*** No more unlimited Data plan for AT&T Phones ***

Unless you decide to stay with your old $30 plan (which you wont be able to do with the iPhone 4g obviously)

$15 for 200MB 

$25 for 2G

Personally i use less than 2GB a month so that's a $5 saving for me.

http://www.engadget.com/2...s-iphone-tethering-comi/

"but AT&T points out that 98 percent of its smartphone subscribers use less than 2GB a month, which means that nearly all users ultimately stand to see a $5 reduction in their monthly bills."

they're just trying to chase customers away. thinking about selling my 3GS and moving to sprint for that new phone coming out.

Originally Posted by Man E

Unless you decide to stay with your old $30 plan (which you wont be able to do with the iPhone 4g obviously)

$15 for 200MB 

$25 for 2G

Personally i use less than 2GB a month so that's a $5 saving for me.

http://www.engadget.com/2...s-iphone-tethering-comi/

"but AT&T points out that 98 percent of its smartphone subscribers use less than 2GB a month, which means that nearly all users ultimately stand to see a $5 reduction in their monthly bills."

Actually u can i talked to them a week or two ago, when i first posted this news as well as the iPhone HD release date. And if your under contract and up for a update you can. Thats is if you purchased your 3GS within the last 6 months, or if your contract is up within the last 6 month. You can get the discount on the iPhone HD.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

that what you suckers get, yall all geeked about the iphone, and they know yall dudes eat up data......

now they gonna run yall dudes for it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by socluis90

they're just trying to chase customers away. thinking about selling my 3GS and moving to sprint for that new phone coming out.

Hopefully your in one of the 27 cities that offers 4G, because if not having a 4G phone with no 4G service and the slowest speeds for 3G service and the least cell phone coverage isnt really a W. I might switch with the iPhone HD seeing im in atl,chi,dallas often(top three cities for 4G speed and coverage).

Originally Posted by 23bryan

How do you check how much data you use?

You can one on your phone bill, or two go thru settings and its right in the section of usage. It will show sent and received.

Originally Posted by 23bryan

How do you check how much data you use?

login to your att account online and it shows you a graph of your data usage for the past 6 months.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

question. this means I can get out my contract with no ETF right?

Um lol no but you can get out of unlimited and switch.

I'm not really worried about it.  I'll just keep using my same unlimited plan, and I'm probably keeping my 3G til it quits anyway.  But I don't do any tethering or heavy usage, just the standard amount.  I just checked and in over a year and a half, I've only received 7 GB of data.  I think I'd be okay on the new plan if it comes to that
laugh.gif

new ETF as well.... $325

but guys with $30 data plan presently will still be able to grand-father it into the new 4th generation iphone

it sucks tho cuz people who didn't already have it won't be able to get it anymore.

i guess people have been draining the network

you can only view 200 minutes of youtube video tho? Give me a break...

I stream Pandora ALL THE TIME.... Download apps....

browsing NT.... Unl. is the only choice.

however I use wi-fi at home so that helps... but still its not cool to not offer an unl. plan at all and just try to wax people

the thing im wondering is how this will affect ipad users. Ya 98% of users use less then 2gb worth of data on the iphone but i would think ipad users may use much more since with an ipad you can stream movies (via netflix) and stuff. so i would think data usage would be much more on a ipad. apple promised a unlimited dataplan for the ipad and they should keep that what they promised 2 months ago. Also... imagine now with multitasking people will be using much more data because not only will they be streaming apps like pandora but they will be browsing the internet or checking things like facebook at the same time. Before people could only run one app which probably cut down on data usage. Ya it sounds nice and all with the $5 cut but this whole thing just sucks.

laugh.gif
@ "tmobile>"

it's like bragging about 56K

I'm curious as to what my usage is now. I've had my iPhone for over 6 months now and I've received 3GB, so I guess I will save $5

noobish question, but im looking at my cell network data on my phone, is this cumulative to the life of the phone or what?

It looks like I will get to grandfather it. I don't want to monitor my usage. I also just recently started streaming pandora more often.

Originally Posted by justinsan

the thing im wondering is how this will affect ipad users. Ya 98% of users use less then 2gb worth of data on the iphone but i would think ipad users may use much more since with an ipad you can stream movies (via netflix) and stuff. so i would think data usage would be much more on a ipad. apple promised a unlimited dataplan for the ipad and they should keep that what they promised 2 months ago. Also... imagine now with multitasking people will be using much more data because not only will they be streaming apps like pandora but they will be browsing the internet or checking things like facebook at the same time. Before people could only run one app which probably cut down on data usage. Ya it sounds nice and all with the $5 cut but this whole thing just sucks.

Things is as most of us have jailbroke phones so all those things u mentioned multitasking/movies we been on that. And even with that alot of yall been posting u use less than half a GB a month. So really aint to much of a difference.

I havent even checked my iPad so hell you could be right about it being an issue but i dont use it nowhere the same amount as i do the iPhone, although i probably will seeing as you will be able to use your iphone as a video camera/mouse/keypad. 

Originally Posted by LDJ

anytime you have an existing service promised to you by contract and a company takes it away, you should be able to get out of that contract for free.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

Originally Posted by LDJ

anytime you have an existing service promised to you by contract and a company takes it away, you should be able to get out of that contract for free.

True but thing is they arent changing it they are offering you the option to switch, therefore you cant cancel a contract because they provide a new service or deal. If you have unlimited you keep it or switch to what is offered now. Nothing about his rate plan etc will change so what would be his basis of canceling? I can see if they offered unlimited for one price then lowered it and refuse to give you the difference in the cost.

Just checked my data usage during the past 6 months and the most I've ever used was 512mb. I think I'm good with this one.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

It looks like I will get to grandfather it. I don't want to monitor my usage. I also just recently started streaming pandora more often.
x2 , had unlimited plans forever and it would just bother the crap put of me to have to watch my usage 

Back
Top Bottom