No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson ESPN 30 for 30-- April 13th

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

well put, Dre and I agree....that %$%% infuriated me last night.  She didn't give a crap about anything but herself until she knew how good her son was at basketball.  That's what happens when kids have kids....AI had a lot on his shoulders from the time he was a little boy.  And now people have the nerve to call him out and question why he isn't doing more when the man is sitting up on stage CRYING during a low-key presser for his scholarship fund he created.  I mean %$%%....how much more can he do and extend himself?  At some point you gotta do something for yourself instead of trying to rely on Iverson to give hand outs....

The other thing that was sad but funny was how the tourist brochure was spun to not say that the African were brought over to the Hampton Roads area as slaves...rather they were African men and women who came over to the US looking for jobs
laugh.gif

Even though this was an Iverson documentary...(and as I've said before) there were many other DEEPER layers to the story than just AI himself.  You got a real look at some of the racial inequalities that plagued (and still do) many communities right under your noses.  You got an impromptu history lesson of how things are spun to hide the truth (brochure)...and it goes on and on. 

Out of all of the 30 for 30's this was my favorite....

*I can't be the only one who was cheesin' when Iverson got his diploma.  I really felt happy for the guy.  The smile he had on that day was priceless.  You could tell how much that meant to him. 

I caught myself smiling too when that part came on.

Grew up in Hampton, was like 9 or 10 when the craziness went down, but remember going to football & basketball games with my dad.  Most  people forget how much of a beast dude was as a QB.  Still need to peep the documentary though.

Anyone know what song is in the beginning of the trailer? I can't find it anywhere.

DoubleJs07 wrote:

AI had a lot on his shoulders from the time he was a little boy.  And now people have the nerve to call him out and question why he isn't doing more when the man is sitting up on stage CRYING during a low-key presser for his scholarship fund he created.  I mean %$%%....how much more can he do and extend himself?  At some point you gotta do something for yourself instead of trying to rely on Iverson to give hand outs....

well put
pimp.gif

damn. smh they tried to ruin dudes life. 15 yrs.? you f'n kidding me??

although its mostly iversons fault, i wish he was still playing right now. he is more than capable and has 2-3 productive years left in him. he just needs to adapt to a new role and understand he isn't a #1 option or even a #2.

i have no clue what happened in philly. ??

anyone think a team would pick him up next season or is he finished??

^^i would love to see him play but dude comes with so much baggage that i dont see many teams even taking a chance on em
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

^^i would love to see him play but dude comes with so much baggage that i dont see many teams even taking a chance on em
ohwell.gif

What he wants is probably a championship. I can't see a championship contender taking a chance on him due to the baggage. I think he has to give a team like the Grizzlier, a psuedo playoff team, a chance as 6th man

I think he is done, although he still has some game left. I really do not see a championship contender adding him on due to his current off the court issues, and I do not see him accepting a lesser role on a fringe playoff team.

too much pride for him to take a lesser role on a contending team. only coach that would be willing to take a chance on him is larry brown. his nba career is pretty much over. i can see him getting offers overseas in europe and china (dude would be a huge hit) but i doubt that he will take that route.

I've missed out on all the re-runs.

Where can I watch this online? Cause I try going to the 30 for 30 site on ESPN, but it only gives me a 2 minute vid.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Where can I watch this online? Cause I try going to the 30 for 30 site on ESPN, but it only gives me a 2 minute vid.
I watched it on, Worldstarhiphop.com
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

damn. smh they tried to ruin dudes life. 15 yrs.? you f'n kidding me??

although its mostly iversons fault, i wish he was still playing right now. he is more than capable and has 2-3 productive years left in him. he just needs to adapt to a new role and understand he isn't a #1 option or even a #2.

i have no clue what happened in philly. ??

anyone think a team would pick him up next season or is he finished??
If he can get his ego in check and realize that he's not fit to be a starter on a contending team, I could see a team inquiring to get him as a role player off the bench.  Dude could provide a great spark in 15-20 minutes in a reserve role.  That being said, his potential for earning more money is overseas.  He could start for a number of Asian/Euro teams and make more (tax free) money than he could on his last hurrah in the NBA.  It all goes back to him getting his ego in check and being realistic about what he wants to do with his life (basketball wise) from here on out. 

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I watched it on, Worldstarhiphop.com
ohwell.gif

I tried watching it there, but there's only 2 parts.

Yea, A.I.'s pride won't allow him to go to a contender to take a lesser role as the 3rd or 4th option. I remember some interview where he stated that he didn't want to win a 'chip riding the coattails of others. He wanted to be a major contributor to the cause, but that chance I believe has eluded him. It's just so weird that dude is just a couple seasons removed from averaging like 26 & 7 in Denver. It just seems like the trades and his personal life have caught up to him and his body. Man I wish he has a dreamlike comeback you know, get healthy, go to Philly with coach Brown, get a deep supporting cast, become the 2nd or 3rd option because I just don't think he can handle it at this stage of his career (which in all likelihood is already over).

Still one of the greatest of all time, toughest pound for pound, and my favorite player to watch.

Back
Top Bottom