*** No more unlimited Data plan for AT&T Phones ***

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ dude saying Droid is average

its definitely not average, its not as good as iphone OS for sure, even palm webOS is better than android

android is still young and HAS a lot of potential, but it hasnt been reached yet, you are naive if you dont believe one day android will take over as the #1 OS for phones

but ive said it before, the iPHONE is a BETTER OS, rarely it crashes, better apps, it is the best media device on the market right now

it is an underpowered device, but if youve used the nexus 1 when i owned it, scrolling and zooming were easily not as smooth as the iphone, plus the apps like the facebook app and twidroid is BAD compared to facebook for iphone and tweetie (aka twitter for iphone)

down the line, android will get better, and i would love to switch to it again, but right now, you guys are claiming its the best with all this potential when it is still young

(former g1 and n1 user)

hopefully their acquisition with one of the members of webOs will make android much more design friendly and etc

Your judging da nexus one's performance as " inferior" over a twitter and facebook app THAT CAN BE CHANGED AT ANYTIME? lol

U got off da gravy train too soon, cuz 2.2 makes nexus one EXTRA FASTER, and tweetcaster >*.

Right now apple isnt seeing froyo...

yes, these are arguably the two most popular applications and focused upon ANY smartphone device

what the first 3rd party app that is installed on any phone device and most used, usually its facebook, i even think facebook is the most popular website declared by google, twitter probably follows behind that a few sites down

i downloaded like MULTIPLE apps like engadget and sportstap, THEY BOTH CRASH once in awhile, which happens like less than 10% of the time with iphone apps that are popular, even stock android apps like weather/news dont display the news all the time

2.2 looks interesting, but not enough a big enough upgrade for me to switch back, you say all these specs means ANDROID > iPHONE, but its not always about specs, look at the G1 against the 3G when it came out, G1 had better specs and it sucks (coming from a former user), and if your argument is that android was still young, even now with the updated android or hacked roms you can put on the G1, it still doesnt compare to the 3G back then because of the software

btw, you are the most biased ever on android, according to you, the nexus 1 is god's smartphone, you say they can change apps and such, yes it does have potential to be change, but the majority of time, you android users are saying its better because it has potential, but it hasnt reached it yet, maybe in a year or 2.

and i have yet to see you say ANYTHING bad about your nexus 1, to you, it is the perfect smartphone, all you do is say "the nexus 1 is EXTRA fast with the snapdragon processor, 2.2 froyo
pimp.gif
, no smartphone is seeing the nexus 1 for years"

You need to learn how to conserve battery life and/or find something else to do if your phone can't get through at least 1 day.

Well you need to sell that stuff dude seriously cause its alot of people on here, there,and everywhere that don't know about this battery conservation that you speak of. 

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

You need to learn how to conserve battery life and/or find something
else to do if your phone can't get through at least 1 day.

Well you need to sell that stuff dude seriously cause its alot of people on here, there,and everywhere that don't know about this battery conservation that you speak of. 

hes telling YOU to learn how to conserve your battery if you can't get through a day

i easily go on facebook, twitter, download an app, send multiple text messages, browse safari for a decent amount of time, and still have 80% battery also with GPS on

however my iphone 3Gs is only just over 2 months old

doing the same on my nexus 1 before, it would easily drop down much fast than the iPhone, even with the GPS and Wifi off

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ dude saying Droid is average

its definitely not average, its not as good as iphone OS for sure, even palm webOS is better than android

android is still young and HAS a lot of potential, but it hasnt been reached yet, you are naive if you dont believe one day android will take over as the #1 OS for phones

but ive said it before, the iPHONE is a BETTER OS, rarely it crashes, better apps, it is the best media device on the market right now

it is an underpowered device, but if youve used the nexus 1 when i owned it, scrolling and zooming were easily not as smooth as the iphone, plus the apps like the facebook app and twidroid is BAD compared to facebook for iphone and tweetie (aka twitter for iphone)

down the line, android will get better, and i would love to switch to it again, but right now, you guys are claiming its the best with all this potential when it is still young

(former g1 and n1 user)

hopefully their acquisition with one of the members of webOs will make android much more design friendly and etc

Your judging da nexus one's performance as " inferior" over a twitter and facebook app THAT CAN BE CHANGED AT ANYTIME? lol

U got off da gravy train too soon, cuz 2.2 makes nexus one EXTRA FASTER, and tweetcaster >*.

Right now apple isnt seeing froyo...

2.2 looks interesting, but not enough a big enough upgrade for me to switch back,

>>> apple OS...i mean seriously, you can't even come up with a argument as to why you picking a apple OS over this one without injecting your PERSONAL preference.

people can't call me a biased cuz i had a sidekick and could've went ANYWHERE from da 2009 LX, and i decided on da nexus one based on da specs and reviews and

how much more power and OPEN sourced it was...like i said plenty of times before, da new apple HD better show and prove, cuz right now HTC and motorola handsets with

android are dropping my da month and google isn't slowing down either.

^^ Dude ain't tell ME jack you know. I've had my 3gs since late march and mine don't last no dang day period. Conserve my butt. I talk alot on mine since most of friends have att so with that, music(doesn't really use the battery) and using 3g I'm not getting no day use out of my phone. If you can show me how to do this please do. Yall must be using your browser for like a hour or two a day and not talking on the phone or I have a faulty phone.

>>> apple OS...i mean seriously, you can't even come up with a argument as to why you picking a apple OS over this one without injecting your PERSONAL preference.

people can't call me a biased cuz i had a sidekick and could've went ANYWHERE from da 2009 LX, and i decided on da nexus one based on da specs and reviews and

how much more power and OPEN sourced it was...like i said plenty of times before, da new apple HD better show and prove, cuz right now HTC and motorola handsets with

android are dropping my da month and google isn't slowing down either.

same thing, you cant come up with an argument without injecting your own personal pref, and LOL that people cant call you biased because you couldve went ANYWHERE? we were all in that situation at one time or another

you were on tmobile, using a sidekick 09, which means after 1.5 years, you are due for an upgrade, i am pretty sure your only choices for phones were the blackberry 9700, another sidekick, g1, mytouch 3g, or nexus 1, and the n1 is easily the best out of that bunch, that is not anywhere

and face it, the next iPhone can be able to cure aids and cancer by powering it on, and have specs with a 1001 mhz processor, you will still say, MY NEXUS ONE IS EXTRA FAST, FROYO >>>>>

LDJ the specs you posted for the new iPhone and Evo, the processor info seems incorrect, at least I know for the Evo. I know it's at 1GHz, unless they overclocked it and got it up to 1.xGhz
I know you quoted something by me......but I was trying to avoid this OS vs OS talk.
In terms of speed, it comes down to the network. So if you have or used a Nexus One and 3GS on AT&T, your point is much more valid.......unless you're a fanboy that can't acknowledge somethings.
I used WebOS for a few minutes, didn't get a feel for it really but it was interesting and nice......It was a Palm Pixi and the form factor/buttons were horrible.

But back to the topic, these new plans are pretty good for BB users seeing how they have good compression technology. Majority of BB users most likely don't even hit 1GB. But with the new OS, things might change.

I wouldn't be surprised if VZW does this, I know for them and AT&T: unlimited data=5GB cap. For the person that said their brother used 6GB's, what the hell is he doing?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

LDJ the specs you posted for the new iPhone and Evo, the processor info seems incorrect, at least I know for the Evo. I know it's at 1GHz, unless they overclocked it and got it up to 1.xGhz
I know you quoted something by me......but I was trying to avoid this OS vs OS talk.
In terms of speed, it comes down to the network. So if you have or used a Nexus One and 3GS on AT&T, your point is much more valid.......unless you're a fanboy that can't acknowledge somethings.
I used WebOS for a few minutes, didn't get a feel for it really but it was interesting and nice......It was a Palm Pixi and the form factor/buttons were horrible.

But back to the topic, these new plans are pretty good for BB users seeing how they have good compression technology. Majority of BB users most likely don't even hit 1GB. But with the new OS, things might change.

I wouldn't be surprised if VZW does this, I know for them and AT&T: unlimited data=5GB cap. For the person that said their brother used 6GB's, what the hell is he doing?
Well im pretty sure they did overclook it, same as how they use the term "4G" and post speeds using a computer and place that subliminally and ppl really think they gonna get 5+ MB speed a second, lol

I mean The OS isnt bad i just prefer apple. And its just my honest assumption, that if apple is making a new A4 OS, they must be improving an already good OS.

And even if you use the phone moderately you might get 10-12 hrs at best on 3GS. It actually can get more thing is for some odd reason jailbreaking/unlocking increases the battery consumption never understood why. For me a like today, I got up left at like 6 ran around,did errons, used my navi app,play a few games and it was reaching about 20 something percent at about 1 or so. 

And 6GB's a month is overkill. Like i said dude must not have a pc at all, and constantly d/l movies,watch tv,d/l music like everyday all day. Must be nice not having a job...

Originally Posted by LDJ

Mastamind89 wrote:

Well im pretty sure they did overclook it, same as how they use the term "4G" and post speeds using a computer and place that subliminally and ppl really think they gonna get 5+ MB speed a second, lol

I mean The OS isnt bad i just prefer apple. And its just my honest assumption, that if apple is making a new A4 OS, they must be improving an already good OS.

And even if you use the phone moderately you might get 10-12 hrs at best on 3GS. It actually can get more thing is for some odd reason jailbreaking/unlocking increases the battery consumption never understood why. For me a like today, I got up left at like 6 ran around,did errons, used my navi app,play a few games and it was reaching about 20 something percent at about 1 or so. 

And 6GB's a month is overkill. Like i said dude must not have a pc at all, and constantly d/l movies,watch tv,d/l music like everyday all day. Must be nice not having a job...

i read on forums once some girl did not pay for internet at home, just tethered her iphone for internet
laugh.gif

she was getting 10 gb a month from AT&T

there are always people who are gonna complain about the iphone battery, but right now, i dont think any other smartphone that can match its battery life with what it offers, i know all android phones ive used (droid, g1, n1) hasnt had the same battery life as the iphone

not sure about palm and blackberry because ive never used it long enough

^^ Dude ain't tell ME jack you know. I've had my 3gs since late march and mine don't last no dang day period. Conserve my butt. I talk alot on mine since most of friends have att so with that, music(doesn't really use the battery) and using 3g I'm not getting no day use out of my phone. If you can show me how to do this please do. Yall must be using your browser for like a hour or two a day and not talking on the phone or I have a faulty phone.
 So basically you know why your phone doesn't get good battery life.

- Talk less or start texting more. When you talk you're using the biggest power drain on the device which is the radio. Your battery life will suffer from this and this is no secret. If you don't wanna compromise then complaining is pointless. the phone tests around 5-8 hours talk time from full charge*

-find a wi-fi spot you can use often (wi-fi uses less power and depending on your area could be faster too)

turn brightness down and 3G/wi-fi off when you're not using them etc.

I've spent over half of my 8 hour shifts at work on slow days browsing the web on my phone from 3G and the battery rarely hit below 60.

When I used wi-fi the other day it was at 74%. I love slow days
laugh.gif

* While using 3G to talk. it's rated from 10-13 on EDGE.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

So basically you know why your phone doesn't get good battery life.

- Talk less or start texting more. When you talk you're using the biggest power drain on the device which is the radio. Your battery life will suffer from this and this is no secret. If you don't wanna compromise then complaining is pointless. the phone tests around 5-8 hours talk time from full charge*

-find a wi-fi spot you can use often (wi-fi uses less power and depending on your area could be faster too)

turn brightness down and 3G/wi-fi off when you're not using them etc.

I've spent over half of my 8 hour shifts at work on slow days browsing the web on my phone from 3G and the battery rarely hit below 60.

When I used wi-fi the other day it was at 74%. I love slow days
laugh.gif

* While using 3G to talk. it's rated from 10-13 on EDGE.

Im hoping dude is a chick cause there is no excuse for a man to constantly be yappin on a phone for hrs on end unless its business thats on some real itch out gossiping gay male friend type !!@#$. Think about it 24hrs a day. 8 or so hrs of sleep, 9 hrs including commute for work. So that leave like 6 or so hrs. Why would a dude spend 90% of they free time everyday talking on the phone.

I haven't charged my BB 9700 since Monday night into Tuesday morning, currently at 70% battery life. My brightness is set at 20%, i text, browse NT and facebook all day, don't talk on the phone for extended periods of time much.

VZW said they will offer similar plans when they hop onto 4G.

the era of unlimited is dead.

at&t is getting too cocky with the iphone. since they know it has a loyal fan base of sheep, they know they can do anything with the plans and people will stay on it.

20 dollars on top of the 25 for the same 2GB of data a month? ONLY so you can use it as a modem?

sprint charges 30.. with unlimited data. and i do believe 4G data is free (as a mobile hotspot)

getting rid of my at&t contract was smart.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

at&t is getting too cocky with the iphone. since they know it has a loyal fan base of sheep, they know they can do anything with the plans and people will stay on it.

20 dollars on top of the 25 for the same 2GB of data a month? ONLY so you can use it as a modem?

sprint charges 30.. with unlimited data. and i do believe 4G data is free (as a mobile hotspot)

Well the people who already have the iPhone, I'm guessing they will keep their $30 unlimited plan.....I'm going too, I don't have an iPhone...thank God
grin.gif

The tethering is lame, I've been doing that for a while now, companies really don't like it. I remember VZW sued a customer b/c he was tethering a lot.
I thought mobile hotspot is $10 or something due to having the Evo.
The Evo does have horrible battery.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Well the people who already have the iPhone, I'm guessing they will keep their $30 unlimited plan.....I'm going too, I don't have an iPhone...thank God
grin.gif

The tethering is lame, I've been doing that for a while now, companies really don't like it. I remember VZW sued a customer b/c he was tethering a lot.
I thought mobile hotspot is $10 or something due to having the Evo.
The Evo does have horrible battery.
they'll pull something for the 4G, you just watch lol.

And nope, mobile hotspot is 30. The 10 extra is for 4G.

Im hoping dude is a chick cause there is no excuse for a man to constantly be yappin on a phone for hrs on end unless its business thats on some real itch out gossiping gay male friend type !!@#$. Think about it 24hrs a day. 8 or so hrs of sleep, 9 hrs including commute for work. So that leave like 6 or so hrs. Why would a dude spend 90% of they free time everyday talking on the phone.
I didn't know there was a manual for how long a man or anybody could use their phone to talk on it.  Thanks for also trying to break down my day by how your goes like everybody has your schedule.  I do talk on the phone alot but I have reasons that aren't "real itch out gossiping gay male friend type !!@#$" and besides that honestly don't remember saying all my friends were male and that's all I was talking to in the first place.  I get it cause you don't know or care to know me you went for the cheap yucks so hopefully you got them.  Have a great day.

PH3N0M3NON thanks (at least you giving out real answers man) definitely try to use some of that stuff but I don't really like texting unless its some quick stuff.  Some cats start typing paragraphs and when thats the case might as well just talk then.  I also will try to remember to turn off the 3g when not using it and use the wifi more.  Wasn't really complaining just thought dude is exaggerating about his "moderate" phone usage.  That's all and lets be honest most people (avg person walking the street) aren't doing what you are doing to save energy most cats just charging and letting it fly.

I didn't know there was a manual for how long a man or anybody could use their phone to talk on it.  Thanks for also trying to break down my day by how your goes like everybody has your schedule.  I do talk on the phone alot but I have reasons that aren't "real itch out gossiping gay male friend type !!@#$" and besides that honestly don't remember saying all my friends were male and that's all I was talking to in the first place.  I get it cause you don't know or care to know me you went for the cheap yucks so hopefully you got them.  Have a great day.

PH3N0M3NON thanks (at least you giving out real answers man) definitely try to use some of that stuff but I don't really like texting unless its some quick stuff.  Some cats start typing paragraphs and when thats the case might as well just talk then.  I also will try to remember to turn off the 3g when not using it and use the wifi more.  Wasn't really complaining just thought dude is exaggerating about his "moderate" phone usage.  That's all and lets be honest most people (avg person walking the street) aren't doing what you are doing to save energy most cats just charging and letting it fly.

There isn a manual for being a man either but if i seen a dude wearing painted on paints or open toe shoes you gonna be called out. And i never said just dudes, there is no reason a grown man needs to spend 5 or 6 hrs a day on a telephone with the exception of business. Not for cheap yucks its just is wat it is.

But then again it sounds almost like some twitter type shid, like i wanna no keep up no ppl every move every lil step i take type. So maybe just a whole diff gen era.

I'll never understand how people just feel if they don't do something then everybody that does the opposite is so wrong. Guess thats how the world is and will always be. I never said I was on the phone for 5/6 hrs a day more like 2/3. I mainly talk to my friends/fam that live out of state (during most of that time that want to keep in touch) so if that's some twitter type stuff so be it. You still trying for cheap yucks but maybe your a comedian so you have to stay sharp. I understand and don't mind cause people aren't going to agree on everything. Peace

Back
Top Bottom