No Thread for "The Last of Us" Franchise? VOL. SPOILERS WELCOMED!

A Write Up on TLOUP2:
So I just finished the game last Thursday, and it took approximately 2 months to finish it. Jan 25-March 25, and that’s wild b/c I usually beat games in 2 to 3, mostly 2 days from when I started. GTA 4, 5, and Horizon Zero Dawn are the exceptions b/c they’re mad long. Anyway, it took me so long to beat this game b/c it kept ****ing me up. It kept ****ing me up morally & let’s keep it real, the game is ****ing petrifying.

But yeah, the moral stuff. Idk if I really believe in right or wrong anymore, just perspectives. The last game I just felt that way about Joel, Ellie, Tess, etc, but that’s b/c it just felt like I watching the character instead of being the character opposed to this. This time it felt more like the latter. The Last of Us Pt. 2 is how I’d imagine that world would realistically be like. And although I feel very manipulated, I think this game made me a better person.

In-short:
The game tampered w/ how I view morals and ethics. The game can be very terrifying. I played the game smizzed one time and it triggered an anxiety attack. I went from thinking right and wrong was subjective to not even being sure if the concept exist anymore.

Oh, and I loved the game.

It was my game of the year for 2020 by far. Alot of people were mad that they killed off Joel but it's like life where something unexpected can happen and throw a wrench into our dream scenarios.. the lesbian stuff wasn't a big deal to me as well because that's just life. It didn't feel like they were trying to push a agenda. Some people didn't like playing with Abby but I liked playing with her more than Ellie. Abby is a powerhouse. I liked learning about her backstory and why she did what she did. The ending could have been Ellie killing Abby but life sometimes doesn't work out that way.

The gameplay is a 10 out 10 for me as well. I legit sort of want to play it again... and I never replay big story driven games once I beat them.

Okay, now I can go get this. Dust off the PS4. Been waiting for this for awhile.

Not a fan of story driven game sequels where you don't play as the same character, ala metal gear solid 2.
Series ended with part 1 for me, but I don't hate on people for liking/playing part 2.

TLoU2 was probably one of the worst games (story wise) I have ever played.

The first one is a masterpiece, though.

This mentality that pregnancy renders women useless has actually been used to justify disparities in hiring and pay for women in corporate America. It's a damn shame.
This game did a great job touching on this w/ Mel. I was taken back when she was just apart of the team and not just some civilian being accompanied to the other base. She was dead holding her own against the Seraphites.
It was my game of the year for 2020 by far. Alot of people were mad that they killed off Joel but it's like life where something unexpected can happen and throw a wrench into our dream scenarios.. the lesbian stuff wasn't a big deal to me as well because that's just life. It didn't feel like they were trying to push a agenda. Some people didn't like playing with Abby but I liked playing with her more than Ellie. Abby is a powerhouse. I liked learning about her backstory and why she did what she did. The ending could have been Ellie killing Abby but life sometimes doesn't work out that way.
Let's be honest, Joel getting killed and the way he got he got is the main reason ppl protested the game. This bothers me b/c ppl loved the realism of the 1st one, but when that realism came back on a character they loved they revolted against the game.

I had a hard time playing as Abby after the theater seen at 1st. I think I even stopped playing for week when I saw I had to play as her again, but in the end I was like "I don't want to kill Abby." I don't think I've had a character help me grow so much as a person the way she did in how she was used. Walking around in that Cafeteria at the Wolves and so on seeing how many of her friends Ellie killed kinda ****ed me up.

When Joel got shot in the leg & when Jesse & Yara got killed it was like "does anything matter?" It kinda brought me back to my 30 day banned, it made me reflect me reflect on morality n ****. Like you don't expect it, you can really just be gone in the blink of an eye and you can't do anything about it others just gotta move on. Life and Death may be the only thing that's black and white, everything else seems gray.

Back
Top Bottom