• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^^^I like the controller. Vibration is the only thing missing for me. I would recommend anyone pick it up at that steal of a price.

Just saw the Pokémon bundle on Amazon Japan and apparently it doesn’t come with both games digitally. It comes just as a base switch. Iono if that’s gonna fly in America.

New joycons too

EA61562D-0B45-4225-B179-9253416B556F.jpeg
23FF3AA0-2C58-4556-A04A-0DB11B6B0BA0.jpeg

I wonder if the new battery will be available on the aftermarket, and if it's compatible with "old" Switches. Battery replacement isn't terribly difficult.

ok...i'll wait until august to get a switch then. my Mario maker 2 levels will have to wait.
I will be picking up luigi's mansion. not sure about Yoshi since it looked...like a step back from wooly world.
I don't "get" smash...somebody would have to teach it to me.

ok...i'll wait until august to get a switch then. my Mario maker 2 levels will have to wait.
I will be picking up luigi's mansion. not sure about Yoshi since it looked...like a step back from wooly world.
You don’t need to be good at Smash to have fun playing it

That’s the beauty of it compared to traditional fighting games

You don’t need to be good at Smash to have fun playing it

That’s the beauty of it compared to traditional fighting games
na. I don't like not being nice.
if I play I have to dominate. weird but its just how I work when it comes to games in general.
i'd probably be better off copping a traditional fighting game like dbfighterz.

I tried smash back on the wiiu (and on every other Nintendo system since 64 lol) and still don't get it. one day though...

^ This.
I don't have to win every game but I can't enjoy a game that I know I'm going to lose at 10/10 times. I have to have a chance bruh :lol:

debso debso

One thing I notice with ppl that don't get Smash, especially OG traditional FGC players, is basically the learning curve in learning & mastering each and every specific player in a Smash game is a lot more DEEPER than learning & mastering characters in a traditional fighting game.

With most traditional fighting games, YES every character has a different specific type of skill and toolset, but from the overall gameplay sense......the ability to move, jab, hop, and activate most combo strings are still relatively the same through all the characters in 90% of most traditional fighting games (even 3D fighters like Tekken).

Smash Bros. on the other hand, EVERY CHARACTER MOVES DIFFERENTLY THAN EACH OTHER. Mario has a different way of moving, Pikachu has a different way of moving, Link has a different way of moving, Fox has a different way of moving, etc.

So people learning Smash Bros. for the first time, they tend to get overwhelmed in terms of learning to "master a character" b/c of having to learn all the basic movement features of the character they want to play, which is what you need to learn in order to master their combo strings and punish games. And each character is dramatically different, even the characters with specific shared archetypes (the Fire Emblem swordies) have different movement characteristics you have to master as well.

At the same time as learning the basic movement and skills of a character in Smash, you also have to be able to read your opponent and all the other basic defensive neutral game essentials from other fighting games.

In contrast to traditional fighting games, you mostly have to study a specific character' combo strings and punish games while relying on "footsies" and reading your opponent to succeed since once again.....most characters in those fighting games don't have many different movement characteristics from one another.

And I describe this from the perspective of someone that only plays competitive Smash at house parties.......not local tournaments :lol:

Last edited:
One thing I notice with ppl that don't get Smash, especially OG traditional FGC players, is basically the learning curve in learning & mastering each and every specific player in a Smash game is a lot more DEEPER than learning & mastering characters in a traditional fighting game.

With most traditional fighting games, YES every character has a different specific type of skill and toolset, but from the overall gameplay sense......the ability to move, jab, hop, and activate most combo strings are still relatively the same through all the characters in 90% of most traditional fighting games (even 3D fighters like Tekken).

Smash Bros. on the other hand, EVERY CHARACTER MOVES DIFFERENTLY THAN EACH OTHER. Mario has a different way of moving, Pikachu has a different way of moving, Link has a different way of moving, Fox has a different way of moving, etc.

So people learning Smash Bros. for the first time, they tend to get overwhelmed in terms of learning to "master a character" b/c of having to learn all the basic movement features of the character they want to play, which is what you need to learn in order to master their combo strings and punish games. And each character is dramatically different, even the characters with specific shared archetypes (the Fire Emblem swordies) have different movement characteristics you have to master as well.

At the same time as learning the basic movement and skills of a character in Smash, you also have to be able to read your opponent and all the other basic defensive neutral game essentials from other fighting games.

In contrast to traditional fighting games, you mostly have to study a specific character' combo strings and punish games while relying on "footsies" and reading your opponent to succeed since once again.....most characters in those fighting games don't have many different movement characteristics from one another.

And I describe this from the perspective of someone that only plays competitive Smash at house parties.......not local tournaments :lol:
Who got the cliff notes??

Back
Top Bottom