"No More Swiping: New Credit Cards Designed To Reduce Theft"

I've had my card w/ the chip since late summer (Wells Fargo, FTW). I've seen a ton of businesses w/ the new card readers, but only Target has been the one to have their technology working to accept it.

*Gotta co-sign Wells Fargo being the best bank I've dealt with. This goes back to the Wachovia days. They are EXTREMELY proactive with card distribution and won't wait for you to call...they'll ship you one ASAP if they feel as though it's the most secure means of CC payment on the market.

Last edited:
"Reduce" theft ...not eliminate.

What these credit card companies don't tell you is that their centralized server structure is the reason their system is so vulnerable. This tech is from the 50's though and will face increasing competition from mobile payments.

I don't mess with major banks. CU's only for me.

Navy rolled out the new cards during the summer, but for CCs only so far.

Samsung doesn't use nfc.

Anyways.. This has been around in Canada for years. When I go shopping in the U.S., I look at the terminal to find where to insert the card lol
Actually it uses MST and NFC. I thought that it used NFC only, but that is Android Pay.

Once these big retailers payment system monopoly ends NFC will be everywhere.

If the option to swipe my card is still available, I most likely will continue to do that lol.

I have a iPhone 6 Plus and I have yet to experience using ApplePay.
laugh.gif

a lot of you people have reading comprehension issues...

this technology is NOT new...and it is still vulnerable and has already been hacked...

this thread/article is about the United States and a lot of the businesses there neglecting to upgrade their systems from swipe only to insert chip machines...

probably because it COSTS MONEY to upgrade to those machines...

so the credit card companies have implemented a deadline to upgrade or else no insurance on items you sold to a fraudster...because right now as it works original owner of the CC gets their money back, the company who sold the goods gets their money for the items given to the fraudster...so its a win-win for the business...you sell more stuff and if it is fraud you get it the money regardless..

so the credit card companies are pushing for these guys to upgrade their security measures (insert is more secure than swipe)...

as a business who is insured regardless of the fraud, why the hell would i care if a scammer is swiping thousands of dollars worth of stuff...its still items sold and money received...

so all the credit card company is doing is from losing money to losing less money due to fraudsters...the retail and business side has avoided the upgrade because they get their money back regardless and sell items to fraudsters...

Last edited:
No thanks,cash is king...

:pimp:

haven't had a credit card for 4 years...been straight cash...only use debit card once a month to put money in the bank for automated payments...

always have a wad of cash on me 1-2k usually....never need a card nor a debit card...

and no...no one has tested me, tried me, robbed me etc...

you just have to be aware of your surrounding...im not in the hood flossing 2k...

a lot of you people have reading comprehension issues...

this technology is NOT new...and it is still vulnerable and has already been hacked...

this thread/article is about the United States and a lot of the businesses there neglecting to upgrade their systems from swipe only to insert chip machines...

probably because it COSTS MONEY to upgrade to those machines...

so the credit card companies have implemented a deadline to upgrade or else no insurance on items you sold to a fraudster...because right now as it works original owner of the CC gets their money back, the company who sold the goods gets their money for the items given to the fraudster...so its a win-win for the business...you sell more stuff and if it is fraud you get it the money regardless..

so the credit card companies are pushing for these guys to upgrade their security measures (insert is more secure than swipe)...

as a business who is insured regardless of the fraud, why the hell would i care if a scammer is swiping thousands of dollars worth of stuff...its still items sold and money received...

so all the credit card company is doing is from losing money to losing less money due to fraudsters...the retail and business side has avoided the upgrade because they get their money back regardless and sell items to fraudsters...

How do you, and the companies get their money back regardless? Insurance that comes from elsewhere, and not from the credit card companies? If that's the case then it seems like there's no incentive like you said. And yet companies are still moving to these chip readers. Why?

Back
Top Bottom