• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I think my kids 6/5 are ready to take the next step to playform gaming. Should I wait for this OLED Switch or just call it a day with a regular one?

And for anybody with little ones the same age, any recommendations on games and accessories?

So I think my kids 6/5 are ready to take the next step to playform gaming. Should I wait for this OLED Switch or just call it a day with a regular one?

And for anybody with little ones the same age, any recommendations on games and accessories?
My son started with the switch/ PS4. He is pretty bias towards the switch. Games like Mario Odyssey and Mario Deluxe have really helped him to grow into a gamer.

My son is currently 4. I think he started gaming at 2.5

My son started with the switch/ PS4. He is pretty bias towards the switch. Games like Mario Odyssey and Mario Deluxe have really helped him to grow into a gamer.

My son is currently 4. I think he started gaming at 2.5

I underestimated kids then:lol: I remember getting an NES when I was 7 so that was my barometer but then I saw my two tearing it up on a few mobile games on my wife’s iPad, so I figured now was the time. May need to dabble in those Mario games myself too.

With the oled version not even out yet, I guess it just comes down to if that’s even necessary if this’ll predominantly be connected to the tv in their playroom.

I underestimated kids then:lol: I remember getting an NES when I was 7 so that was my barometer but then I saw my two tearing it up on a few mobile games on my wife’s iPad, so I figured now was the time. May need to dabble in those Mario games myself too.

With the oled version not even out yet, I guess it just comes down to if that’s even necessary if this’ll predominantly be connected to the tv in their playroom.
I was a gamer growing up so I like being able to share that hobby with my son.

We eventually had to limit screentime because I mightve gone a little too far when he was 3. So far my son and I have beat Mario Odyssey, Deluxe, and Spiderman for PS4 together. He also plays Bowser's Fury

We run quite a few matches of power rangers battle for the grid together still.

I almost always say get the latest and greatest if you can but I have a year 1 switch still holding strong. Either is a good choice as far as pick ups.

From my understanding there is no spec advantage other than the bigger and better screen with the old version.

Got my nephew a switch for his 5th bday 2 years ago. He mainly plays ftp games like apex, rocket league and fortnite even tho I’ve gotten him other games like Pokémon tournament, Mario odyssey recently doom eternal. Don’t under estimate kids :lol:

If get the online service you’ll get NES and SNES virtual condole so they can play some games you grew up on

Mario Odyssey and 3D World they’ll probably enjoy
Mario Kart is always fun and accessible
All the Mario sport games really
Animal Crossing there isn’t much action but it’s very accessible

Last edited:

If its for your kids mainly then they wont appreciate it.

Get the regular or a lite

I assume they'll like the Animal Crossing and Pokemon games.

For what its worth, that's what my niece likes. She also loves Smash Bros despite constantly losing to me.

Came across this a couple of weeks ago.

Looks like a carbon copy of Hollow Knight :lol:.

And that’s ok with me. I believe the devs themselves said that they were inspired from HK. Team Cherry have their nod of approval too. My brother is more interested in this than HK. I just hope they actually have music that plays while exploring. That is one of the biggest gripes about HK.

And that’s ok with me. I believe the devs themselves said that they were inspired from HK. Team Cherry have their nod of approval too. My brother is more interested in this than HK. I just hope they actually have music that plays while exploring. That is one of the biggest gripes about HK.
Yeah I will be checking it out for sure, I'm not hating :lol:. I loved the way the music was in Hollow Knight. Really added to the atmosphere imo.

Yeah I will be checking it out for sure, I'm not hating :lol:. I loved the way the music was in Hollow Knight. Really added to the atmosphere imo.
That's what a lot of people say but I prefer the older style of games like Castlevania where you had tunes playing in the background. It's also one of my gripes with BotW :lol:

Hearing nothing and then...boom. Action music! Adds the tension and magic.
I agree to an extent. Music makes the adventure better, imo. I can’t play BotW for longs periods of time cause I get bored. HK was different because it’s just a better game :lol:

I agree to an extent. Music makes the adventure better, imo. I can’t play BotW for longs periods of time cause I get bored. HK was different because it’s just a better game :lol:

This is ridiculous

I will say this though - if I put another 40 hours into HK it may move up to top 10 of all time.

But that doesn't matter when BoTW is top 3

Ricky D Ricky D Unless I'm tripping there is background music while you're playing Hollow Knight though right? The boss encounters blast the music but I'm pretty sure each area's theme is still always playing softly while you're there.

Queens Gardens and City of Tears themes are :pimp: :pimp:.

This is ridiculous

I will say this though - if I put another 40 hours into HK it may move up to top 10 of all time.

But that doesn't matter when BoTW is top 3
Hollow Knight might be in my top 3. Might even be top 1 for real :lol:. Playing it the first time, I hadn't had that sense of wonder since I was a kid. I put like 80 hours into almost consecutive playthroughs. It was the first metroidvania I ever played and easily vaulted metroidvania into my favorite game genre.

Hollow Knight might be in my top 3. Might even be top 1 for real :lol:. Playing it the first time, I hadn't had that sense of wonder since I was a kid. I put like 80 hours into almost consecutive playthroughs. It was the first metroidvania I ever played and easily vaulted metroidvania into my favorite game genre.

Yeah the game is incredible man. Had me feeling like a kid too. And once you get into the lore it is even better.

Ricky D Ricky D Unless I'm tripping there is background music while you're playing Hollow Knight though right? The boss encounters blast the music but I'm pretty sure each area's theme is still always playing softly while you're there.

Queens Gardens and City of Tears themes are :pimp: :pimp:.
You’re probably right but because the music is so low, I probably don’t remember it. I just know the boss themes go hard.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is still GOAT for me but HK is definitely top 3-5.

You’re probably right but because the music is so low, I probably don’t remember it. I just know the boss themes go hard.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is still GOAT for me but HK is definitely top 3-5.
SOTN is the only Castlevania I've played and it's a classic for sure. I'm waiting for the Castlevania GBA collection to drop so I can dive into the others.

SOTN is the only Castlevania I've played and it's a classic for sure. I'm waiting for the Castlevania GBA collection to drop so I can dive into the others.
I haven’t played the GBA games but the DS game games are top tier too. A lot will argue that they’re better than SotN.

Back
Top Bottom