• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im not even gonna front i had to look up some tips about this game cause they dont really explain anything. Game is so deep and i only played for a few hours. Havent even went in the mines yet.

Fishing is hard as hell

Haven't had to look up anything yet, but damn it's too many activities to do in the day :lol: I been mainly going in the mines, and doing odd jobs, but still farming a bit.

SV is too addicting :lol:, but fishing is very lucrative in the early game. There's also a multiplayer update coming soon which should be cool.

I only wish I bought it last week. Coulda gotten through so many podcasts while I was home from work :lol: gotta get through em during work now

Yeah I got it when I bought my switch and it took me awhile to get into botw cuz that dam game. There's too much to do and not enough hours in a day :lol:

Yea i didnt really farm all spring trying to figure stuff out but now in summer i got a nice little thing started. I spent all spring clearing the farm and stockpiling wood and supplies

Yea i didnt really farm all spring trying to figure stuff out but now in summer i got a nice little thing started. I spent all spring clearing the farm and stockpiling wood and supplies

With content updates, this really might be the perfect Switch game. You can literally play it every way effectively.

Only problem I've seen is ppl saying after 1yr it's highly repetitive

Yea but for $15 its already worth it for the hours ive put in. And you can start the game over and play a completely different way if you want.

Im enjoying my little switch library. Splatoon 2 is enjoyable as well and my girls been playing that too. Wack theres no local coop tho.

Same. I started over after getting a hang of it in my first play through since summer is when you can make cash with blueberries.

I set up shop and fish by the cave since there's usually good fish there and you can go mining if you choose. Plus it's not that far from the spa.

i honestly was going to sell my wii u to gamestop...but they stopped it because i don't have the sensor bar it came with.
my wii u has smash bros u and splatoon on it and a save with champions road from 3d world (and of course saves of everything like wooly world 100%ed). so to me it was worth more than the 85ish i would have gotten.
kinda feel like they did me a favor.

until there is a way to transfer saves i think i'll chill. all my mario maker levels are on that wii u too and i don't know how i feel about never having access to them again. i made some pretty cool levels such as:

i honestly was going to sell my wii u to gamestop...but they stopped it because i don't have the sensor bar it came with.
my wii u has smash bros u and splatoon on it and a save with champions road from 3d world (and of course saves of everything like wooly world 100%ed). so to me it was worth more than the 85ish i would have gotten.

until there is a way to transfer saves i think i'll chill. all my mario maker levels are on that wii u too and i don't know how i feel about never having access to them again. i made some pretty cool levels such as:

U is really a smash hit in retrospect. If Nintendo managed it correctly it woulda had so much success. Highlighted by the early holes in the Switch, which has me currently looking at Wii U's :lol:

I got this game for Christmas but I don't have my U with me right now. I'll play these levels once I get the chance

word, thanks. bodacious is hard as hell and only has just enough time to complete it...it was intended to be like part of a special world "pack" of levels i did around the time i decided to stop creating levels.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/debsoe?type=posted#type-selector

if you want to start out with something easier/typical in a mario game start out with rock candy. all my levels are traditional though so any of them should be fine.

As much as I would rather push my fellow Wii-U owners to get themselves a Switch ASAP..............I don't think I would ever suggest getting rid of their Wii-Us in the process.

Now trading in MK 8 on the Wii-U for the MK8 DX version on the Switch, yeah I can endorse that. And to an extent, maybe even trading in the old Wii-U Splat 1 for the current Switch Splat 2. But your entire Wii-U console itself............nah, not yet.

Virtual Console is still a damn question mark and with more silence and some "rumors" of another additional delay, I'd hold onto the Wii-U for VC alone.

Then of course the "Smash equation" has yet to be answered for the Switch........so you know holding on to the Wii-U for Smash is also a no-brainer as well. Same can be said for Mario Maker.

Look, I've given Wii-U a ton of **** since the Switch started booming in success (mostly due to Wii-U's poor release 1st party titles and lackluster marketing), but ****.......I wouldn't get rid of it. If you have a Wii-U, don't give that **** up. Hell, I haven't given up my old white Wii console from back in 2005.......and lord knows nobody plays on that thing anymore UNLESS you're in a retirement home forced to play Wii Sports for rehab OR you love to replay Super Mario Galaxy on a monthly basis (although most people replay Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 on the CEMU emulators now).

TL;DR: Don't give up your Wii-U console, even if you play your Nintendo Switch more.

As much as I would rather push my fellow Wii-U owners to get themselves a Switch ASAP..............I don't think I would ever suggest getting rid of their Wii-Us in the process.

Now trading in MK 8 on the Wii-U for the MK8 DX version on the Switch, yeah I can endorse that. And to an extent, maybe even trading in the old Wii-U Splat 1 for the current Switch Splat 2. But your entire Wii-U console itself............nah, not yet.

Virtual Console is still a damn question mark and with more silence and some "rumors" of another additional delay, I'd hold onto the Wii-U for VC alone.

Then of course the "Smash equation" has yet to be answered for the Switch........so you know holding on to the Wii-U for Smash is also a no-brainer as well. Same can be said for Mario Maker.

Look, I've given Wii-U a ton of **** since the Switch started booming in success (mostly due to Wii-U's poor release 1st party titles and lackluster marketing), but ****.......I wouldn't get rid of it. If you have a Wii-U, don't give that **** up. Hell, I haven't given up my old white Wii console from back in 2005.......and lord knows nobody plays on that thing anymore UNLESS you're in a retirement home forced to play Wii Sports for rehab OR you love to replay Super Mario Galaxy on a monthly basis (although most people replay Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 on the CEMU emulators now).

TL;DR: Don't give up your Wii-U console, even if you play your Nintendo Switch more.

Can you suggest buying one?

Can you suggest buying one?

Depends really.........if it is for a certain Wii-U game, yes.

If it is for Breath of the Wild or Mario Kart 8, **** OUTTA HERE.......get the Switch, both games are on there. (Same can be said for the Bayonetta games, since they're getting ported to the Switch in Feb. with the 3rd game coming soon)

If you want a mainline 3D Mario title, hell no on a Wii-U.........Super Mario Odyssey is better than all the Mario games on that platform with exception to Super Mario Maker which is in control of the fanbase community themselves.

Depends really.........if it is for a certain Wii-U game, yes.

If it is for Breath of the Wild or Mario Kart 8, **** OUTTA HERE.......get the Switch, both games are on there.

If you want a mainline 3D Mario title, hell no on a Wii-U.........Super Mario Odyssey is better than all the Mario games on that platform with exception to Super Mario Maker which is in control of the fanbase community themselves.

Well yea cut out all the Switch games you know I got those :lol:

I just hate how Switch owners (not particularly in this thread) want EVERY Wii U game ported over to the Switch. That's just not fair. For those that will want to sell their U, it would be essentially worthless then.

I still have my Wii to play all the classic GameCube games.

I just hate how Switch owners (not particularly in this thread) want EVERY Wii U game ported over to the Switch. That's just not fair. For those that will want to sell their U, it would be essentially worthless then.

I still have my Wii to play all the classic GameCube games.

I just want an honest (at least rough) roadmap of what else they're bringing over.

What else are you mad about the Nintendo Switch reddit :lol::rofl:

J/k :tongue::tongue:

Nintendo should port more Wii U games to the Switch.

Only a few deserve their Switch ports......Mario Maker in particular.

I think Smash on the Switch should just be a new game in the franchise, but there will be a lot of decisions to be made on the roster size in order for that to happen (considering Smash for the Wii-U/3DS basically had a historical number of characters).

I would not be against a Switch port of the Wii-U version of the game, but I feel it would provide a disservice for that game and the Switch if they just copy/paste the Wii-U version onto the Switch without anything new............and "anything new" added to the Wii-U version WOULD NOT be enough to satisfy itself as a "DX version" for a Switch port.

Any other Wii-U game outside of Mario Maker especially, they should come to the Switch as an actual sequel to their Wii-U version......not a port. Like what Splatoon 2 did, not every Wii-U game needs to be ported over as a DX version of their original.

Back
Top Bottom