*** No more unlimited Data plan for AT&T Phones ***

AT&T shouldve included a middle option, something in between 200mb and 2 gb. IMO, not having a middle option is pretty grimey of AT&T to do. I think most people with smartphones, who use them heavily are going to be using an amount of data more than 200mb but less than 2gb. It kind of forces the majority of people into signing up for something they really don't need...again. Also, if they're going to be tallying up the data, it would be nice to have rollover data, I mean, now that we are paying for a finite amount.

Originally Posted by nycsemaj

AT&T shouldve included a middle option, something in between 200mb and 2 gb. IMO, not having a middle option is pretty grimey of AT&T to do. I think most people with smartphones, who use them heavily are going to be using an amount of data more than 200mb but less than 2gb. It kind of forces the majority of people into signing up for something they really don't need...again. Also, if they're going to be tallying up the data, it would be nice to have rollover data, I mean, now that we are paying for a finite amount.

of course everyone would like that

it would be great if there was a 100mb plan, 200mb, 300mb, 400mb, and etc

AND to also have rollover data, that would be awesome, but from AT&T's perspective, why would they do this?

and rollover minutes? no carrier would ever do this in the near future

For those with iPad 3G, or those who plan to purchase iPad 3G after June 7th, all you have to do is make an account before the June 7th deadline via a 3G iPad, purchase the unlimited plan, choose the option to cancel "now" with the option to restore service within 60 days. As long as you restore the unlimited plan within those 60 days, you're virtually able to use unlimited until whenever.

This is what the Apple rep told me anyway.

Ok pretty much since ive had my 3g when it first came out i have recieved 60 gb and sent out 6gb....

My questions are Will my current 30dlls a month unlimited data plan be messed with if i upgrade

Can i stay on the same plan right now and get the new iphone?

Originally Posted by IsTaYrOcKInJs

Ok pretty much since ive had my 3g when it first came out i have recieved 60 gb and sent out 6gb....

My questions are Will my current 30dlls a month unlimited data plan be messed with if i upgrade

Existing customers/people who buy before June 7 will be able to keep their unlimited plans if they so chose, even if you upgrade to the new iPhone model. I have a 3G now. As long as the new model isn't some ol' BS like the 3GS was, I'm going to upgrade and keep my unlimited plan.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by IsTaYrOcKInJs

Existing customers/people who buy before June 7 will be able to keep their unlimited plans if they so chose, even if you upgrade to the new iPhone model. I have a 3G now. As long as the new model isn't some ol' BS like the 3GS was, I'm going to upgrade and keep my unlimited plan.
Ok I understand that if you currently have unlimited data you can keep it. I was also under the impression that if you upgrade/ renew your contract you lost your unlimited data. Are you saying existing unlimited data customers can upgrade/ renew thier contract and keep thier unlimited data because we are grand fathered in. If so where else besides NT is this said.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

thegoat121886 wrote:

IsTaYrOcKInJs wrote:

Ok I understand that if you currently have unlimited data you can keep it. I was also under the impression that if you upgrade/ renew your contract you lost your unlimited data. Are you saying existing unlimited data customers can upgrade/ renew thier contract and keep thier unlimited data because we are grand fathered in. If so where else besides NT is this said.

so far, it is confirmed that you can upgrade right now to the 3GS and get the unlimited data plan grandfathered for sure, 100% this is true

but the next iphone, AT&T hasnt addressed it yet because they cant comment on future devices, so its all up in the air

however, IMO,i wouldnt count on AT&T allowing you to keep that data plan, why would they introduce these plans and not make us go on it

Back
Top Bottom