*** No more unlimited Data plan for AT&T Phones ***

Originally Posted by rodster831

hopefully Verizon wont follow when the iphone comes out for them.
that is if i even happens
I think more and more carriers will start this tiered data pricing, especially with the coming onslaught of video conferencing capable phones.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by Man E

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

Sprint is looking better and better by the moment. Especially with the EVO 4G coming out

The phone etc is pretty impressive and i am thinking about it also. My thing is with most ppl switching just to get a 4G phone 
umm no, most people are swtiching because da EVO4g does a crapload more then what da HD iphone does...can we say superphone?
roll.gif

You can honestly say this stuff and be serious? 

You must be comparing your EVO phone to the iPhone which was released in 2007 (That's a 4 year old phone with minor updates beating out the rest of the competition) because Apple hasn't released the 4G/HD. And by the way, all the prototype specs of the new phone match your fragmented Android phone. 

Apple OS > Anything.

U seriously comparing a handicapped OS to da masterpiece that is froyo?
laugh.gif
C'mon duke I'm ridin on flash, tethering, gig processin muscle...don't even get ur feelings hurt
grin.gif

Um its common knowledge apple OS>droid. And while we mentioning processers, thats laughable at best because the processor wont matter for most of you are using ur phone for youtube,games,movies,music etc. which all are data based. And considering the service only does around 500kps a second, doesnt matter if the phone can process up to 5MB a second.

Thats what disappoints me about the phone (evo 4G) its like a computer with a Intel Core i7, running windows xp, using dial up, or basic dsl. Its a superb phone running a average at best os, using moderate internet speed, with a limited app market.
What makes the android OS average?
laugh.gif
he can't answer that, if he says da apple OS is better then android, something that you DONT have to jailbreak to multitask,

tether, or install w/e your hearts desire then i doubt he's gonna give you a answer thats not gonna make you laugh at him.

son talking "moderate internet speed" like if 4g THAT common.

can't wait till that new iphone drops so it can be sized up to HTC's best.

The HD can multitask w/o jailbreaking so what are you saying, hell the 3GS can now. And i posted the live actual field test a few pages ago. And yes even the 4G is slower because of the type of broadband the cellular band there service. And even impartical ppl who have reviewed and used the evo 4G says that the os system has improved but isnt on the level on apple, and the thing is apple as improved there os for the HD.

And ill post the stats for each phone so you can see its all preferences like apple and oranges

iPhone HD Stats

3.5 screen (960x640) LED/IPS
1.2 Ghz processor
Apple A4 OS
1GB memory
32/64GB storage
5MP autofocus flash camera w/ 2MP front facing camera
1280x720p video recording resolution
secondary mic
HDMI tv output
Built in GPS

Evo 4G

4.3 screen (480x800) LED  
1.3Ghz processor
Android 2.1 OS
1GB memory
8GB storage w/ option to expand to 32GB
8MP autofocus camera w/ 1MP front facing camera
1280x720p video recording resolution
Adobe Flash Lite
HDMI tv output
Built in GPS
FM/AM radio

So i dont see this whopping difference in the two phones. Only arguement i see ppl have is talking about what features a 4 yr old iPhone 3G doesnt have and what a phone that isnt even out have.

You guys need to hop off the evo's tip..

Have you even read the reviews? The battery life is laughable, you cant even get 10 hours out of the phone when it's IDLING

Have you even read the reviews? The battery life is laughable, you cant even get 10 hours out of the phone when it's IDLING

Originally Posted by javier5857

And it gets THREE thats right THREE hrs on 4G. So unless you stay constantly by a outlet that kinda suck. I mean the phone by reviews is pretty impressive. Only knocks ive heard is supeer short battery life on 4G, the average operating system, the video chat service Qik charges 5 bucks a month, and you must flash it aka jailbreak in order to tether. 

CNET Article

There's an important caveat to the claim that 4G will be faster, as well. It will definitely be faster than the 3G networks of Sprint and Verizon Wireless – about four times faster, initially. But the other two national carriers, AT&T and T-Mobile, upgraded their 3G networks to offer data-transfer speeds that are actually higher than the speeds 4G networks will reach this year or next.

That means that rather than focusing on real speeds, Sprint and Verizon will try to frame their marketing around the "4G" term, said Dan Hays, who focuses on telecommunications at management consulting firm PRTM.

"It's a terrible story from a consumer standpoint, because it's tremendously confusing," he said.

AT&T and T-Mobile where able to upgrade their 3G networks because they use a different 3G technology than Verizon and Sprint, which have maxed out their 3G speeds. Taking the step to 4G is natural for Verizon and Sprint, especially because they have new chunks of the radio spectrum that they want to take advantage of.

The fact that Verizon Wireless and Sprint are adding fresh spectrum may be more important than the fact that they are using it for 4G service. No matter if used for 4G or 3G, companies still cant accommodate for the more data-hungry devices such as smart phones.

There's is however a more subtle benefit to 4G. While it's not faster than the best 3G when it comes to helping you download a big file in less time, it is definitely faster in the sense that it takes less time to initiate the flow of data to you. What that means is that 4G is faster for quick back-and-forth communications. You wouldn't notice this when surfing the Web or doing e-mail: We're talking delays of 0.03 second rather than 0.15 second. But it could mean that 4G will work better for multiplayer gaming, where split-second timing is important. Even phone calls could benefit from shorter audio delays.

Review of the EVO 4G

So, I’ll start off with what you really want to know: is the EVO 4G an “iPhone Killer“? No way. Not even close. Does it have some advantages over the iPhone? Of course. But it has more disadvantages. And, in fact, this isn’t even the best Android phone I’ve tried. Both the Nexus One and the Droid Incredible are better. If you want details about some of that, read on.

4G

Let me lead with a big caveat: I haven’t been using this thing on an actual 4G network. Sadly, neither San Francisco or New York City (the two cities I’ve used the device in) have Sprint 4G yet (both should get it later this year). That said, as just about every other reviewer has pointed out, the 4G is more of a detriment /i.ixnp.com/images/v6.32/theme/silver/palette.gif);">http://i.ixnp.com/images/...eme/silver/palette.gif); BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; POSITION: static; MIN-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; FONT-STYLE: normal; MARGIN: 0px; MIN-HEIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 14px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; FONT-FAMILY: 'trebuchet ms', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; MAX-WIDTH: 2000px; BACKGROUND-POSITION: -1128px 0px; FLOAT: none; HEIGHT: 12px; VISIBILITY: visible; MAX-HEIGHT: 2000px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; BORDER-TOP: 0px; TOP: auto; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; TEXT-DECORATION: none; PADDING-TOP: 1px; LEFT: auto; cssFloat: none" id=snap_com_shot_link_icon class=snap_preview_icon src="http://i.ixnp.com/images/v6.32/t.gif"> to the device because it isn't faster than 3G — and 4G usage destroys the battery life of the device worse than even 3G does. Also, I have used Sprint’s 4G network before, in Austin, Texas, and I can confirm that it isn't faster but hopefully that will change as the network matures.

Battery

And let’s start with the battery. Simply put: it sucks. Again, I’m not using the 4G network (and yes, I have the 4G radio turned off), and it absolutely blows. My iPhone 3GS is about a year old now, so its battery isn’t at the peak condition that it once was. Still, it almost always lasts me for at least a full day doing what I would consider to be moderate usage of the web, texting, taking pictures, etc. The EVO? Good luck getting more than 4 hours of moderate usage out of this bad boy

It’s almost unfathomable how bad the battery is in this thing. Why? Well you might assume it’s the massive 4.3 inch LCD screen. But according to the Battery usage area in the Setting menu on Android, the display is only eating up 5% of my battery on average. Instead, it’s “Cell standby

Originally Posted by Simply Certified

There is so much false information you people are putting out, it isnt even funny
smh.gif

Stop it and wait for June 7th.

And people saying iphone os > android ?
laugh.gif

http://gizmodo.com/555429...es-better-than-iphone-os

take a good look at the link and start reading.

you dudes with cheap wallpaper backgrounds to a live wallpaper?
laugh.gif

i'm done.

You dont think that opinion would be biased considering the history between Apple and Gizmodo?
Youre a fool if you think youll get a fair review on any Apple product from that website.

My iPhone 3GS is about a year old now, so its battery isn’t at the peak condition that it once was. Still, it almost always lasts me for at least a full day doing what I would consider to be moderate usage of the web, texting, taking pictures, etc.
This dude must be an apple shill.  Somebody put up the Hova "We don't believe you".  I don't know anybody that does "moderate" usage that can co-sign this including me.

Originally Posted by Diego

There is so much false information you people are putting out, it isnt even funny
smh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i'm done.

You dont think that opinion would be biased considering the history between Apple and Gizmodo?
Youre a fool if you think youll get a fair review on any Apple product from that website.
and you be a fool if you get a fair review from C NET.   You get why I posted the link ?

ANY TECH SITE IS A PERSONAL REVIEW OF THEIR OWN OPINION OF ANY DEVICE.

So everybody just +%%+,  wait till the new iPhone HD/4th generation comes out, wait for the OFFICIAL specs, have your own experience with the device and THEN put your 2 cents of opinion in it.  I have had both iPhone 2g and 3gs so nobody can tell me JACK.  I'm getting the Evo 4g tomorrow and I know it's going to be better than that new iPhone.  Same damn design since 2007,  bored of that $%#@.   

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ dude saying Droid is average

its definitely not average, its not as good as iphone OS for sure, even palm webOS is better than android

android is still young and HAS a lot of potential, but it hasnt been reached yet, you are naive if you dont believe one day android will take over as the #1 OS for phones

but ive said it before, the iPHONE is a BETTER OS, rarely it crashes, better apps, it is the best media device on the market right now

it is an underpowered device, but if youve used the nexus 1 when i owned it, scrolling and zooming were easily not as smooth as the iphone, plus the apps like the facebook app and twidroid is BAD compared to facebook for iphone and tweetie (aka twitter for iphone)

down the line, android will get better, and i would love to switch to it again, but right now, you guys are claiming its the best with all this potential when it is still young

(former g1 and n1 user)

hopefully their acquisition with one of the members of webOs will make android much more design friendly and etc

This is 100% truth. I currently been switching between a N1(w/ froyo) and 3GS and the 3GS is still smoother than the newer hardware in the N1. I like both OS but to discredit either is just stupid. WebOS is still the best with IphoneOS right behind it. Froyo is a very good upgrade and the gains are very noticeable. This hating just to hate on the iPhone is getting out of hand. There is a reason they got everyone changing their OS design and layout.
Anyways back on topic. They need to raise the cap to 350 and 3gb to give people that cushion. It wont bother me though because I'll still be grandfathered in with the current data plan.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

My iPhone 3GS is about a year old now, so its battery isn’t at the peak condition that it once was. Still, it almost always lasts me for at least a full day doing what I would consider to be moderate usage of the web, texting, taking pictures, etc.
This dude must be an apple shill.  Somebody put up the Hova "We don't believe you".  I don't know anybody that does "moderate" usage that can co-sign this including me.

I can.

What do you do on yours where it can't last at least a DAY?
sick.gif

I can get through a good day and a half on 3G using the browser, playing games, texting and skype.

And whoever posted the Gizmodo article up
laugh.gif

They've been gushing about Android ever since Steve sent assassins to Jason Chen's crib.

As for the new plans, I've been on AT&T and still have my unlimited data that I can keep on renewal. If you missed the boat too bad. It waited for a few years for your slow self.

Expect similar pricing from Verizon soon too. This gives them the green light to do it.
grin.gif

April data consumption was about 1.8gb.... may was about .8gb....i guess i dont iphone much when im not in a classroom

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

I can.

sick.gif

I can get through a good day and a half on 3G using the browser, playing games, texting and skype.

laugh.gif

They've been gushing about Android ever since Steve sent assassins to Jason Chen's crib.

As for the new plans, I've been on AT&T and still have my unlimited data that I can keep on renewal. If you missed the boat too bad. It waited for a few years for your slow self.

Expect similar pricing from Verizon soon too. This gives them the green light to do it.
grin.gif

LIES!! You can't do all that on your phone it last a day and a half. Maybe more like half a day. Everyone knows the iPhone's battery isn't the best so no need to lie. I would wake up at 6:30am and my battery is pretty much dead by like 2:00pm. If you use your iPhone even a decent amount you're gonna need to charge it at least once a day.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ dude saying Droid is average

its definitely not average, its not as good as iphone OS for sure, even palm webOS is better than android

android is still young and HAS a lot of potential, but it hasnt been reached yet, you are naive if you dont believe one day android will take over as the #1 OS for phones

but ive said it before, the iPHONE is a BETTER OS, rarely it crashes, better apps, it is the best media device on the market right now

it is an underpowered device, but if youve used the nexus 1 when i owned it, scrolling and zooming were easily not as smooth as the iphone, plus the apps like the facebook app and twidroid is BAD compared to facebook for iphone and tweetie (aka twitter for iphone)

down the line, android will get better, and i would love to switch to it again, but right now, you guys are claiming its the best with all this potential when it is still young

(former g1 and n1 user)

hopefully their acquisition with one of the members of webOs will make android much more design friendly and etc

Your judging da nexus one's performance as " inferior" over a twitter and facebook app THAT CAN BE CHANGED AT ANYTIME? lolU got off da gravy train too soon, cuz 2.2 makes nexus one EXTRA FASTER, and tweetcaster >*. Right now apple isnt seeing froyo...

smh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i'm done.

and you be a fool if you get a fair review from C NET.   You get why I posted the link ?

So everybody just +%%+,  wait till the new iPhone HD/4th generation comes out, wait for the OFFICIAL specs, have your own experience with the device and THEN put your 2 cents of opinion in it.  I have had both iPhone 2g and 3gs so nobody can tell me JACK.  I'm getting the Evo 4g tomorrow and I know it's going to be better than that new iPhone.  Same damn design since 2007,  bored of that $%#@.   

Calm down though. Im glad you admit that all reviews are nothing but PERSONAL OPINION, so why you getting so worked up?
Notice I never gave my opinion one way or the other. I simply pointed out that if there is one website that is guaranteed to be biased in their review, its going to be the one that YOU posted.

smh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i'm done.

And what is your opinion... its bias as well, and will be your own personal opinions.Hello thats precisely what opinion means your personal beliefs.  This is a review from someone who actually OWNS the phone. So how you gonna tell someone how something works or function when you havent even seen the phone in person let alone even used it?

The fact that it runs 4G for 2 or 3 hr isnt an opinion cause that is proven. The fact that the internet runs at about 600kps a second isnt an opinion that is a fact and has been proven. The fact it only stores 32GB isnt an opinion thats also a fact. The fact that the resolution is half of what the current iPhone is isnt an opinion that is also a fact. It having only a 1MP camera isnt a opinion also.

So im saying you arent even making any since. Your saying you know a phone is better then another based on the fact you never seen it used it and dont own it. You sound like one of those cats that says a player is sorry despite the actual facts and stats because he did something you dont approve of, like cheat on a wife, hit women, have kids out of wedlock ah something.

This dude Lewis Dix is going in fanboy style. Also what phone only has a 1mp camera? If you're talking about the evo thats definitely not true.

you just said
So everybody just +%%+,  wait till the new iPhone HD/4th generation comes out, wait for the OFFICIAL specs, have your own experience with the device and THEN put your 2 cents of opinion in it.
but then u say

I'm getting the Evo 4g tomorrow and I know it's going to be better than that new iPhone.
grin.gif
Stopit5.

I'll stick with my BB 9700. I aint got time to deal with att's shady business practices or sprint's crappy reception.

TMOBILE FTW!

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

you just said
So everybody just +%%+,  wait till the new iPhone HD/4th generation comes out, wait for the OFFICIAL specs, have your own experience with the device and THEN put your 2 cents of opinion in it.
but then u say

I'm getting the Evo 4g tomorrow and I know it's going to be better than that new iPhone.
grin.gif
Stopit5.

So its proven.

Droid fans are dumber that Apple lovers.

dtb00201 wrote:
This dude Lewis Dix is going in fanboy style. Also what phone only has a 1mp camera? If you're talking about the evo thats definitely not true.

The front facing camera is 1.3MP which means yea u can take 8MP but video chat etc is at 1.3MP. And im not bias towards either phone im just stating facts. I like the fact it has flash, it will load websites,pics, and send pics faster then any phone out minus the incredible. I like the whole mifi and ppl being able to share your internet service. And the fact how google software suite is intergrated in the os. 

What i dont like is it will be slow to d/l movies music etc, the fact you have to pay 30 a month for mifi, the whole lcd screen, lack of an expanded app store, the fact you have to buy extra storage memory and have to purchase a sd card for pictures. the os system, and the awkward keyboard. Extra short battery life

From reviews everyone says the incredible is a much better phone with the exception it doesnt have front facing camera and the mifi.

And dont think ill leave out HD. What i like 2MP autofocus front camera, a much faster internet service, an improvement on a already good OS. A second mic so you can talk on the phone and record video without having your phone conversation recorded along with the video. Noise cancelling so you can have a convo without outside interference, or being able to use gps and play music in the car without having to turn it down or off. LED screen with high resolution. Comes with 64GB of memory. Expansive appstore

What i dont like. No flash, Only 5MP camera, no mifi. Wish the screen was a lil bigger. Will have to pay for tethering (until it becomes jailbroken) No HD tv output, which really isnt a big deal cause why would anyone download a movie on a phone and hook it up to a tv just to watch it. Google isnt intergrated in the phone and will have to buy the suite via app store.

Every single cell phone discussion, people end up posting whole essays and *%++. I wanna get into this discussion, I really do, but you dudes who are posting whole articles and *%++ make it hard.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

I can.

sick.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

LIES!! You can't do all that on your phone it last a day and a half. Maybe more like half a day. Everyone knows the iPhone's battery isn't the best so no need to lie. I would wake up at 6:30am and my battery is pretty much dead by like 2:00pm. If you use your iPhone even a decent amount you're gonna need to charge it at least once a day.
Wait, who the hell are you telling me what I can't do on my phone for a day and a half?
indifferent.gif

You need to learn how to conserve battery life and/or find something else to do if your phone can't get through at least 1 day.

And I never said the battery was the best either did I? %%++@.

Back
Top Bottom