Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No spoilers again just my thoughts. :ohwell:

I put in a couple more hours at work and it's more of the same. The initial luster wore off and I'm kinda just seeing all the holes at this point. It's hard to explain but the game just feels really rushed and not fleshed out whatsoever. It feels like an indie game that got way too ambitious for it's own good, but at the same time it doesn't seem like it was developed with any kind of ambition at all. I know that doesn't make sense but when you play it you'll understand :lol:. It feels like a poorly done port.

The overall feel of the game is just low quality. It doesn't remind me of something that was built from the ground up to be a "killer app" for the Switch. It is nowhere near the scale of something like BOTW or Odyssey. I'm not a graphics snob whatsoever but the graphics in this aren't close to being optimized for the Switch. The cutscenes are poorly done. There is no voice acting, the background music/sounds don't match or set the mood. For example, there are scenes where you're inside a stadium for battles and the crowd is relatively silent. I've noticed typos/grammatical errors in the dialogue. I'm pretty sure there was a typo within the first few lines of the opening scene. I shrugged it off when I first saw it but looking back it was just foreshadowing the things to come. There are more things but I'm not trying to write an essay :lol:.

I'm not trying to bash the game at all and I've still been having fun with it. But I'm anticipating a huge backlash from a lot of people once the game officially drops. When it's all said and done, the toned-down Pokedex will be a smaller issue than the game itself.

I'm not defending it at all and don't even intend to pick it up, but a few of these feel like a Day 1 patch away from not being a thing anymore. That's pretty common nowadays with games that leak/review builds of games.

Maybe I'm too optimistic about their competency though :lol:

I'm not defending it at all and don't even intend to pick it up, but a few of these feel like a Day 1 patch away from not being a thing anymore. That's pretty common nowadays with games that leak/review builds of games.

Yeah some of that technical stuff can be patched out for sure. But I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that the game as a whole is barely a step above a Gameboy Pokemon game. I'm not a diehard fan, and don't follow Pokemon news closely at all, so maybe my expectations are way off. But when I heard this game get announced I expected it to be sort of like an Ocarina of Time, franchise-altering Pokemon game and it doesn't come anywhere close to that.

Yeah some of that technical stuff can be patched out for sure. But I guess the point that I'm trying to make is that the game as a whole is barely a step above a Gameboy Pokemon game. I'm not a diehard fan, and don't follow Pokemon news closely at all, so maybe my expectations are way off. But when I heard this game get announced I expected it to be sort of like an Ocarina of Time, franchise-altering Pokemon game and it doesn't come anywhere close to that.

I was really hoping it would use the BOTW engine for example and be a much more next gen Pokémon.

I’m trying to look at the bright side..At this point all I’m looking foreward to how much they change breeding and training mechanics to make getting a competitive team together. While the story mode will probably be a disappointment, that was ever only like a weeks worth of play, maybe a couple more days if it’s got a post game. In the only games it could take a week or so just to get 1 competitive Pokémon if you had to breed for stats and nature.

Best Buy messing up charging 40, when Wally World and Target are charging 30 for first party Nintendo games.

This is crappy GameFreak we talking about here. If there's a day one patch it's only gonna be to fix something game breaking. They couldn't even make Gold and Silver right, Iwata (RIP) came in and fixed that game for them. GF been incompetent forever

I was never in on the Switch Pokemon game but it sucks to hear that it's not good

Sounds like the "Let's Go, Eevee! " Pokemon game was better.

I'll be disappointed if I waited a year and the better game was last year.

This dude Spawn Wave said he expects 15 million for Pokemon by January. My man acting like this is the Smash Ultimate of Pokemon. Maybe if "Everyone was Here" I could see that. Seems like they have left over space on the cartridge for it. Maybe 5 million at that time. Possibly 10 if the kids convince their parents to get it off of hype alone.

Anybody notice the game didn't have a Direct? Hell they skipped doing the November Direct completely and just gave Terry/Neo Geo their own showcase. That's not a good sign.

Y’all overreacting a lil bit. Let’s go Eevee is boring at best if you play any other Pokémon.

They want Pokémon more competitive for new comers. Like ev training and breeding for moves has been changed.

I got into hardcore poke battles and trust me half the folks who are buying this won’t be into it.

They removed Pokémon because a huge number of switch users prob just going to buy it cause it’s Pokémon and be casual.

Nintendo wants its live service so dumbing down Pokémon’ is there’s.

most live service games are dumb down for casual.

Pokémon is going that route easy meta less Pokémon easy entry

I've never been a competitor battler nor care for post game activities so I don't have too many expectations or hesitation based on the concerns people share online. However, there doesn't seem to be any enhancements that warrant it being on the Switch versus the DS and costing and extra $25.

That being said, did anyone catch the Target sale this morning? They were selling the double pack for $99.99.

Unless the truly expand the open world concept like breath of the wild, no pokemon game will be worth $60 in my opinion. the story modes of most if not all main line pokemon games are entirely too linear and short, which is okay for a handheld game but not for a console game. Pokemon "Spear":lol: is probably going to be the game they do all of that in hopefully

Well I guess my son and I will see what this is all about

D1482020-16B5-4A8A-AB9F-0B9E7407FDC4.jpeg

When is the last time they released a third Pokemon game? Wasn’t the last one platinum?

Back
Top Bottom