No love for the Cortez???

always loved tha cortez, needs new colorways or a freshen up, how bout a 2012 cortez remake?

Originally Posted by SoSickening

They're too gangsta for me. Seriously.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by punzit0

always loved tha cortez, needs new colorways or a freshen up, how bout a 2012 cortez remake?

that would be a good idea. nike zoom cortez would be cool. zoom air with like a lunar midsole. leave the upper the same tho

The cortez was a nice shoe. When I was a little kid I was able to rock them but as an African American in Los Angles, you figure out REAL quick you can't wear those shoes past the age of 7...LOL

Originally Posted by tupac003

The cortez was a nice shoe. When I was a little kid I was able to rock them but as an African American in Los Angles, you figure out REAL quick you can't wear those shoes past the age of 7...LOL

roll.gif
 so true

Picked up the black canvas pair a while back and there a nice all around shoe.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

I like the Cortez AKA the Costanzas (owned 3 pairs of them over my life time) they used to be comfy, however, today they are nothing short of wearing cardboard on your feet. I had the chance to try on a set a few months back and they were painful to walk in, absolutely no cushion and the cheapest leather possible.
Think I may have found some Constanza's, although these ones have a orange strip on the midsole, whereas the ones above look like a navy strip... oh and white laces.
DSC_0681.jpg

http://www.hanon-shop.com...e-cortez-classic-og.html

A friend of mine saw an interview with Jason Alexander in which he said he wore that same pair of Cortez for every single episode of the show!
eek.gif

the cortez are up on nike id but for $115 
sick.gif
 come on nike...
also no all leather option. id love to make an all suede pair though but 115 is way od

way too much for a shoe that gets its midsole dirty hella fast

Nike's released a couple leather colorways recently to select spots. I think actually Nordstrom carries them, they're an all grey colorway and then that obsidian blue colorway shown a page back, theyre in original form too. These just recently dropped and are made with the og leather, its unlike any other og styled nike i've picked up lately. Literally just one piece of buttery soft leather and then the midsole, slight yellowing for the look but everything is exactly true to the classic. The colorway is sometimes dubbed the Forrest Gumps for obvious reasons

Originally Posted by CheckTheTech

AKA "The Dope Mans"
google "Nike Gumps", thats what we used to call them 
laugh.gif

Forresyt.jpg

haven't had a pair since high school, had a few pairs back them, late 90s

edit:

saw someone reference that c/w being referred to as the gumps, around here, they called every pair the gumps 
laugh.gif

them Gumps are
pimp.gif

still rock some every now and again...

we call'em Mexican Nikes around my parts.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just snagged a pair on the low recently.

My only other pair was this Flywire pair from 2009...

euegz5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom