NO MORE MODERN WARFARE WITH INFINITY WARD

Apparently the %!$+ hit the fan over at IW. Activision fired two of the main guys

Being that this is a topic that affects both PS3 and Xbox users, I thought it should just be in one thread.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...inity-ward-cofounder-gone-from-activision.ars

[h2]Insubordination? Infinity Ward cofounder gone from Activision[/h2]
By Ben Kuchera | Last updated about 3 hours ago

Last night reports began to spread across the Internet that something was happening at Modern Warfare 2 developer Infinity Ward's offices. G4 then reported on a tip that non-uniformed "bouncers" showed up at Infinity Ward's offices, and refused to answer questions from employees. Soon after, it became clear that cofounder Jason West has left the company, either forcibly or by his own choice.

"Jason West is drinking. Also, unemployed," West's facebook status read. His LinkedIn profile was also updated, showing his work as president of Infinity Ward as ended. He was with Infinity Ward for nine years and three months.

It seems as if Activision knew this was coming. On Monday Activision filed a form 10:K with the SEC, detailing problems at the developer. "Consistent with past practice, the Company intends to release a Call of Duty game in 2010 developed by another wholly-owned studio," it read, in part. "The Company is concluding an internal human resources inquiry into breaches of contract and insubordination by two senior employees at Infinity Ward. This matter is expected to involve the departure of key personnel and litigation. At present, the Company does not expect this matter to have a material impact on the Company."

At the moment, all that's known is that Jason West is no longer with the company, and the information contained in the SEC filing. Modern Warfare 2 has been a monster success for everyone involved, selling millions of copies across multiple systems. Tim Schafer, whose Brutal Legend was dropped by Activision before the company circled back to attempt to profit from the game, commented on the story via Twitter: "Getting mad at Activision for this kind of thing is like getting mad at an ape for throwing feces. It's just how the beast communicates."

k04x0n.jpg

I have a feeling this will cause another great FPS to be left in the wind. I hope they can keep COD going.

I heard the entire IW crew have gone baller status, flaunting mad cash around like they were rappers or something. 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

BUT.. didn't IW create MoH? Only to leave EA to create the COD series?.. Does that mean we will see an entirely new IP form them? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

We all just had a big laugh at the office...

Activision announced it will form a "dedicated [Call of Duty] business unit that will bring together its various new brand initiatives with focused, dedicated resources around the world." It plans to expand the Call of Duty brand "with the same focus seen in its Blizzard Entertainment business unit" placing a focus on "high-margin digital online content and further the brand as the leading action entertainment franchise in new geographies, new genres and with new digital business models."

In 2011, Activision will release another new Call of Duty game from Sledgehammer Games, the recently formed studio lead by Dead Space creative leads Glen A. Schofield and Michael Condrey. The title will "extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Does this translate to COD being a dead in the water?

Infinity ward's top brass are gone and so is the direction of the franchise. Activision will whhore (apparently we can't say #+%!@ on NT)  this series out until it turns into a joke (see guitar/dj hero). You will never see the real third installment to the modern warfare series.

Rumor has it that none of the Infinity Ward staff have been paid their milestone bonuses or received any residuals from MW2. Expect lawsuits and multiple staff members to be jumping ship.

MW2 was such trash.... They honestly need to just add some of the killstreak rewards and attachments to the guns into COD4 and just have that be MW3.

Activision announced it will form a "dedicated [Call of Duty] business unit that will bring together its various new brand initiatives with focused, dedicated resources around the world." It plans to expand the Call of Duty brand "with the same focus seen in its Blizzard Entertainment business unit" placing a focus on "high-margin digital online content and further the brand as the leading action entertainment franchise in new geographies, new genres and with new digital business models."

In 2011, Activision will release another new Call of Duty game from Sledgehammer Games, the recently formed studio lead by Dead Space creative leads Glen A. Schofield and Michael Condrey. The title will "extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
WHORING CONFIMRED. Activison press release today says Treyarch COD this fall and Sledgehammer games action/adventure COD (translation a Gears of War COD clone) will release fall 2011 instead of a IW title. After October I suspect all the talent from IW will bolt and join up with the dudes they just let go. This is nothing new, happen to these guys will Medal of Honor, and they bounced back. If not M$ and Sony will raid the IW for talent 

This is what happens when you are bought out by a publisher, it seems all gravy at first, but then they believe they know whats best when you made the IP famous. I wish i could shake the two unemployed guys hands, they stood up against the man.

Shouldn't never sold though, cause then they would still have creative control, like that big bag of money they gave you to buy you out, was it worth more than creative control over you life's work?

Activision doesn't even make games they publish them, are any of you here or anyone who likes CODMW2 going to purchase a new COD game every year? That's what they just announced
eyes.gif

Y'all gonna cop that?.......

This is all the man's fault. IW hates treyarch and Activision for ripping off their hard work every other year. Unfortunately, Activision calls the shots...

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
WHORING CONFIMRED. Activison press release today says Treyarch COD this fall and Sledgehammer games action/adventure COD (translation a Gears of War COD clone) will release fall 2011 instead of a IW title. After October I suspect all the talent from IW will bolt and join up with the dudes they just let go. This is nothing new, happen to these guys will Medal of Honor, and they bounced back. If not M$ and Sony will raid the IW for talent 

I sure hope you're right and they do create something better, the activision alternatives sound like straight cheeks, It would really suck if this was the last COD. I think a piece of my soul just flew away.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

MW2 was such trash.... They honestly need to just add some of the killstreak rewards and attachments to the guns into COD4 and just have that be MW3.

It was??? 

Shows how much better COD4 was.

Its kinda sad if it all goes to hell.... (MW2 just paved the way)

Back
Top Bottom