Nipsey Hussle Thread; The Marathon Continues

Prolific

F789D54D-8707-4711-986C-178FFBD132DA.jpeg
Thought this was a special shot as well. Almost prophetic

Double up...

Crazy to think its been almost 2 months now... I was working on a couple of Nip projects before he passed and then when it happened, it jammed me up a bit. All in all, these creations served as therapy in a way. It helped and still helps me process what happened- just like spinning his music on the daily does.

I've been on an animation wave lately when it comes to design. I don't know why but drawing out characters is something I recently got into. The KAWS Companion seemed like a good mash up based on how much Nip impacted music, culture and the world. Dude definitely seemed like a thorough companion, even to us who never met him.

The eyes on this tripped me up a bit. I tried to rearrange them but I didn't want to distort KAWS' art too much. I wanted there to be a balance between both sides, so it (KAWS) and the TMC theme didn't overpower one another (all feedback is welcome). Anyways, hope you guys enjoy. Peace and love
Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 12.51.09 PM.png

Last edited:
How did you know through your rhymes it was your time to go?
You predicted it in every line, all in your flow

I can't lie, I think it's good people was sending threats to him for that. People wasn't gonna do anything to him or his family but bruh you lost your mf'n mind tryna defend this dude for whatever reason. Yeah you a lawyer and everybody deserves representation and whooty whoop but this is different. Nipsey meant something to that city.

I disagree. While he did the right thing for his families sake stepping down. The family threats are over the line no matter who it is.

Anybody mess with Philthy? He talks about the same **** every song but his beat selection be on point a lot of the time. Almost the whole video was filmed at Nip's plaza.

Anybody mess with Philthy? He talks about the same **** every song but his beat selection be on point a lot of the time. Almost the whole video was filmed at Nip's plaza.

Philthy seem like a cool dude. As a rapper and song maker he ain't much though.

That Prolific billboard is FIRE

I'll be the oddball. I didn't like the song. Moreso the beat and i am not the biggest John Legend fan.
What did give me chills though were those two shots you guys posted and the comparison of his video and Pac's.

Makes you wonder if people really do know that their time is near :frown:

I'll be the oddball. I didn't like the song. Moreso the beat
What did give me chills though were those two shots you guys posted and the comparison of his video and Pac's.

Makes you wonder if people really do know that their time is near :frown:
Yea I really don’t care for the song either but I don’t necessary believed that NIP knew he was gonna die....I mean other rappers like JAY & NAS rapped about being remembered & all that I know that a lot of elderly people can feel when they are gonna die....Nip was still a young man at 33 I seriously doubt that he was thinking about death with all his recent success & all the things he was doing in his Neighborhood....Nip’s died a violent death I’m sure he never thought his life would end like that ...

Yea I really don’t care for the song either but I don’t necessary believed that NIP knew he was gonna die....I mean other rappers like JAY & NAS rapped about being remembered & all that I know that a lot of elderly people can feel when they are gonna die....Nip was still a young man at 33 I seriously doubt that he was thinking about death with all his recent success & all the things he was doing in his Neighborhood....Nip’s died a violent death I’m sure he never thought his life would end like that ...

Nah I can’t agree with the last part. People forget Nip was from 6 0. Before the fame I’m sure he was apart or went on missions. The hood dosent forget. So to be out there like that...just because you’re a celeb doesn’t mean you get a pass.

Nah I can’t agree with the last part. People forget Nip was from 6 0. Before the fame I’m sure he was apart or went on missions. The hood dosent forget. So to be out there like that...just because you’re a celeb doesn’t mean you get a pass.
Yea I agree with your points but I meant he didn’t imagine himself dying like that at this point in his life...Of course when he was banging he thought about dying like that, But you made it out going through gang wars being on the frontline & when you get to your apex of success a sucka sniffs you out...It’s crazy because I’m the same age as NIP I still feel young at 33...This was a tragic way to go out because NIP was really starting to get his shine....SLAUSON BOY 2 has been in rotation since it dropped even when VICTORY LAP dropped last yr I still was bumping SLAUSON BOY 2..

Yea I agree with your points but I meant he didn’t imagine himself dying like that at this point in his life...Of course when he was banging he thought about dying like that, But you made it out going through gang wars being on the frontline & when you get to your apex of success a sucka sniffs you out...It’s crazy because I’m the same age as NIP I still feel young at 33...This was a tragic way to go out because NIP was really starting to get his shine....SLAUSON BOY 2 has been in rotation since it dropped even when VICTORY LAP dropped last yr I still was bumping SLAUSON BOY 2..

Sb2 or mailbox money?

Sb2 or mailbox money?
SB2 but MAILBOX MONEY I jammed a lot too A MIRACLE & ONLY A CASE was my 2 Favorites on that one but both are albums classics to me even though SB2 was a EP.... SB2 was straight up west coast AIN’T HARD ENOUGH, STATUS SYMBOL 2 & QUESTION #1 pure flames....But aye that DOWN AS A GREAT hits a little different since my dawg gone...

Back
Top Bottom