hit their fundraising goals, nonprofits like the West Broadway Coalition are still trying to hit their fundraising goals.

That’s why I’ve chosen to hold a raffle with the help of @M3XRFW to raise money for the West Broadway Coalition. I am not personally collecting donations, and there will be no minimum required to enter the raffle. A winner will be picked approximately two weeks from now in mid July to give people a chance to get paid. The fundraiser (https://giving.onecause.com/public/...s/c60e5030-69ce-4853-8b11-4727da5054ad/donate) is linked on their home page (click the "Restore North" graphic here: http://westbroadway.org/)

BB929495-ECDC-4F79-9D89-35F2BE01D1DC.jpeg

Last edited:
Rules Post

Because people are scrupulous...

3673B411-354A-4F78-B577-234CA80D5189.gif

...there will be some rules.
  1. You will need to provide proof of donation. Feel free to block personal and financial info, but your email will need to be included in the screenshot to enter. You can post in thread or send me a PM if you prefer to donate privately.

2. There will be no duplicate entries. This is in order to be fair to those who are experiencing financial hardship. One username/email, one entry.

3. I am in no way affiliated with WBC. You can feel free to call them to ask about their organization (they are linked here), but they are in no way sponsoring this give away. I am simply raffling off a Nintendo Switch to a lucky NTer that provides proof of donation, no purchase necessary.

4. The raffle will be randomized. All emails will be added to a spreadsheet and assigned a number. A random number (using random.org) will be generated Live via Twitch stream thanks to Roderick Kingsley Roderick Kingsley Support a fellow NTer by subscribing to her Twitch by using the link or searching “Teenachu”
  5. Your account must be at least a month old.

6. That’s it! The winner will be emailed immediately following the live stream event and will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received, we will repeat step 4.

Concerns!

The spreadsheet will be audited. M3XRFW and I will share a Google spreadsheet that will track changes. He can also validate the winning number corresponds with the correct email.

Proof of Switch purchase is below. I will also post a picture once I pick it up (pics or it didn’t happen.)

If there are any questions, feel free to post!

548B80AF-B376-481C-A544-A6FB42939BAA.jpeg

Last edited:
Gave a 25 bucks, it’s almost at 50% already. :pimp:

my boy has a restaurant over there, luckily he’s good.

Attachments

• FE4D1C68-5D40-45A8-9F40-D8B62D37ECDE.jpeg
    FE4D1C68-5D40-45A8-9F40-D8B62D37ECDE.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 75
Gave a 25 bucks, it’s almost at 50% already. :pimp:

my boy has a restaurant over there, luckily he’s good.

Thank you! Please remember to send email. What’s the name of the restaurant? If it’s still open for take out I’ll definitely support it

Just saw this thread for the 1st time. Great job getting the word out. Amazing how much has been raised so far!

E15321A4-A85B-4400-AD02-36CB6956C12D.jpeg

Thank you!! Doing a little bit to help out since we’re stuck at home. Amazing to see that number climb :pimp:

Overjoyed to participate. Also I'm born and raised in south Minneapolis. I'd love to donate and plug as there are a few of us on NT that live here.

Donated :smile:

Attachments

• A1D4FD69-9B48-4548-851C-F9728BF5187E.png
    A1D4FD69-9B48-4548-851C-F9728BF5187E.png
    493.5 KB · Views: 122
Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 8.29.47 AM.png
we in here b, les get it!!!

Is posting our screenshot sufficient? Or u want us to actually send an email?

Thank you for your donation!!! A screenshot is fine, but you can PM to keep your email address private. Your email will not be shared by us and will only be used to contact you if you win a prize. If you post it publicly, we are not responsible for any unsavory emails that make it to your inbox.

Overjoyed to participate. Also I'm born and raised in south Minneapolis. I'd love to donate and plug as there are a few of us on NT that live here.

SOUTHSIDE WE OUTSIDE :pimp:

Shoutout ohsnaps :nerd:

Thank you to everyone who has donated and helped out! Will be posting an update regarding time soon.

One thing that has constantly come up is that many NTers no longer use this site. In order to help get the word out, this give away is also being posted on Social Media, so don't be concerned if you see a post about it on your Twitter or Instagram. All of the same rules apply :smile:

Hey Everyone,

I just want to take a moment to give everyone a sincere thanks. Every donation counts, and I truly appreciate everyone who has helped my city - even those that have made donations and asked not to be added to the raffle.

I have some updates!

1. We officially have a Raffle Day. Our very own Roderick Kingsley Roderick Kingsley will be hosting the drawing on her Twitch channel (https://www.twitch.tv/teenachu) on the weekend of July 18th. The deadline to enter the raffle will be July 17th so that we have time to add any last minute donors to the spreadsheet. We will announce the time closer to the drawing.

2. There will be consolation prizes! Thanks to the generosity of mecks mecks , a couple NTers that don't win the Switch will have a chance to win a custom NTLA shirt along with some other goodies:
    F056086D-6991-4801-A79A-2D71D8B8FEF6.jpeg
  3. That's it! If you haven't already donated, please consider doing so. It's going to a good cause and you might get an early Christmas gift :pimp:

Good luck with the fundraising!
A0346619-D1F5-413B-9915-13B888B8F55B.png

Thank you for your support! You've been added to the spreadsheet :smile:

Last edited:
Hey y’all,

Hope everyone is doing well! Just wanted to send an update to let everyone know that the drawing is officially scheduled for this Saturday, July 18th at 7PM Pacific.

The deadline to enter into the drawing is this Friday, July 17th. Good luck to everyone, and looking forward to seeing you on Twitch on Saturday. :pimp:

Thank you to everyone who has donated and helped out, and hope you and your loved ones are stay safe!

Back
Top Bottom