Nipsey Hussle Thread; The Marathon Continues

and thirsty.

i mean son has done da most he can do by himself, XXL freshman cover, cosigns, good mixtape run, buzz, etc

...without a machine or clique or crew behind him he's gonna keep hitting

that glass ceiling...

look at a cat like rocky fresh...he's already making move, and that dudes didn't have da GRAIN of buzz nip got.
I think he got too much pride

_ like him wants to build his brand from the ground up on his own

What he doesn't realize is..he's already exhausted all options, and it hasn't got him where he wants to be.

Hopefully he'll figure out MMG is his best option before it's too late.
basically..its foolish pride, i mean afterall..isn't this what you put all that hard work for? to finally get signed?

XXL-Freshmen-10-cover-2010.jpg

look at his fellow freshman... he's pretty much middle of da pack sucesswise..you got cats like big sean that lapped him

and his buzz when this cover was out WASN'T that of nipsey, same with Wiz..j cole is a certified star now, and jay rock

riding that black hippie TDE wave...

da pride is stupid of his, nearly everyone one of these dudes got signed under another rapper and blew up, wiz was da ONLY

exception, and that doesn't happen often AT ALL..its a numbers game, and nipsey should recognize that he'll go wherever he

wants to go under ross, he can even maintain his own lane like meek, stalley, and french have done.

Nip probally had da most buzz (some will say cole) from dat freshman class. I thought dat marathon tape was gona lauch him into stardom. If he was with mmg dat tape would of had a bigger impact dan it originally had. He has to sign. He has too much untap potential.

Last edited:
nip been slacking with the mixtape smh
the first release date was around christmas time last year I believe smh

Smoking with My Stylist is ok. However

Face the World :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Hussle :pimp: I honestly could care less about his buzz or how long he takes to drop. His projects are always quality and I'll be happy to pay $10 for Victory Lap

I think he needs to switch up his management and even if he doesn't sign w/ MMG or the likes, get a good independent behind him like Wiz and Rostrum. I'm def waitin for the Victory Lap tho. TMC was solid

Not even that much of a Nip fan but hot damn that song is fire
pimp.gif

But how is a dope song like this not a single to an album? I really wish these rappers would value their music more and stop giving away so much for free.
mean.gif
"There's way more profit in these clothes so I give away this music and make double back in shows" my dude Nip
pimp.gif

I think he's good on his own. I see where y'all are coming from with the whole signing to MMG thing he would def blow up. I'm sure he knows that but he's trying to do his own thing. I think its dope and respect him for it. Nipsey Hussle > everyone in MMG.

As for the whole 2K follower thing its something he does to build a lil hype and feed the fans especially since everyone been on his twitter lately cause he hadn't dropped anything new. He did it last summer also and dropped a couple of quick "freestyle" joints on other peoples beats. I appreciate the tracks not sure why everyone complaining.

I cant remeber what vid i saw this, but diddy was talking about "how artist keep giving away music and make money off touring, but thats only short term." Not a long term solution for all money in. Value the music right now when they have a buzz, cause that buzz is eventually going to fade away.

nip aint sign wit mmg cuz the money wasnt adding up. he prolly make more with his own operation than he would wit a 360 contract

honestly, if you figure out a way to parlay rap buzz into about 2-3 SUCCESSFUL ventures( ie hosting, clothing stores, doin dirt.) whats the point of gettin a deal? unless a label comes to the table with an offer it just doesn't make sense to turn down

Cats want nip to sign his life away for radio buzz so he can crossover and they can say he fell off :lol:

Keep doing YOU nip... Hope he take that Curren$y route. Eff that MMG trash

only curren$y can pull of that route and be THAT successful

Nip needs someone like MMG to blow up. If he doesnt blow up i really dont care because his music will always be appreciated, but i always felt MMG would be a perfect fit.

only curren$y can pull of that route and be THAT successful

Nip needs someone like MMG to blow up. If he doesnt blow up i really dont care because his music will always be appreciated, but i always felt MMG would be a perfect fit.

:lol: why is that?

He's been Indie since the epic deal for only about 2 yrs if that... Let the man cook.

MMG is a waste of time for dude. Sign for a compilation album? He made the MMG album w/o the paper work :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: why is that?

He's been Indie since the priority deal for only about 2 yrs if that... Let the man cook.

MMG is a waste of time for dude. Sign for a compilation album? He made the MMG album w/o the paper work :lol:

Waste of time?

Look at what MMG did for Meek and Wale

Right now 80% of his fans are on the west coast. Signing to MMG would give him A LOT more buzz around the country.

Buzz = more people buying crenshaw tees = more $$ :lol:

I see absolutely 0 negatives in him signing to MMG. He's arguably good enough to take over Meek Mill's spot. Give "bangers" a whole different meaning.

Dude one of my favorite rappers but this whole "I'll put out a song every two thousand followers" **** is wack. If you want followers put the product out. ****** been waiting for the mixtape six months and he playing games.

Right now 80% of his fans are on the west coast. Signing to MMG would give him A LOT more buzz around the country.

Buzz = more people buying crenshaw tees = more $$ :lol:

I see absolutely 0 negatives in him signing to MMG. He's arguably good enough to take over Meek Mill's spot. Give "bangers" a whole different meaning.

MMG + Nip = Atlantic profiting off of those Crenshaw Tees :lol:

Why would that man take his brand and put it in a situation where it's gonna be under two bigger brands (Meek/Wale) and the subsidery of an even bigger brand in Ross?

Do the indie thing like spitta b/c he fits into that category if u ask me. He's not going to make top 40 records but he's going to put together solid works of albums/tapes and will have a cult following to tour forever.

Stalley will be Stalley in two yrs...Rockie Fresh will be Rockie Fresh in two yrs :lol:

And his marketing team is dope IMO... The follower thing, the hold up on the tape is all dope to me b/c it keeps him from over saturating the Internet w/ music

Last edited:
honestly (and i dont know nobody's deals im just speculatin) i'd be suprised if meek and wale make more than nip hussle

MMG + Nip = Atlantic profiting off of those Crenshaw Tees :lol:

Why would that man take his brand and put it in a situation where it's gonna be under two bigger brands (Meek/Wale) and the subsidery of an even bigger brand in Ross?

Do the indie thing like spitta b/c he fits into that category if u ask me. He's not going to make top 40 records but he's going to put together solid works of albums/tapes and will have a cult following to tour forever.

Stalley will be Stalley in two yrs...Rockie Fresh will be Rockie Fresh in two yrs :lol:

And his marketing team is dope IMO... The follower thing, the hold up on the tape is all dope to me b/c it keeps him from over saturating the Internet w/ music

I dont usually post in the music threads and just lurk but I totally agree with all this. I mean dude is performing overseas all off of mixtape buzz.

I feel like Nip isn't the type to step out of his circle. He gon do him and be loyal to the fans that are loyal to him.

MMG aint gon do nothing but take his money and have him make whack music with Ross heavy breathing on every track.

Back
Top Bottom