Nipsey Hussle Thread; The Marathon Continues

Spitta's route would be great but he gives his fans a TON of music. Nipsey prolly put out five tracks last year. We've been waiting for a mixtape six months and he's just now putting tracks out.

Spitta's route would be great but he gives his fans a TON of music. Nipsey prolly put out five tracks last year. We've been waiting for a mixtape six months and he's just now putting tracks out.

Bro he got 5 or 6 mixtapes full of music to listen to :lol:... It's not like Nip came out the gate like A$AP Rocky w/ one tape and crushed the scene. Bullets Ain't Got No Name vol 2 and 3 bump, the first 2 marathons bump, and victory lap looking like a July drop. The Internet got cats spoiled that they can't wait for a dope body of work.... But when cats go Wayne or 2 Chainz and dropping a verse every week they over saturating the game :lol:

Last edited:
only curren$y can pull of that route and be THAT successful

Nip needs someone like MMG to blow up. If he doesnt blow up i really dont care because his music will always be appreciated, but i always felt MMG would be a perfect fit.
people tend to forget curren$y is actually signed to Atlantic records, so when that machine push is needed he's got it.

nip ain't got a machine behind him, we would LOVE for him to get down with MMG because he fits so perfect and we all know

wit his style he would BLOW up within that system. no one can deny what MMG affiliations have done to french, wale, and meek. and to

a lesser extent stalley, & rocky fresh.

people tend to forget curren$y is actually signed to Atlantic records, so when that machine push is needed he's got it.

nip ain't got a machine behind him, we would LOVE for him to get down with MMG because he fits so perfect and we all know

wit his style he would BLOW up within that system. no one can deny what MMG affiliations have done to french, wale, and meek. and to

a lesser extent stalley, & rocky fresh.

Spitta signed w/ Warner... His brand, his imprint, his artist are signed to Warner. Warner cut the check for him to even sign a deal. He pretty much sold his JET brand to a bigger company.

Warner doesn't put a machine behind curren$y b/c they don't have to. They aren't looking to sell 2mil in records w/ homie they're looking to make 2mil in show money and merch.

U look at nip, he doing something similar w/o a major :lol: .... If I can make 6 racks performing in a smaller venue packed w/ bout 500 people why would I sign to MMG and not eem make that 6 racks performing at the Norfolk Scope in front the same 500 people w/ a song on the radio every 5mins?

Build your brand. When the majors come to the table like they did Wiz w/ that 8, 9, 10 mil check just to sign... Plus the 2 or 3 mil you'll make every yr in show money, endorsements, TV, movies, ect then u sell. But signing w/ a label just b/c it's hot right now is a waste

Spitta signed w/ Warner... His brand, his imprint, his artist are signed to Warner. Warner cut the check for him to even sign a deal. He pretty much sold his JET brand to a bigger company.

Warner doesn't put a machine behind curren$y b/c they don't have to. They aren't looking to sell 2mil in records w/ homie they're looking to make 2mil in show money and merch.

U look at nip, he doing something similar w/o a major :lol: .... If I can make 6 racks performing in a smaller venue packed w/ bout 500 people why would I sign to MMG and not eem make that 6 racks performing at the Norfolk Scope in front the same 500 people w/ a song on the radio every 5mins?

Build your brand. When the majors come to the table like they did Wiz w/ that 8, 9, 10 mil check just to sign... Plus the 2 or 3 mil you'll make every yr in show money, endorsements, TV, movies, ect then u sell. But signing w/ a label just b/c it's hot right now is a waste

Nip did all of this already and failed

His team is terrible & his business sense sucks

When he was "hot", they were asking 50 grand for a show. 50!!!!

Ross has bought 2 artists to the spot light..and rocky fresh is almost a household name with only a handful of material.

Nipsey will never blow up on his own.

Trust the mmg co sign would get him way bigger. More/bigger shows, more features, that ringtone $, radio spins etc. The spitta route is cool too but hes missing one thing... Hes not spitta. 90% of the people in my city never heard of him n if they did most of em heard him on the mmg album.

Last edited:
Nip has his core fan base, I think that MMG would really help expand that fan base even more. Look what they did with Wale for example. Wale had his core fan base, then put out Attention Deficit, & it did terrible numbers selling 28k its first week. When he signed to MMG, they got his name out there & Ambition sold 164k copies its first week. MMG has also helped Meek get his buzz out there as well as Stalley too. All that aside, I always thought MMG would be a perfect fit for him in making good music as well... Fountain of Youth is one example of that.

I see with wer yall coming. Some want him to blow up, why? So more people can know him? Or more radio play? Some of yall are about him getting his on his own. Like some one stated why does he need mmg when he is going to be making the same money with or without mmg. Sure he can sell more but he has to cut that money in three with ross n the record label also getting money. I say nip doesnt want to sare any of the money hes getting with no one. Its all money in. Take it for what you take it for. Hes still going to be driping classics.

Wale sold 164K did a show w/ MMG here at the Norfolk scope (Ross, Meek, Stalley, and Omarion) and only about 600-800 people turned out for a place that seats about 8 thou...

Or

Nip can get booked a show at the Norva, draw in probably the same crowd and double what Meek and Wale made for the scope show and triple what Stalley made :lol:

Rockie Fresh a household name but he's not touching household money. MMG paying for his promo, videos, ect to get him out there where u think his show money going to?

Believe what u want. If Nip is smart, if his team smart, they'd stay away from a subsidiary deal and keep grinding until they strike a deal for their own imprint. Ownership

I don't care if he blows or not, I want music. Wiz grinded his *** off between his Rostrum and Atlantic deals. I don't see the same from Nipsey. Building your brand and being "all money in" is great but you gotta stay relevant. I don't know if its work ethic, money or just being content with his fan base, but dude talks a lot about grinding but hasn't put out a mixtape in 19 months.

Wale sold 164K did a show w/ MMG here at the Norfolk scope (Ross, Meek, Stalley, and Omarion) and only about 600-800 people turned out for a place that seats about 8 thou...

Or

Nip can get booked a show at the Norva, draw in probably the same crowd and double what Meek and Wale made for the scope show and triple what Stalley made :lol:

Rockie Fresh a household name but he's not touching household money. MMG paying for his promo, videos, ect to get him out there where u think his show money going to?

Believe what u want. If Nip is smart, if his team smart, they'd stay away from a subsidiary deal and keep grinding until they strike a deal for their own imprint. Ownership

Lets be real, Rocky and School Boy didn't sell out the Norva what makes you think Nip can sell out the Norva? I also don't believe you when you say MMG came to the Scope and only 600-800 people showed up. Wale did a show at the Norva (1000 to 1300 cap) and he sold it out.

I'm pretty sure venues have to sell XYZ tickets before they even put on a show. So if MMG didn't meet the Scope's "reserve" i'm sure the show would have been canceled.

Nip's buzz is nowhere as close to Wale's.

Last edited:
Lets be real, Rocky and School Boy didn't sell out the Norva what makes you think Nip can sell out the Norva? I also don't believe you when you say MMG came to the Scope and only 600-800 people showed up. Wale did a show at the Norva (1000 to 1300 cap) and he sold it out.

I'm pretty sure venues have to sell XYZ tickets before they even put on a show. So if MMG didn't meet the Scope's "reserve" i'm sure the show would have been canceled.

Nip's buzz is nowhere as close to Wale's.

If I recall that Rocky show was on a Tuesday b... A Tuesday. I never said Nip would sell out the Norva reading is fundamental :lol:. I clearly said 600 heads at least which by wale's standards would mean Nip's buzz is nowhere near someone managed by Roc Nation :lol:... Last but not least, the point I'm making financially the MMG deal doesn't benefit him, at all when he can take what he already and get his own imprint.

I'm done btw just gonna ride to these two new tracks and :smokin great this weekend y'all be blessed :lol:

Last edited:

This. If a label comes to the table with a deal that makes FINANCIAL sense for nip to sign then nip will have a record deal.

And everyone is saying how much being with mmg has benefited artists like wale stalley and meek mill buzz. But more buzz doesn't alwayz equal more $$$$ in your pockets.

like i said id be surprised if meek and wale make more $$$ than nip, regardless of their buzz. And id be amazed if "underground" artists like curren$y and mack miller weren't killing meek and wale financially, doin it all with no major label brand cosign.

Last edited:
im starting to smell a hint of elitism..its almost like certain folks dont want nipsey to gain more acclaim because they wanna

feel exclusive listening to him...i always thought people who that were dorks...
laugh.gif

im starting to smell a hint of elitism..its almost like certain folks dont want nipsey to gain more acclaim because they wanna

feel exclusive listening to him...i always thought people who that were dorks...
laugh.gif
Word

"Why does he need more fans?"

mean.gif
sick.gif

lol i dont think anyone doesn't want nip to get more acclaim so they can feel exclusive listening to him... it jus doesn't make sense for additional acclaim to come with a paycut.

I hate when I'm juiced for an artist to drop a mixtape or project and they start dropping tracks from it before it officially drops and while both tracks are dope IMO opinion I much more enjoy listening to a complete body of work the way the artist originally intended kinda sucks when a new tape drops and my music player has several tracks from said tape.. I almost always automatically skip those on first listen

lol i dont think anyone doesn't want nip to get more acclaim so they can feel exclusive listening to him... it jus doesn't make sense for additional acclaim to come with a paycut.
if you think wale & meek took a pay put from signing with MMG then i dunno what to tell you.

if you think wale & meek took a pay put from signing with MMG then i dunno what to tell you.

they prolly didnt. But they wasnt making the same kinda bread doin they own thing that nipsey makes. So some artist need the machine behind them to make money (wale and meek) while others dont (nipsey's and mack miller's)

meek and wale gonna catch it on the back end. by that i mean they aint take a cut from signing with mmg but they're not making what they should at this point, based on their success/buzz/ numbers they've done.

Last edited:
Nip on his own cant expand his brand like that tho. ****** in the midwest not really rocking wit him like that. Like I said hes mostly known for his fountain of youth verse. That spitta/mac route ain't for everybody. If it was that easy everyone would do it. If nip could blow on his own n take his career to the next level im all for it, but hes been around this long and hasnt so

"I ain't got a boss, I am not a slave turning up my hustle is how I give myself a raise" :pimp:
Why can't y'all just let son cook and do his thing? Dudes in here acting like they not going to listen to him unless he signs with someone.
Wasn't Ross also trying to sign Dom K? Son must of lowballing for neither of them to sign.

Would y'all rather wait for quality music or get some trash every week like alot of these other artist do?

Nip and mac miller should never be compared to each other.

Most people don't even know who nip hussle is

Back
Top Bottom